Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is there any good trait about American Youth Culture?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.28.2008, 09:07 PM   #41
Mostly Harmless
bad moon rising

Mostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
American Youth Culture?

That sounds like something Nixon or Agnew would have made up. And probably did!

What a bunch of horseshit to make up a category like that. Even if you could reasonably define something like that, what would it be? Kids flocking to American Eagle? Zombies all plugged into their iPods and ignoring the world around them?

Give me a break.

That'll go over really well with my teacher.
Old 08.30.2008, 12:58 PM   #42
Mostly Harmless
bad moon rising

Mostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's assesMostly Harmless kicks all y'all's asses
This is the bullshit I ended up with:

When I was asked to write an article about the teenage culture of America, I was positively thrilled. I love the United States, and am grateful to have the opportunity to share information about the youth of this wonderful nation. I would like to focus on two growing trends in America that you might not be aware of, which are closely akin to traditional French values.
The first trend concerns the decline of Racism in America. Intolerance has been a black sheep of United States history for centuries. Over one hundred years after the Emancipation Proclamation, another historic breakthrough may finally spell the end of America's curse of Racism, which is a major political party nominating the first black presidential candidate, Barack Obama. The American youth is significantly moving away from the prejudices of our forefathers. Needless to say, it's an exciting political time for our country.
This brings me to my next topic, which is out youth's growing concern for the future of this nation, centering around the upcoming presidential elections. More and more teens are seeking to understand how the United States is seen around the world and to positively affect that image with their vote. Many teens in the United States are excited enough about Obama's potential presidency to sport t-shirts with his image.
In conclusion, this is indeed a beautiful nation, and the youth of today are making a positive difference. The media doesn't always highlight the positive aspects of American youth culture, but there are important social developments happening the youth of France to be aware of: most importantly the beginning of the end of racial prejudice, and concern for America's role around the world. And these developments reflect well the values of the French motto “Liberté, Egalité, Fraternaté”

I wasn't graded on how well the paper was written, so I didn't bother making the sentences flow or making it good in general. Just putting generic things down made it the best damn paper in the class for my teacher.
Sonic Youth 37 won. Thanks to everyone else who participated.
Old 08.30.2008, 01:31 PM   #43
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
A bright political career awaits you...
( better type "Fraternité" , though )
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 01:58 PM   #44
sarramkrop

Randomly, at the moment I am bewitched by its underground energy alone.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.30.2008, 02:04 PM   #45
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yes. It also has sustainable local scenes that doesn't always create great music, but is far healthier than the capitol-centric scenes found in many other countries.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth