Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Chinese Democracy.....NOW STREAMING!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.21.2008, 07:55 AM   #21
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
"The Dark Side of the Moon for our generation"
haha
lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2008, 10:08 AM   #22
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I just want to hear It's So easy and Mr Brownstone.
Old 11.21.2008, 10:14 AM   #23
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCreep
I couldn't make it halfway past the first track.
hahahaahahahahahahahaha
the way you put it made me LOL
like "sorry dOOdz i TRIED, but i can't take it anymore"
hahahaha
Old 11.21.2008, 10:16 AM   #24
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
OK, it's over now.

Hmm...my objective review.

Good Stuff: Some alright guitar work, occassional weird bits of sound add depth, interesting array of styles

Bad Shit: Some very poorly excuted ideas, some absolutely horrible vocals/lyrics, plus the ending of the last song sounds too much like Bauhaus' "Bela Lugosi's Dead" to me

OK, I can't hold back anymore............................

I'm sorry to the myriads of G'n'R fans out there (especially the douche on their MySpace whom actually went as far as to call it "The Dark Side of the Moon for our generation"), but this was NOT worth waiting 15 years for in the slightest. Maybe if it had been released around the time the power ( ) the band once had (i.e. Appetite for Destruction) was still fresh, it might work more, but as it stands today...dear Lord. This record could very well make Axl Rose a complete laughingstock (even more than he is already) in the music world. I'll go so far to admit that some of the tracks had interesting bits, especially in the intros-but once the songs got started, they quickly went downhill (I actually liked "Madagascar" until all the dumbass samples kicked in).

Chinese Democracy is a great example of the phrase "TOO MUCH". As I said earlier, it sounds like Axl rose is trying to consolidate all music, ever. There is literally EVERYTHING musical on this record-dirty riffs, studio trickery, choirs, orchestras, guitar soloing of both the "speed" and "feel" variety, discordance, ambient soundscapes, sequencers, drum machines, multilayered vocals from Axl and what sounded like other people...hell, one track even starts out like trance, and there's some pseudo-rapping to boot. That may sound good in theory, but the end result sounds like he cut 'n' pasted a bunch of other bands' music (the intro to the one song sounds to me like the intro to Ministry's "The Dick Song", while "Madagascar" could be the worst song the Cure never wrote) overtop of what might've been OK Guns 'n' Roses songs. It is the sound of Axl Rose screaming at his detracters (sp?) in the music world, "Fuck you! I can do exactly what you're doing too, and better!", and falling flat on his face in the attempt.

I posted that I would give the album a chance, meaning that I would listen to a few tracks with an open mind, and if I didn't like what I'd heard, I'd just close the window and get on with my life. But in the end, I ended listening to the whole thing, because:

1. It's the musical equivalent of a car crash-you cannot look away, no matter how much you may want to

2. It's unintentionally hilarious and if nothing else, interesting to see how many styles/sounds Axl could've pulled out of his ass

3. I don't like giving up on things that I know will end, no matter how painful they might be

Sigh...oh, man.

I'll conclude by saying that I never had any problems with Axl Rose's voice before, but I do now...I don't know if it 100% because of this album or just the fact that I never considered myself enough of a G 'n' R fan to warrant getting any of their albums. So maybe his voice didn't bother me because I never had to listen to it for more than one song at a time?

synthesis: AVOID THIS PIECE OF USELESS CRAP AT ALL COST
Old 11.21.2008, 10:16 AM   #25
sarramkrop

Bjork is famous.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2008, 10:22 AM   #26
greedrex
invito al cielo

ha yeah
Old 11.21.2008, 10:39 AM   #27
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I mean, what were you all expecting? You are ranting like you thought it might be good. NOTHING GnR has ever done has been good, so, um... what's new?
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2008, 10:43 AM   #28
greedrex
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I mean, what were you all expecting? You are ranting like you thought it might be good.
exactly. It surprised me to see the METALLICA dribbling but i could understand it, however you know Guns N Roses wow, people just uh leave it altogether!!!

Old 11.21.2008, 10:47 AM   #29
lechaoscestmoi
the destroyed room

lechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asseslechaoscestmoi kicks all y'all's asses
i don't like gnr cuz kurt hated axl rose!!
lechaoscestmoi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2008, 11:18 AM   #30
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by lechaoscestmoi
i don't like gnr cuz kurt hated axl rose!!

I'm going to assume this is a joke

Hating on a new GnR albums reminds me of the time that Siskel (sp?) and Ebert (sp?) gave Good Burger 2 thumbs down. I mean, these things were meant to entertain people of lower intellect; Good Burger for the underdeveloped yet growing brains of children, and a new GnR album for the stupid, uninformed, and with a doubtful future of any growth, brains of adults.
Old 11.21.2008, 11:43 AM   #32
sarramkrop

you're so uncool, man.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2008, 11:46 AM   #34
sarramkrop

you're so making the journey from buddies list to my ignored one.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2008, 11:52 AM   #35
JohnEsmoke
little trouble girl

JohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's assesJohnEsmoke kicks all y'all's asses
A new Metallica...
A new Guns'n roses...
It seems that we're back in the begining of the 90's but, no new Nirvana will come to save our souls ! sad...
JohnEsmoke is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2008, 12:16 PM   #36
afterthefact
invito al cielo

At this point, if Nirvana were still around, I doubt I would want to get a new album by them.
Old 11.21.2008, 12:38 PM   #37
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
As Mr & Bowels says, it's pretty much the same as their early stuff. It sounds like the sort of thing I'd like if I liked it.

If it was MBV, a lot of people would be more inclined to say it was amazing. Actually, come to think about it, it would be amazing if MBV turned out an album as moderately ok as Chinese Democracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.21.2008, 12:46 PM   #38
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
"Chinese Democracy in stores Nov 23rd. Only at Best Buy"

Only at BEST BUY? You're trying to sell an album that you took 11 years to make and you release it only at best buy of all places? Dead record shop owners are rollin in their graves.

The first 1:30 of the album is amazing, works well after listening to TLASILA. Then they try to sound like every band of existence. It's still not as horrible as people are claiming it is.
Old 11.21.2008, 08:17 PM   #39
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
you're so making the journey from buddies list to my ignored one.

you so wouldn't do that, you like our discussions.

besides porks, i didn't say you should listen to them.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.22.2008, 09:29 AM   #40
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
you so wouldn't do that, you like our discussions.

besides porks, i didn't say you should listen to them.

joke
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth