Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page London gig guide
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.19.2010, 02:48 PM   #1021
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
ive wanted to go to so many things at Cafe Oto but its a massive pain in the arse to get to and from. Id love to see the Lambkin thing

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2010, 12:59 AM   #1022
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
JAPANESE NEW MUSIC FESTIVAL
LONDON: Cafe Oto

SUN 14TH NOV, 2010 8pm
£10.00

TATSUYA YOSHIDA OF RUINS AND MAKOTO KAWABATA AND ATSUSHI TSUYAMA OF ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE WILL PLAY 7 DIFFERENT UNITS! THAT'S GOT TO BE SEEN!

TSUYAMA ATSUSHI solo
Tsuyama is best known for his monster bass in Acid Mothers Temple, but he also has amazing technique of guitar and vocal. his He has travelled around the world and accumulated the traditional styles of guitars/vocals in europe and asia. he adds his own interpretations and lyrical sense to create a beautiful but odd "fake traditional" musical world. recently he developed a new figure called "prog.rock > blues- ization plan". he dismantle the masterpiece of progressive rock, and restructure it as an impromptu blues.

KAWABATA MAKOTO solo
Kawabata Makoto is best known for his speed-demon noise-fuzz guitar in Acid Mothers Temple, but he is also widely active as an unparalleled drone guitarist. Drawing upon a huge reservoir of original techniques including metal glissando and bow-work that can summon up the sound of a string ensemble or orchestra, his work in this area cannot be simply categorized as minimal, drone or experimental. You'll find it hard to believe that a single guitar can create sonic worlds of such meditative and elegant depth.

RUINS ALONE (Yoshida Tatsuya solo)
Yoshida is one of the most innovative drummer/composer/improviser in
Japan's new music scene. pioneer of Drum & Bass duo RUINS was founded by Yoshida in '85 . Tunes are complicated and mysterious, and songs are sung in the language of their own invention. It's high-tension, wild, heavy, speedy, acute, and powerful tremendous ensemble never sounds like they are only two players. now RUINS had no bassist and currently he has been playing as RUINS ALONE. playing RUINS songs with sampling bass.

ZUBI ZUVA X (Yoshida/Tsuyama/Kawabata)
Eccentric poly-rhythmic a cappella ensemble. It covers from Gregorian chant to ethnic music, to do-wop to hardcore screaming, heavily using irregular rhythms and polyrhythm. All sorts of ideas and aberrant musicality overturn the image of a cappella. their totally meaningless lyrics and desperate performances throw the audiences into the abyss of the laughter and admiration. it makes the concept of "singing ability"nonsense.

AKATEN (Tsuyama/Yoshida)
Formed in 1995 with the motto of "irresponsibleness" and "perfunctoriness." They easily free themselves from the spell of the traditional seriousness of the art. Using daily commodities like scissors, toothbrush, zipper, camera, and plastic bottle as percussions, and shouting their brand names over and over as the "songs," the show is performed under the concept of low cost and maximum sound effect. AKATEN is the experimental convenience store punk band that provides the sound images of cheap and simple daily lives.

ZOFFY (Tsuyama/Kawabata)
Formed in 1998. Zoffy's music hints both at the members' deep musical knowledge via their improvised performances of troubadour music and European trad, and also at their deep love for rock via their destructivist covers of classic rock songs, thatno longer sounds like anything but ZOFFY. The group believesthat humor is essential in music, and their unprecedented performances stray far from the beaten track. Is this the Ultima Thule that rock music has long been aiming for?

ACID MOTHERS TEMPLE SWR (Kawabata/Tsuyama/Yoshida)
Acid Mothers Temple have rapidly become acclaimed as the greatest, most extreme trip psychedelic group in the world. Releases have appeared on labels around the world at an amazing pace, and the magnificence of their live performances is already being whispered of as legendary. SWR is the AMT Family's most powerful battle-formation yet. featuring Tsuyama and Kawabata from the original AMT and Yoshida from Ruins. their crushingly acute freakout sound will pulverize the world's legions of wannabe psych groups

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/86590
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2010, 01:03 AM   #1023
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
SEEFEEL
The ICA
THU 16TH SEP, 2010 7.30pm
£15.00

Seminal band Seefeel are set to return to the UK this September with their first new material for nearly 14 years (their first on Warp for 15 years) and a special one-off headline show in London.

The catalyst to regroup with new members Shigeru Ishihara and E-da (a former Boredoms drummer) and record new material came after the band were asked to play Warp20 in Paris in 2009, as guitarist Mark Clifford explains: “We always said that we wouldn't record a new Seefeel record unless we could present something that we felt was new. When 'Quique' was re-issued a couple of years back myself and Sarah did some interviews together and we talked about recording new material. We exchanged a few ideas which were OK and things slowly got into gear but it was being asked to do the Warp20 show in Paris that really forced us to step up a couple of notches and since then, with the addition of E-da and Shige, things have developed and grown.”

The band’s relationship with Warp Records began in 1994. Warp co-founder Steve Beckett explains: “Seefeel were the first band that Warp signed who had guitars – they were brave to sign to us because they became the ‘older siblings’ in the family and took all the flak by breaking the unwritten rules of an (up until then) purely dance label. After 1995’s ‘Succour’ they stopped performing live, but we always kept in touch and then for the first Warp20 show in Paris we asked if they would play”.

Describing their performance in Paris as ‘unbelievable’, he asked the band to make another record as they came offstage. “They came back six months later – not just with a record, but a great record. This band needs to be heard, they need to be seen so that’s why we got involved again. Family members might leave for a long time but they always come home.”

Mark says of the band’s immediate future and the addition of Eda and Shinge: “Having two new members has really helped the dynamic of the band. There is a real dynamic, creative process that’s exciting. We are growing as a live band, adding elements of improvisation and looser structures unimaginable to us a few years back and with continued touring - I'm excited to see how we develop in that direction.”

http://www.wegottickets.com/event/88267
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2010, 01:06 AM   #1024
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, Seefeel.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2010, 12:30 AM   #1025
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Abe Vigoda, Naked on the Vague
13 Oct 10 20:00 London
Cargo
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2010, 01:02 AM   #1026
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
The Fresh & Onlys
3-Sep UK London Old Blue Last
Old 07.25.2010, 04:51 AM   #1027
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
I am very, very upset that I will be out of London when The Pop Group play...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
The Pop Group

Special guest DJ T.B.C.
The Garage, London, UK
Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th September 2010
£17.50 + bf

DOORS OPEN: 7.00pm
CURFEW: 10pm Saturday, 11pm Sunday

CLICK TO BUY TICKETS

http://www.atpfestival.com/newsview/1007121600.php

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.05.2010, 05:51 AM   #1028
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=9...&id=7976d277de
Old 09.22.2010, 08:15 AM   #1029
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Merzbow at xoyo on the 27th October
Hype Williams this Friday at The Macbeth
Old 09.22.2010, 01:46 PM   #1030
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
October is shaping up to be the best month of the year for gigs in london. all these people are playing next month

Jailbreak (chris corsano & heather leigh murray)
Zeni Geva
Swans
Barn Owl
Melt Banana
Joshephine Foster
Abe Vigoda
Naked on The Vague
Shoji Hano & Olaf Rupp
Carla Bozulich
Tetuzi Akiyama
Lichens
Paul Metzger
Stellar Om Source
Oren Ambarchi
Master Musicians of Bukake
Live Evil Festival (currated by Fenriz)
Mudhoney
Liquid Liquid & Polvo
Merzbow
Einsturzende Neubauten
and the LAFMS festival

To be honest it's a bit annoying, there hasn't been as much good stuff as usual in London this year and even though I'm not interested in seeing all of the above there are 13 that I definitely would go to but there's no way I can afford them all.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2010, 01:51 PM   #1031
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
plus John Tchicai and Peter Brotzman with Ken Vandermark are playing at Cafe Oto next week.
Old 09.22.2010, 05:08 PM   #1032
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Merzbow? hmmm...

oct 21 Hallogallo 2010
oct 22-23-24 LAFMS festival
oct 25 ?
oct 26 ?
oct 27 Merzbow
oct 28 Electric Wizard + Moss

I wasn't really planning on doing this - I probably shouldn't - and the shit I'd be getting at work would be something else, but if anyone knows a good reason to make it worth the 25th and 26th then I'm all ears.

Although October's already too busy with gigs anyway, also in Holland... thank God at least Sunburned Hand of the Man had the decency to postpone their tour.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2010, 08:04 AM   #1033
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

can't remember the exact dates of the gigs i posted above, but off the top of my head i know that swans, zeni geva, master musicians of bukake + barn owl, are towards the end of the month
Old 09.23.2010, 10:25 AM   #1034
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
October is shaping up to be the best month of the year for gigs in london. all these people are playing next month

Jailbreak (chris corsano & heather leigh murray)
Zeni Geva
Swans
Barn Owl
Melt Banana
Joshephine Foster
Abe Vigoda
Naked on The Vague
Shoji Hano & Olaf Rupp
Carla Bozulich
Tetuzi Akiyama
Lichens
Paul Metzger
Stellar Om Source
Oren Ambarchi
Master Musicians of Bukake
Live Evil Festival (currated by Fenriz)
Mudhoney
Liquid Liquid & Polvo
Merzbow
Einsturzende Neubauten
and the LAFMS festival

To be honest it's a bit annoying, there hasn't been as much good stuff as usual in London this year and even though I'm not interested in seeing all of the above there are 13 that I definitely would go to but there's no way I can afford them all.

that is quite annoying just for the reason that it would cost so much money! i would have to pick and choose.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.24.2010, 07:03 AM   #1035
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
can't remember the exact dates of the gigs i posted above, but off the top of my head i know that swans, zeni geva, master musicians of bukake + barn owl, are towards the end of the month

can't really justify it with any of those i'm affraid... shame, i haven't seen merzbow in ages.

if anyone knows something about interesting gigs happening around the GYBE ATP then please post them here. all i've found so far is that borbetomagus are playing london afterwards.
Old 09.24.2010, 11:42 AM   #1036
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
if anyone knows something about interesting gigs happening around the GYBE ATP then please post them here. all i've found so far is that borbetomagus are playing london afterwards.

off the top of my head, Moon Duo & Shrinebuilder
Old 09.26.2010, 07:18 AM   #1037
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Gnod
6 Nov 201020:00The Unicorn - FREE SHOW Kentish Town
Old 09.26.2010, 07:42 AM   #1038
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
GD, do gnod have merchandise at gigs?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.29.2010, 07:09 AM   #1039
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

Quote:
off the top of my head, Moon Duo & Shrinebuilder

Thanks, although I'd already seen those.

I'm really hoping for Corrupted to add a London date. They're playing the In Between Days ATP thing, although judging by the bio on their site ATP seem to be completely unaware that Corrupted's vocalist has left the band a couple of months back.
Old 09.29.2010, 07:23 AM   #1040
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Corrupted were absolutely incredible when i saw them last year, i'm hoping for a London date too, I'd be surprised if ATP were flying them out from Japan just to play the in between days.
42495051 52 53545562 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth