Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What are you playing?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.22.2010, 06:32 PM   #2541
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, after playing a fps shooter with two joysticks...it's REALLY!! hArd to get back to goldenye. You just can't beat the mobility and the more precise aiming. It was fun while it lasted though.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 07:08 PM   #2542
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I've played a lot of recent FPS's.. Killzone and Gears and all that.. none of that stuff is my thing... but I can see the appeal, they're fun in a way... but I really truly honestly believe the Halo series is horrible. I've played all 3 and they're so, so, so insanely boring. I've played 2 online for hours, trying to figure out what the appeal is. I have no idea honestly.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 07:13 PM   #2543
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses

Old 09.22.2010, 07:21 PM   #2544
Murmer99
stalker

Murmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's assesMurmer99 kicks all y'all's asses
i have only played the first Halo on a friends XBOX years ago. honestly i thought it was pretty good, just didn't make me want to play any of the others. i think it's massively overrated.. well the first one was. i know nothing about the other ones though. it isn't something i would want to play again is what i mean.
Murmer99 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 07:29 PM   #2545
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
If anyone's friends with me on soulseek, I'm sharing mega man 1-10 soundtracks!!

Nice. I get the strong sense that the composer listened to a ton of heavy metal, you can hear it through the MIDI's of them. They're some of the best MIDI tracks I've heard.
Inhuman is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 07:37 PM   #2546
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Nice. I get the strong sense that the composer listened to a ton of heavy metal, you can hear it through the MIDI's of them. They're some of the best MIDI tracks I've heard.

actually I'd agree with this. Yeah.
Old 09.22.2010, 07:38 PM   #2547
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

I'm talking amazing Shmups. Never mind Halo.
Old 09.22.2010, 08:21 PM   #2548
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I've played a lot of recent FPS's.. Killzone and Gears and all that.. none of that stuff is my thing... but I can see the appeal, they're fun in a way... but I really truly honestly believe the Halo series is horrible. I've played all 3 and they're so, so, so insanely boring. I've played 2 online for hours, trying to figure out what the appeal is. I have no idea honestly.

I only play online with friends. that's what makes it fun for me. plus we're kind of good at this shit. We played A LOT of halo 2, but we were never pro level. I actually have friends who are Pro Level and actually compete n shit. ANd actually win money too. but yeah....I played Reach online at my friend's house and it really reminded me of Halo 2, and I just like the online.....
Old 09.22.2010, 08:22 PM   #2549
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

oh yeah, XBL update just finished....gonna play me some halo.
Old 09.22.2010, 08:47 PM   #2550
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman

Absolutely, I've noticed Japanese music in general has a very strong sense of melody and countermelodies -- whereas a lot of our music is a bit more straightforward, I've noticed a lot of "Japanese rock" tends to have lots of sections, lots of interesting melodies and so on and so forth, so I can definitely see them jamming so Japanese metal and stuff. There were actually tons of composers for some of the Mega Man games -- surprised at how consistent it is. They sure did get a lot out of 4 channels! These songs translate so well as Minibosses songs for this reason -- if you haven't heard them, go to youtube and type in Minibosses Mega Man and check them out, since they kinda do a metal style for them and it's perfect.

Old 09.22.2010, 08:51 PM   #2551
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

Shadow of the colussus movie?

http://kotaku.com/5645340/shadow-of-...-scott-pilgrim
Old 09.22.2010, 11:08 PM   #2552
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'm not a big fan of the Wario series though. They're ok. 4 was especially good. 3 also. The first is pretty good, but the 2nd sucks.

I owned both 3 and 4 back in the day, and loved them to death. I used to play part 1 on an emulator all the time as well. I can't remember part 2... probably because it sucked. Haha.

But, I've always liked how Wario is like a bizarre, deformed, fatter, heinous version of Mario. I also like how Wario doesn't bullshit around with saving damsels in distress, instead his main goal in any game is always his greed. Coin collecting in a Wario game is always much more fulfilling to me than in a Mario title. In short, he's a badass.

Quote:
Yeah, $2.99 minimalism rules. If I'd paid $60 for that game, though? Either way, it's a very, very average game, it just seems like such a weird game to play when you could be playing Okami...

Luckily the game only cost $39.99 upon initial release, and was soon dropped to $20 - $15 after being torn to shreds by critics. It's funny 'cause every site I've checked seems to agree with you, and considers the game mediocre, yet when I check the user reviews, most of them praise it even higher than I do.

All I know is that I'm having an absolute blast with this one so far. Okami does look pretty fun though. I love Capcom.

Quote:
...Also, Joe, if you like games with no depth that are actually really fun, you HAVE TO get God Hand. It's made by some of the PN03, Killer7, and Okami people. If you can't find it, I'll mail you a copy! Haha. I mean, it's easy as hell to find, again, you can probably find it for $3-5. Imagine Streets of Rage, but oh, COMPLETELY FUCKING INSANE. You're constantly running, spanking people, taking baseball bats to assholes, breaking everything, including ninjas...

God Hand looks fucking awesome! Definitely something I'm going to try and hunt down at one of my local shops. because I just checked GameStop.com and it's going for $13 at their stores, and the closest one that has it is half an hour away. Where are you finding this so damn cheap? Pawn shops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
i have only played the first Halo on a friends XBOX years ago. honestly i thought it was pretty good, just didn't make me want to play any of the others. i think it's massively overrated.. well the first one was. i know nothing about the other ones though. it isn't something i would want to play again is what i mean.

Oh god yes! I've always hated Halo, although I've never attempted to play any of the sequels. I'm not too big a fan of FPS's in the first place, but Halo rubbed a raw nerve the wrong way with me from the first time I played it (before it was a household name). It's actually quite odd to me how beloved the franchise is.

Quote:

Have you tried TimeSplitters 2? It's made by pretty much the same guys who made Goldeneye and is pretty damn similar. It also has a great roster of wacky characters, fun battle modes, weapons, and a pretty damn well-developed mapmaker.

This reminds me, I need to get my hands on another copy of Perfect Dark soon. Easily the best FPS on the N64.

Quote:
I'm talking amazing Shmups. Never mind Halo.

Do you have a boot disc, or a modded 'cube?

All in all, I'm still more than a little peeved that my XBOX crashed, and I can't play my beloved GunValkyrie.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2010, 07:15 AM   #2553
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
Do you have a boot disc, or a modded 'cube?

I have a modded Cube and a non-modded Cube with a FreeLoader.
Old 09.23.2010, 07:18 AM   #2554
noisereductions
invito al cielo

BTW, if you've never seen them, the Japanese (and Euro) GameCube games look like f'ing candy! The packaging is SO MUCH better than US GCN games. Here we got standard DVD sized cases. Which is dumb since the discs are so small. Other countries got tiny little cases (the same case they used for the GBPlayer startup disc). It makes the tiny game packaging look so great. See those two covers I posted up above for instance? They look phonomenal as little tiny game boxes. Haha.

Anyway, the GCN Shmup library proper is small, but amazing. Sadly 3 of the 5 classics need to be imported. But trust me, they're all worth it.
Old 09.23.2010, 08:38 AM   #2555
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, Joe, I mean, I wouldn't tear the game to SHREDS -- it's not that it's awful, just wholly average. Also, yeah, it has a cult following, but so does every little game that most people don't know or care about, even Haunting Ground and Rule of Rose. As it stands, I'd rather play it than the latest Halo shitfest. "Where are you finding this so damn cheap? " There's this store that is LITERALLY 2 minutes from my house (and I live 20 minutes away from EVERYTHING) called Granny Beas. People from all over the midwest come to it. No joke. It is the greatest used gaming/movie/etc store ever. Also, in greenwood -- about 40 minutes from me -- there's a disc replay, and it has so many awesome deals. I got Tomba! there for $5 (it goes for like $80), Persona 2 for $20 (sold it later for $70), Ikaruga for $15 (and it goes for like $80 I think, or it did). There are seriously 20 pawn shops in my town, or around them, and I live in a super small town and am surrounded by smaller towns... so, yeah, who knows, guess I'm just lucky, but my game collection has always been pretty fucking awesome (till I kinda stopped caring and tradedeverything last year for a $1500 laptop.. though I still use my windows me computer most of the time!) and I haven't paid shit for any of them. My favorite deal was Castlevania: Dracula X for the SNES. Bought it for $3, sold it later for $92. And it was an AWFUL game, easily the worst in the series next to the Game Boy one starring a chick. Also, the Wario games are badass, those are the only games I even really like on the GameBoy, and the Virtual Boy Wario game is awesome. I really like the Virtual Boy actually, they just should've made it where it didn't hurt your fucking eyes after staring at it so long. ANYWAY, Treasure made a Wario game for the GameCube that's fun and has no depth and can be beaten in like an hour (it has the Strider 2 thing, where if you die, you continue, and you start right back where you were -- btw, Strider 2 is one of the most fun and awesome games ever made, HIGHLY reccomended, even if it's short, just download it and burn it, even if you don't like the first strider, this game is AMAZING, you're flying around and cutting robots heads off and jumping from building to building and riding on mechanical dragons throughout the city while people shoot lasers at you; seriously the most fun and action packed game, with awesome hand drawn graphics, just fucking awesome.... Capcom, again!). Also, the WarioWare games are SO fucking fun. Wario just rules, period. I hate Perfect Dark, it was so overrated, after the first level it gets boring quickly. It's one of those games that people remember liking a lot in 1999 but playing today, they're like "ugh, what garbage." Trust me on this one -- do not cloud your memories of the game by playing it again, haha. I played it recently and me and my friend both went "UGH." and put in Goldeneye. I saw an auction on Ebay last year where someone was selling 10 Perfect Dark cartridges for $1 -- $1 for 10 cartridges! I almost bought it, instead I bought 25 shitty N64 games for $2.99 (free shipping too!), just awful forgettable shit like that Konami game HYBRID HEAVEN -- I turned around and traded them, haha.. at Granny Beas, you can trade 2 games on one system for one game.. so I traded in those shitty games and got 12 new games.. I got the Ogre Battle game for the N64, probably the best game on the system, and it goes for like $60, haha. Forgot to mention that I got Chrono Trigger -- with the manual -- at Granny Beas, too, for $6. Haha. Sold it earlier this year for $74. And yeah TimeSplitters 2 is pretty fun at times. I played it a lot with Norton. I just am not into FPS's. But, I think Halo is by far the worst FPS I've ever played. So clunky and dull. And I'm with Joe: I played the first Halo before I knew the popularity of the series, and just never understood the deal.

And, yeah, my favorite GameCube shoot em up besides Ikaruga is actually Radio Allergy, which was re-released on the Wii, with Chaos Field and another game, I think the package is called Ultimate Shooter Collection, and it's totally worth getting, if anyone has a Wii, again I'm sure you can get it for $10 easily. The best shooter of last generation was Treasure's Gradius V.. or perhaps R-Type Final... both on the PS2. Actually, I'm sure Thunderforce 6 was, but I haven't played it... I just know that Thunderforce 5 was awesome. I have around 40 shoot em ups for the ps1 and 2 and other systems. CAVE is my favorite developer. I'm actually thinking of designing a bullet hell game for the next video game I design (though game design is something I'm really lazy with -- I made Adam Cooley's Funhouse a year ago, a first person bump-into-walls game, and I still haven't bothered with version 2, cuz I'm so lazy).

Anyway, I'm now playing Vib Ribbon:

Kinda fun, highly inspiring graphically brilliant PSX side scrolling adventure that builds levels based upon the CD's you put in. So, like, if it's a loud scary Merzbow album maybe it'll have tons of villians. It measures frequencies and volume shifts and shit to create the terrains and enmies and what have you. It honestly sounds a lot cooler than it is, but just to be able to put in a Scissor Shock cd and play levels "based" on it is nice. I mean, they made, what, 15 Monster Rancher games based around putting cd's into your psx.. (anyone remember how they used to release those "master lists", haha? In the back of magazines, they'd have, like, 1000 different cd's listed and would list the monster it'd create... PUT IN THE GREAT MILENKO TO CREATE A CHAT-ER-NOOK!)

jUST downloaded this:

Bishi Bashi Special (PS1)... a game which comprises of several minigames begging such instructions as 'shake the can of soda' or 'fire the man onto the plate'. It's fun to play but doesn't make a lot of sense....

Might play caveman simulator Tales of the Sun later.

Old 09.23.2010, 08:48 AM   #2556
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Radirgy GeneriC is great. But I actually prefer Castle Shikigami II, Chaos Field and Ikaruga. Don't get me wrong, all 5 GCN Shmups are fantastic (the last being the Star Soldier remake).
Old 09.23.2010, 08:56 AM   #2557
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah I'd love the Star Soldier remake. I had Castle Shikigami II for the PS2 and it was okay. I also have the first one for the PSX. It was average. My favorite PSX shoot em ups, so far (still got another 50 or so to play), were: Einhander (by far the best), Internal Section (more of a "tunnel" shooter, with a perspective a bit like StarFox, but by far the best game on the system, also made by Square, strangely, with members of the team who went on to do Rez), R-Types, Thunderforce V, R-Type Delta, Raystorm, Zanac X Zanac, Raiden DX, Blast Radius, Sexy Parodius, G Darius, Raycrisis, Xevious D-G+, Sonic Wings Special, Shooter Starfighter Sanvein, the INSANE Cho Aniki, Gradius Deluxe Pack, DonPachi, Salamander Deluxe pack, Philosoma (loved the old commercials for this... "this isn't a movie, it's a SHOOTING GAME!"), HARMFUL PARK, Cotton 100%, Super Big Brother: Galaxy's Monst Invincible Strongest Ma, Night Striker, Tempest X, Metaphist, Dezaemon, Shooting Tsukuru, Galeoz, Extra Bright, Paranoiaescape, Vanark, and motherfucking Omega Boost!

Anyway, yeah, Radio Allergy is so badass, the graphics -- kinda like XIII and Alien Hominid, no? -- are unreal:

Originally, of course, a Dreamcast game!

So, you should grab that, Joe.

Yeah, ...time to get me a new 'Cast, fuck... look at this shit!: http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index...Main.ShootEmUp

Mark my words, within a year, I will have every single one of those. Hey, nr, do you remember the link you gave to Joe re: burnt DC games? I know it can be done fairly easily, don't you have to download a program that will shrink the games size a bit to fit on a CD-R or something?

Old 09.23.2010, 09:05 AM   #2558
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I never played Shikigami II on PS2, but reviews I've read say that it's a mess compared to the GCN version. All I know is the GCN game is a masterpiece.

Star Soldier remake is great adam. You can get it on PS2 as well.
Old 09.23.2010, 11:48 AM   #2559
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I have a modded Cube and a non-modded Cube with a FreeLoader.

Thank you.

Quote:
"Where are you finding this so damn cheap? " There's this store that is LITERALLY 2 minutes from my house (and I live 20 minutes away from EVERYTHING) called Granny Beas. People from all over the midwest come to it. No joke. It is the greatest used gaming/movie/etc store ever. Also, in greenwood -- about 40 minutes from me -- there's a disc replay, and it has so many awesome deals. I got Tomba! there for $5 (it goes for like $80), Persona 2 for $20 (sold it later for $70), Ikaruga for $15 (and it goes for like $80 I think, or it did). There are seriously 20 pawn shops in my town, or around them, and I live in a super small town and am surrounded by smaller towns... so, yeah, who knows, guess I'm just lucky, but my game collection has always been pretty fucking awesome (till I kinda stopped caring and tradedeverything last year for a $1500 laptop.. though I still use my windows me computer most of the time!) and I haven't paid shit for any of them. My favorite deal was Castlevania: Dracula X for the SNES. Bought it for $3, sold it later for $92. And it was an AWFUL game, easily the worst in the series next to the Game Boy one starring a chick. Also, the Wario games are badass, those are the only games I even really...at Granny Beas, you can trade 2 games on one system for one game.. so I traded in those shitty games and got 12 new games.. I got the Ogre Battle game for the N64, probably the best game on the system, and it goes for like $60, haha. Forgot to mention that I got Chrono Trigger -- with the manual -- at Granny Beas, too, for $6. Haha. Sold it earlier this year for $74...

... or perhaps R-Type Final... both on the PS2...

...I mean, they made, what, 15 Monster Rancher games based around putting cd's into your psx.. (anyone remember how they used to release those "master lists", haha? In the back of magazines, they'd have, like, 1000 different cd's listed and would list the monster it'd create... PUT IN THE GREAT MILENKO TO CREATE A CHAT-ER-NOOK!)

Damn I wish I had even one store around here like that. The best place to go for deals around here is this pawn shop that sells all "vintage" games (anything not currrent gen) for $5 no matter what they are. That's actually where I got my sweet Super Metroid pin.

It sounds like the stores you've mentioned don't even check the game's worth whatsoever before selling it. All the local game places around here find out what a game's worth online, and sell it for a price slightly higher than that...it sucks. I hardly ever get "steals".

If you could see how much God Hand is there, I'd mail you the money for it. Keep an eye out for it next time.

And yeah, R-Type Final is GREAT!

I used to play Monster Rancher 2 all the time. What a fucking game! So much more fun than any of the Poke'mon titles (which I don't necessarily dislike), in my opinion. I completely forgot about that one... creating monsters based off cd's was so much fun...haha. Damn.

Quote:
Yeah, ...time to get me a new 'Cast, fuck... look at this shit!: http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index...Main.ShootEmUp

Mark my words, within a year, I will have every single one of those. Hey, nr, do you remember the link you gave to Joe re: burnt DC games? I know it can be done fairly easily, don't you have to download a program that will shrink the games size a bit to fit on a CD-R or something?

You definitely should. The system is simply outstanding. OUT-STANDING, I TELL YA!

But yeah, fuck the link that NR gave me (haha no offense, NR). I just go to EmuParadise for all of my DC ISO's. They'll have anything you'd ever want there (although it seems all illegal copies of Ms. Pacman's Maze Madness have been removed from the net...so if you're dying to play that for some odd reason, it looks like you'll have to buy it)

But scroll past all the American games, and the PAL games, to the section right before the Japanese games, called "Dreamcast Other". This is where you'll find an NES emulator + ROMS, a SEGA Master System + Game Gear emulator w/ ROMS, and a Genesis Emulator with ROMS - all ready to play on your Dreamcast! They also have a BETA version of Rez, and if you're looking for all of those shmup titles - well why not check out their Dreamcast Shmup Collection section?

So you're gonna want standard 700MB CD-R's and a program called DiscJuggler to read the .cdi files. Just get the demo version, it lasts forever, and burns at the lowest speed possible (you actually want this).

Here - http://www.padus.com/downloads/demo.php

Once you've got DiscJuggler all set up here's what you do...

Go to File > New > Burn disc images

Now that you have that window opened up, insert your CD-R, click the icon that looks like a piece of paper with a cd on it, and select the .cdi you want to burn, and the drive or "destination" w/ the disc you want to burn it to.

Now go to the advanced tab, change the Mode from "Audio" to "Mode 2", check RAW write, and if necessary, check overburn disc. It'll usually say in the game's description if it has to be overburned.

Now this only works for .cdi files (which most Dreamcast ISOs are) but there are sometimes other weird files you're gonna run into that you're gonna have to figure out how to burn yourself. I've had this problem with Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Dead or Alive 2, and Ikaruga (although I haven't tried the link in the shmup collection yet). If you can figure out how to get those working (yes, I've even tried Alcohol 120% - which comes with spyware, I wouldn't recommend this program) pleeeeeaaaase let me know.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. A few games are gonna initially read as audio cds (ChuChu Rocket, Rayman 2, Space Channel 5, etc.), so you're gonna need to get yourself the Utopia Boot Disc to play these.

But yeah, that's about it! Happy burning bro!
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2010, 12:14 PM   #2560
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:

the link I sent him was dcscene -- those should all be optimized and ready to burn -- just burn as an image using imgburn or something similar.

EDIT, nvm, Joe has you covered. But don't forget who told Joe!
78118125126127 128 129130131138178228 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth