Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page new experimental projects you might be interested in that I'm working on..
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.20.2007, 01:57 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
So, inspired by Rhys Chatham's "400 guitars" piece (crimson grail), I've decided to embark on a similiar project: 1000 guitars... just a really long (probably 40 minutes or so) piece that continually adds guitars until the point where there a thousand different guitar tracks layered over top of each other. Can you imagine the sound (if I produce it right -- hmm)? It'll be ridiculous.

Also, I had the idea of taking really slow organ melodic drones and making them ultra low quality (8000 khz 8 bits or whatever -- the lowest quality you can make it except still in stereo) and burn it to a CD... then rip the CD to 320/48. Then, make a low quality version of it again (8000 khz 8 bits or whatever), burn it to a CD and rip it at the highest quality.. .and on and on and on and on and on until you're left with these super low quality ghost like organ drones... it might sound like the worst thing ever or it might be cool.

No idea if they'll be released, what band moniker I'll use (probably just my name), or anything like that, but I figured I'd write it on here in case anyone's interested. I'm really wanting to work on projects with interesting ideas and would also love to collaborate more with others who are like minded. I, of course, am continuing to work on the new scissor shock album "the mars travolta" (which I still need to fill about 15 minutes up on).

These ideas might be cool or might be terrible but oh well.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2007, 02:11 PM   #2
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I live in the Cincinnati area,and I might be interested in a road trip one weekend, especially for the guitar project. I'm a big fan of Rhys Chatham's concept (not always a huge fan of his sound, a little too 80's no wave for me sometimes) and would really enjoy working on something like that.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.08.2009, 08:05 AM   #3
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth