Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Thoughts on Religious Knives...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.28.2009, 05:16 PM   #21
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i think mouthus are one of the best bands around, incredible when i saw them play, i wish they'd come back to the uk and bring the sightings with them

I too would like to see this...

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2009, 05:21 PM   #22
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
the drummer from mouthus is one of the most original drummers i've ever seen too
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.28.2009, 05:23 PM   #23
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
i would love to see them live, though i doubt they'll ever come to lille
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2009, 09:55 AM   #24
sarramkrop

They're great. Bitch on.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2009, 10:48 AM   #25
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
I got halfway through 'The Door' and had to turn it off. I mean, it sounds fine and all but... is there really MUCH to it? Kinda bored me...
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2009, 10:55 AM   #26
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I got halfway through 'The Door' and had to turn it off. I mean, it sounds fine and all but... is there really MUCH to it? Kinda bored me...

You're the king of boredom. You even start threads about it. What can possibly entertain you?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2009, 11:02 AM   #27
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Drugs and hoes.
Old 03.01.2009, 08:02 PM   #28
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
But it seems to me, Maya Miller and Michael Bernstien are much more into making this dreamy rock music that gets people vibin, than the shrieking electronics that gets people crouthced into the fetal position.

I listened to an interview a couple of days ago here (check it out, most of it is in english)
where they pretty much imply just that. They mention that they've always liked to play "songs" and refer to Double Leopards as more being Marcia Bassett and Chris Gray's band that they just joined.
I prefer their songbased work too and didn't like their early drone stuff. The stuff that's collected on It's After Dark is really great. Saw them live twice, the first time they were really amazing, but the second time they left me feeling underwhelmed.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2009, 06:16 AM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I changed my mind about Mouthus. Really amazing stuff. Takes a while to get into, but it's totally awesome. I think I was a different person, in a different state of mind, when I first heard them, and I was expecting something different. Rarely do I find a band that I revisit and end up totally loving them but it happened here.

Though, thinking about it for a second, the "problem" with a lot of these bands is that they release so much material, for so many labels, and while a lot of it is quality, there's going to be some "essential" releases people will end up not hearing because of various reasons. It's kind of difficult to know where to start when all these bands have like 30 albums. Sometimes you can randomly dig in and not enjoy what you're hearing and then miss out on their best material.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 12:23 PM   #30
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
I like Mouthus live more than on record as they come off as sort of an artsy sludge band than another run of the mill, signed to load records, pseudo-noise band. They are inconsistent, but I have given "Saw a Halo" a re-listen and I must say that I really enjoyed it, like these crushing circular industrial rock songs. If they continue on with that, I will dig them. I think it's just something about "M" nosie rock bands. Metalux, Mouthus, Monotract. Boring ass, off putting names, then you hear Metalux and its like everything good about psyuchedelic rock without the bullshit.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2009, 12:54 PM   #31
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Drugs and hoes.

just did a google image search for drugs and hos

Old 03.25.2009, 01:04 PM   #32
Derek
invito al cielo

Very entertaining!
Old 03.26.2009, 07:31 PM   #33
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
its nice to hear that they are great live.
you have seen them yourself, you weirdo!
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth