Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Football Thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.04.2014, 03:49 PM   #5181
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
every other minute there's a foul and no cards yet. james is a target, but the colombians have been dishing it out too. wtf ref.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 03:50 PM   #5182
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
any small mistake and i'm going down like the hindenburg!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Moral of the story: That is why I don't do fantasy sports

the moral of the story is that you're too afraid of losing? shit, man! sack up, play to win, and then whatever happens. if you don't like nerd activities fine, but fear of losing is going to keep you from having fun at most things.
Old 07.04.2014, 03:56 PM   #5183
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
I think fantasy sports ruin it for me, not because I'm scared of losing (after all, lose what exactly??), but honestly because sometimes it even ruins when your team is winning! I follow stats to understand the game, but I don't feel like wagering on stats, just the win column is whats important.

If your team is winning but the stats aren't there, a losing team with better stats can ruin it for you. Fuck that, its an American tradition that winning trumps stats.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 04:00 PM   #5184
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Yooo this ref is annoying. And Columbia isn't looking too good right now.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 04:01 PM   #5185
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
every other minute there's a foul and no cards yet. james is a target, but the colombians have been dishing it out too. wtf ref.

Yes this is taking "let em play" to a surreal level.. Maybe the ref isn't a fan of Magical Realism

Or maybe he really digs journey
Quote:

When did Journey's Neal Schon start playing for Brazil???

You can tell the officiating is bad that whenever a whistle is blown the players get up to argue their case to the ref against the foul call meanwhile the ref was just cautioning them no foul..

This is going to bite someone in the ass ala Netherlands-Mexico when the ref inevitably draws down the hammer, and I smell it hurting Colombia

Old 07.04.2014, 04:04 PM   #5186
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I think fantasy sports ruin it for me, not because I'm scared of losing (after all, lose what exactly??), but honestly because sometimes it even ruins when your team is winning!

oh, i see. i'm not suffering from that. i have players from both sides on this one, ha ha ha.

the hindenburg thing was a metaphor for my high risk/high reward strategy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost
Yooo this ref is annoying. And Columbia isn't looking too good right now.

they lost their shit after that first goal and then they lost it again but they've regained a bit towards the end of the last half i thought.

the ref i think by failing to control the players is letting the game get too choppy. 14 fouls by brazil and 12 by colombia. that's 1 every 2 minutes. 26 instances of stopping the game by fouls alone.

he's afraid of taking out yellow cards because people like thiago silva would miss the semifinal if they got a card.

VAMOS COLOMBIA! A PONERLE COJONES!!
Old 07.04.2014, 04:12 PM   #5187
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

What about the ref is a journey fan theory??

Old 07.04.2014, 04:19 PM   #5188
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

ha ha, the neymar lookalike.

---

ref is a useless cunt. needs to put some order. it's verging on lawlessness. it goes on like that there are going to be injuries.
Old 07.04.2014, 04:20 PM   #5189
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Hey Brasil, Dont Stop Believin!

Old 07.04.2014, 04:23 PM   #5190
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

40 fouls in 62 minutes!
Old 07.04.2014, 04:30 PM   #5191
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Yeah this has been one of the most physical games I've ever seen.. Brazil was starting to look like Honduras out there!

Old 07.04.2014, 04:48 PM   #5192
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

well, they fucked neymar badly it looks like. that was coming. terrible.
Old 07.04.2014, 04:50 PM   #5193
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Colombian may, as you mentioned before, quite literally be playing for their lives.. #CollateralDamage...

Before that injury this was the best game of the tournament thus far.. I've had to piss since the Neal Schon goal but I won't dare leave the TV

Old 07.04.2014, 04:57 PM   #5194
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

fuck, heartbreaking result, and nice to see the brazilians consoling poor james who can't contain himself.

i knew it was a long shot but i really wanted colombia to go through.

terrible ref-- i don't blame him for colombia losing, i think it was a fair result in the end, but he really let the game get out of hand.
Old 07.04.2014, 04:59 PM   #5195
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
fuck, heartbreaking result, nice to see the brazilians consoling poor james.

THAT WAS THE MOST REMARKABLE EXAMPLE OF GOODSPORTSMANSHIP I'VE SEEN IN YEARS... When we show kids what sport is all about, and how to be a good sport in loss and how not to gloat in victory, THAT was what we should show them.. I sincerely feel honored to have been privileged to see it happen.. I hope people noticed.

Old 07.04.2014, 05:03 PM   #5196
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Marquez, Herrera, and ALL of Mexico should take note of that event, both of how Colombia was noble in losing and how Brazil was humble in victory. James is crestfallen, David Luiz had the game of his life, and it was noble of James to even remotely LET the victors and cause of his pain approach him so intimately in that moment, and even more humble and human for those several Brazilian players and David Luiz to firstly focus on sincerely consoling James even when having just won a HUGE game.... I will always remember this up.. I ain't even necessarily rooting for Brasil but that moment is in my all-time sports top-5 memories..

THAT again is the epitome of Sportsmanship... Mexico, Uruguay, pay attention..

Old 07.04.2014, 05:13 PM   #5197
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
All goals today came from set pieces.
I'd like some open goal tomorrow.

Completely agree on the ref being mentioned so much doing so little. A foul feast.

Still, he got to book Thiago Silva (not the meanest on the pitch), who will miss the semi against Germany. Ah ah...

Edit: James has scored 6; will he remain the cup top scorer?
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.04.2014, 06:12 PM   #5198
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand
All goals today came from set pieces.
I'd like some open goal tomorrow.

Completely agree on the ref being mentioned so much doing so little. A foul feast.

Still, he got to book Thiago Silva (not the meanest on the pitch), who will miss the semi against Germany. Ah ah...

Edit: James has scored 6; will he remain the cup top scorer?

maybe--especially with neymar in the hospital

--

update:

FRACTURED VERTEBRA. MOTHERFUCKER.

the colombian (zuñiga) needs to be penalized by fifa but that shit ref must be thrown to the trash heap.

i'd like to see a scandal the size of suárez's teeth.
Old 07.05.2014, 01:03 PM   #5199
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Missed both games yesterday.

Argentina Belgium felt a bit flat. Especially the second half. Belgium didn't seem to wake up till the final 10 minutes. For all the criticism aimed at Di Maria so far, they'll miss him if whatever he went off with ends up keeping him out.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.05.2014, 01:27 PM   #5200
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Missed both games yesterday.

Argentina Belgium felt a bit flat. Especially the second half. Belgium didn't seem to wake up till the final 10 minutes. For all the criticism aimed at Di Maria so far, they'll miss him if whatever he went off with ends up keeping him out.

argentina had to deal with an early di maria injury so they did what they had to do and cooled it and waited for counters. i think they did pretty well considering a week ago many people were saying they had no defense-- they still left some gaping holes that belgium didn't find (esp. in set pieces) but i thought they pressed well for the most part. lavezzi was great outflanking belgium but he had no gas at the end. same as higuain in his own space.

speaking of di maria-- there went my fantasy score along with his bum leg!

fernandez - 0 (sat out injured… aghhhh)
di maria - 2 (ouch)
messi - 4 only! (inexplicable, these scores)

only good scoring was mascherano with 10 (until something gets tweaked and he gets it reduced).

[edit: now i'm showing mascherano 9 messi 3. add this to yesterday's cuadrado 2 and mueller 4 and smell the nosedive]

only sub i have is navas for ospina (the rest are ghosts). wondering if he'll make a lot of saves and score high or if robben will crucify him and he'll score negative.

(ospina scored only 5)

last week both keepers had heroic performances but i am not sure they can have 2 in a row… there's a wear and tear or the law of averages wins in the end.
210250257258259 260 261262263270310360 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth