Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Make a blatant comment on the current state of SYG.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.31.2009, 02:01 PM   #121
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, that's what I was saying. A forum is just a forum, it cannot change.

Yr all just a bunch of moody fucks who cant hold back what they post so it becomes a bunch of self involved rabble haha!
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2009, 02:03 PM   #122
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkstation
i had no idea internet forums went through good times and bad times and "phases." i thought it was just a bunch of random people talking about music and other weird stuff.

i agree with the previous post. its just a forum.

there is a world out there.

Yeah, but it sucks. That's why we seek solace on the net.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2009, 02:06 PM   #123
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Well, now apparently to some the net sucks too. So you better find a third alternative ;-)
Old 10.31.2009, 02:09 PM   #124
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Well, now apparently to some the net sucks too. So you better find a third alternative ;-)

Outer space?
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2009, 02:16 PM   #125
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

somewhere in between
Old 10.31.2009, 02:34 PM   #126
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
The current state of SYG? You make it sound like it's not a bunch of blowhards on a forum ogling pictures of young chicks, intellectually masturbating, and believing that forum posting is the newest art form and therefor posting irrelevant shit instead of making conversation over things that are generally interesting.
I meant for this thread to be a lot more positive than it has come to be.

I was drunk at the time. It's like I jumped onto a wrecking ball and forgot about the "do not operate heavy machinery" warning.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.31.2009, 04:15 PM   #127
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

Don't get me wrong, I love this place.

When ppl start bitchin about a message board tho....I must tear them apart.
Old 11.01.2009, 11:03 AM   #128
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
I meant for this thread to be a lot more positive than it has come to be.

I was drunk at the time. It's like I jumped onto a wrecking ball and forgot about the "do not operate heavy machinery" warning.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I don't know the general feeling. But people tend to put forums that they post on on a pedestal.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2009, 01:39 PM   #129
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
but seriously...

i would like to become a mod and then close sonic gossip, sonic sharing, ban all the parody threads, sonic youth fans, stupid fucking indie smug lifestyle "so im just doing something inconsequential basking in the pointlessness of my subjectivity making a thread about it and im so self aware and ironic" threads, ban anybody that likes hunter s. thompson or anything i deem to be shit, be able to delete whatever posts i want to to drive out the people i don't like and then bask in the facist glory of my own impotent obsessions with shitty american entertainment and so called art thus further wasting my life and clogging up my brain/try to have interesting discussions with people where there is no ego "i have the cooler toys than you" approach and ideas are actually shared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
but this will never happen because as someone already said this place is used more as an "ego support" network for a small number of people who enjoy presenting a false avatar of themselves. but i think some are also probably genuinely trying to maintain friendships with each other so i can't knock it too much. most people who come here are searching for some way to be in the world, the secret they think must enable sy to do what they do, they lurk around and gradually post more and more until they are no longer in awe of the regular ones who must know something they don't because they have become them to the newer posters so they get sick of themselves. it is an unusually friendly board, we all complain but it is a lot more welcoming and civil than most.

this place is also the graveyard of a certain type of generation x attitude that is long past its sell by date and only brings misery to the sad fuckers who try to keep it up as their worldview because it is long obsolete and now just purely conservative. but you do get a certain connection here with what is new in the underground at a level of dedication and obscurity that is unusual for such a mainstream band. the likes of dj rick and nyoukis etc. who occasionaly post here, cooley's 100 strong best of the year lists. stuff like that makes it worthwhile but there is so little of it and so much of the same old bands we all know and don't get anything new out of anymore.

i want to leave but it just keeps sucking me back in with it's pointless and quick oppurtunity for attention. i wish i knew some other better board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Brilliant ni'k, just brilliant.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2009, 01:58 PM   #130
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Insightful as ever Ned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2009, 03:08 PM   #132
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
nice one ni'k.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2009, 04:45 PM   #133
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
zyklon
zyklon
zyklon b

zombie
zombie

zyklon
zyklon
zyklon b

zombie
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2009, 04:53 PM   #134
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
nice one ni'k.

!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2009, 04:56 PM   #135
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by verme (prevaricator)
zyklon
zyklon
zyklon b

zombie
zombie

zyklon
zyklon
zyklon b

zombie

There's a film at the cinema
And people go in pairs
They show it at night
And some people get scared
And once you're inside
They lock all the doors
And the seats are all empty
And there's blood on the floor

It's a Zyklon B-Movie
Straight out of the past
It's a Zyklon B-Movie
And it could be your last

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.01.2009, 05:04 PM   #136
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
Throbbing Gristle - Zyklon B Zombie

I'm just alittle jewish girl
Ain't got no clothes on
And if I had a steel hammer
I'd smash your teeth in
And as I walk her to to the gas chamber
I'm out there laughing

Zyklon Zyklon Zyklon B Zombie Zombie

And if I had a little leather
I'd rub your tail off
I'm just a poor jewish girl
I've got no clothes pm
And as I walk into the room
They're all stood laughing

Zyklon Zyklon Zyklon B Zombie

And if I had a little manners
I'd beat the call-up
While the people in the chamber
They form a pyramid
And as I kiss the shiny leather
I've got no clothes on

AND THEN MY HEAD SPLIT OPEN!

See all these little jewish girls
They have no clothes on
And with my mind I see you
With all your clothes on
And so I spare you from your friends
Who I give Zyklon
Just as they take a big warm breath
Some more pure Zyklon

Zyklon Zyklon Zyklon B Zombie [repeat]
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2009, 10:56 AM   #137
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
remember when the internet wasn't full of pricks that feel like they need to tell others how to act without actually living by their own worthless advice???

me neither.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2009, 11:13 AM   #138
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I appreciate the posting of Nazi pix in order to lure me back into posting a bit.
The board is in a bit of a lull, yes, but there are always people on here I want to stay in touch with and there is always good music to be discovered through their sharing of their tastes.
The level of general wit and inspiration to hone my own wit has been down lately, though. I miss that.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.02.2009, 11:15 AM   #139
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think it is that we are in a lull where so many fucking bands suck ass and are pussy soft bullshit, goddamn singer songwriter assholes, fucking weak goddamn WEAK sing song soft shit fucking no one wants to ROCK any more, where is the catharsis? where is the rage and virtriol? did Unsane run out of it? are people that fucking babyshit soft that they now need to hear some fuck with a goddamn harp or the fucking three part harmony ofthe fleet foxes?????? Is this what Noise wrought? a backlash against the skrnonk and making the und4erground focus more on the same horrible shit that the cros by stills nash ASSHOLES made the world suffer through???????????
fuck I hate that shit. fuck their shit.m FUCK EM. let'c bring it back to the core.
Old 11.02.2009, 11:23 AM   #140
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
listen to Electric Wizard.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth