Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SXSW 2008 bag
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.23.2008, 06:10 PM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
IS IT ME? OR...

Thursday, October 23, 2008 | 8:17 AM

...does this tote bag design really suck?
You'll notice that it's a SXSW 2008 bag, so yes, this rant is probably seven months too late, but while sitting in front of a computer all day in complete solitude, all types of random thoughts will cross one's mind.
(left: I'll bet you a quarter YOU could draw better than this.)
My wife has always been good about using the free swag I've received over the years, and while blogging yesterday I looked down at the floor and noticed her SXSW tote bag. After looking at it for a couple seconds, I couldn't help but think, "Wow, that's one crappy-ass design." I then noticed the tag on the right-hand corner of the artwork, thurston/moore 2008, which led me to believe that Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore created the picture.
Because I've drawn a picture or two in my lifetime, I came to the conclusion that it took Moore approximately 23 seconds to sketch the design. Each time I looked down at the bag I became more and more angry. Why would SXSW accept a design like that? Did they think we would be so impressed that--ooooooh, Sonic Youth's Thurston Moore took some time out of his busy schedule to scribble some stick figures--we wouldn't notice how shitty it was?
Apologies to CMJ. I guess it's proper etiquette to not talk about another music festival while one is currently going on. I can only hope that five months from now, SXSW will have a better tote bag design for 2009.
Note: If by chance some kid created the design for some type of charity effort, I preemptively apologize. Like I said, some random stuff can cross one's mind while staring at a computer screen all day long.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2008, 07:24 PM   #2
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
you cracked me up w/ that, lol.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2008, 04:52 AM   #3
repeater
bad moon rising

repeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's assesrepeater kicks all y'all's asses
It´s not just you, THAT`S one ugly totebag
repeater is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth