Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY Freebie 7/31 Prospect Park Brooklyn NY
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.03.2010, 11:28 AM   #81
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
SY Shadow Rocket: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MEgqE0SQN4

from Village Voice: "and leading off the encore, Evol's classic Kim-starring sexily tortured heavy-breather, "Shadow of a Doubt." That was, as we like to say about things that can still give jaded jerks shivers, truly transcendent."
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2010, 12:00 PM   #82
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
AWESIOME
Old 08.03.2010, 12:48 PM   #83
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
george, excellent vids. how'd you get so close? did they get rid of the barrier when SY got on? i got there as Talk Normal were playing and saw 8 or so photographers in the pit (unfortunately my day of show photo pass request went unanswered; i didn't think i'd be at the show).

yeah, great show, and a great set list. i think that was about the 10th or so time seeing them, and it was way up there (even if i couldn't see that well...was ~25' behind and to the right of the soundboard...got up to the walkway towards the end).
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2010, 04:23 PM   #84
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks to everyone for reviews and all the info! geez georgekrz you have some valuable 2010 recordings in your archives! spain and now this. excelent vids.!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 08:54 AM   #85
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
narlus- I'm a member of that Celebrate Brooklyn thing, you get to go in that area in the front plus no waiting in line. Some of the past shows they allowed you to bring a friend in. I asked them if I could bring in another person but they said no cause they expected a lot of people to show up.

greenlight- yeah I still can't believe how lucky I was with that Spain thing, what with the volcano and all those other people missing out. It was awesome, glad you liked the vids.
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2010, 04:06 PM   #86
ennui61
empty page

ennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's assesennui61 kicks all y'all's asses
The VIP section do u mean the gated area with tables and benches? A quick story of how nice someone in there was. I was standing on the curb hanging on the railing next to that section watching the show. A guy on the inside was standing a bench inside there with a friend watching the show. He was drinking a beer I was dying for one but didn't want to lose the spot i had. On the curb above the crowd clean line of sight. So when i guessed the mans beer was almost gone i asked him if he could grab us both a beer, the line inside there was almost empty. I gave him the cash he grabbed the beers. I thought that was a damn nice thing for him to do for a complete stranger. Only made the show that much better. The man made my night, i was thirsty as hell and he was a savior.
ennui61 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2010, 03:40 PM   #87
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
my buddy at the show said things were fairly open, nudge nudge wink wink, they barely looked in bags, etc - so maybe things are relaxing a bit, that would be nice.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.05.2010, 08:18 PM   #88
Burzunium
empty page

Burzunium has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Those Bigasslenses recordings are very tempting. Damn, no torrents yet of the full audio?
Burzunium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.04.2010, 03:26 PM   #89
eternal
bad moon rising

eternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asseseternal kicks all y'all's asses
has a recording of this surfaced yet?
eternal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth