Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Goo Survivor (round 2)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: vote for the song you DONT like...(the song you want to vote off)
Dirty Boots 5 10.64%
Mote 3 6.38%
DisappearER 4 8.51%
Cinderella's Big Score 8 17.02%
Scooter and Jinx 25 53.19%
Titanium Expose` 2 4.26%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06.21.2006, 12:21 PM   #1
kill_yr_evol_sister
little trouble girl

kill_yr_evol_sister ain't too shabby
ok, we're gonna do things a LITTLE different this time......insted of voting for BEST song we will now vote for the song you want OFF the list....(the worst, i guess) so yup, here goes

(there was like a ......four? way tie on the last one.....so i just took all four of them off....k?)

kill_yr_evol_sister is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 12:25 PM   #2
DemonBox
the end of the ugly

DemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's assesDemonBox kicks all y'all's asses
Ouch, that was a though one.
DemonBox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 12:27 PM   #3
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Damnit, I assumed it was the same as last time...fuck.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 12:39 PM   #4
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Cinderella's Big Score
not that i dont like the song. it's just my least fave. out of all the above
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 01:39 PM   #5
kill_yr_evol_sister
little trouble girl

srry "scooter and jinx" ....

Old 06.21.2006, 01:41 PM   #6
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_yr_evol_sister
ok, we're gonna do things a LITTLE different this time......insted of voting for BEST song we will now vote for the song you want OFF the list....(the worst, i guess) so yup, here goes

(there was like a ......four? way tie on the last one.....so i just took all four of them off....k?)

Better to do it this way, voting for the worst. Four way tie? Bung 'em all out!

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 01:55 PM   #7
Fox
the destroyed room

Fox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's assesFox kicks all y'all's asses
Cinderella's Big Score

Noisejob
Fox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 02:47 PM   #8
IntoTheGroovey
bad moon rising

IntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to allIntoTheGroovey is a name known to all
scooter n' jinx
Old 06.21.2006, 02:49 PM   #9
kill_yr_evol_sister
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
Better to do it this way, voting for the worst. Four way tie? Bung 'em all out!

yeh, i will.

Old 06.21.2006, 03:10 PM   #10
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
wasnt scooter n jinx out of the last list?
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 03:27 PM   #11
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
shit MARY CHRIST is gone, fuckin hell. its harsh.
Old 06.21.2006, 03:46 PM   #12
kill_yr_evol_sister
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
shit MARY CHRIST is gone, fuckin hell. its harsh.

WELL, then you should've voted for it last time!

Old 06.21.2006, 04:50 PM   #13
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Scooter and Jinx is filler. The rest are (for Goo) quality tracks.
Old 06.21.2006, 06:02 PM   #14
Dues
little trouble girl

Dues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to all
Must say I liked the previous approach better, giving positive votes to songs. It left so much more room for shining a light on the beauty of a specific song. Then again, hate or love, it's all the same. And I guess it's kind of contradictory towards the concept of surviving… Let it be harsh and cold. I'm voting of Dirty Boots. Who cares about them boots anyway? Bash 'em!

edit: and to me Scooter+Jinx is hardly 'filler'

The true test, after all, is to be like everyone else. Once that happens, he no longer has to question his singularity. He is free—not only of others, but of himself.

Dues is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 07:00 PM   #15
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
fuck lee and his plastic lyrics
mote
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.21.2006, 09:03 PM   #16
Neongod
the destroyed room

Neongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant futureNeongod has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dues
edit: and to me Scooter+Jinx is hardly 'filler'

Please explain to me how it's not. I'm not being a smart ass...I really want to know how you consider this to be anything but filler (and you're not alone... a lot of people like this track and it baffles me). It's just like the Becuz Coda (aka Untitled) to me. Except in S&J's case, it doesn't seem to have any reason to exist except as a simple noise experiment.
Old 06.21.2006, 10:18 PM   #17
kill_yr_evol_sister
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neongod
Scooter and Jinx is filler. The rest are (for Goo) quality tracks.

it's funny NOW everyone says that....but on the last round everyone was like "where's scooter and jinx" ??? thats like teh bast track on there!

and now it has 21 votes? lol, OH WELL

Old 06.21.2006, 10:34 PM   #18
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Total waste of a round if you ask me, how can anyone prefer scooter and jinx over any of the other (real) songs?
Old 06.21.2006, 10:41 PM   #19
kill_yr_evol_sister
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
Total waste of a round if you ask me, how can anyone prefer scooter and jinx over any of the other (real) songs?

that's why i didnt include it in the FIRST round! but OH WELL, i'll just take off the top TWO this time k? (so that it's not a TOTAL waste of a round)

Old 06.21.2006, 10:55 PM   #20
m^a(t)h
expwy. to yr skull

m^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard suckam^a(t)h cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_yr_evol_sister
it's funny NOW everyone says that....but on the last round everyone was like "where's scooter and jinx" ??? thats like teh bast track on there!

and now it has 21 votes? lol, OH WELL

that was me who was saying that, and it is the best track on there...
m^a(t)h is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth