Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Unpopular Musical Opinions
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.16.2006, 09:27 PM   #121
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietzer123
i think some of bright eyes stuff is brilliant
yes.
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 09:38 PM   #122
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
i know X used to be harder core but they have always sucked.

dietzer123 calls Bright Eyes "brilliant" & rags on The Stones. finding nobody agrees. His signature suggests he's a Dylan fan but yet he got sucked in to Bright Eye's pose. Seriously, are you guys musical masochists or what? I couldn't care less what dietzer123 thinks. & to prove that very point, he's ignore listed. He always has had awful taste....AWWWWW FULLL. Go listen to Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed or Sticky Fingers.

So let me get this straight...i dish out the scoop on Sonic Youth's "appearance" on Gilmore Girls & instead of wanting to message about that, you guys unanimously are dead-set on quibbling with me about nit-picky bullshit? Goddamn creeps.

FUCK

why do i even try?
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 10:15 PM   #123
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
i've constantly had a vendetta against the rolling stones because of the shit the way they squeezed every last cent out of the success of bittersweet symphony against the verves wishes. some of bright eyes lyrics are just plain brilliant.
Old 04.16.2006, 10:39 PM   #124
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
not unpopular with this board
but unpopular with the general tastes of the public is that The Sopranos (which have been using some terrific music this season) missed a perfect opportunity to close tonight's program with Sonic Youth's "New Hampshire".
Instead they used "The Fourth of July" by pseudo-L.A.-punkers X. khchris actually professed once that he likes this horrible band. I'd also like to remark that his contention with Steve Jones is a stupid one.

That's okay though, I got Duran Duran, Arcadia & Sade on my '80s list in that other thread haha. Which makes me remember that I forgot The Power Station on my list. That was a pretty damn good pop rock record. hey Hip Priest, Sting sings backup on a track on the Arcadia record. Also in 1985 ,he famously did back up vocals on the classic Dire Strait's Brothers in Arms track, Money for Nothing. Sting says his "I want my MTV" line was a parody of Don't Stand So Close to Me.

oh yeah, a little bit of some news for all you (well, most) music-hatin' fucktards:
I read that the May 9th Gilmore Girls season finale with Sonic Youth (news at main page) is actually an episode where Grant-Lee Phillips (something has always irked me about that guy) is leaving to go tour with Neil Young so the town (i guess, i've never seen the show) holds a Troubapalooza Festival & performers that will be featured (for seconds, i imagine at a time although SY were listed first in the blurb) are gonna be Sonic Youth, Yo La Tengo (recently they played a show with John Zorn & Sun Ra), Joe Pernice (now with the Pernice Brothers, formerly of Northampton's own The Scud Mountain Boys), Sparks (no shit...Thurston got to work with one of his absolute faves), & Mary Lynn Rajskub (who playes Chloe on 24).

...to quote John Lennon: "strange days indeed"

I'd like to remark that atari 2600 should check out this guy named JOHNNY THUNDERS before he's too quick to dismiss Steve Jones's ripped off style.

Take notes, my friend.

Next.

(I hear a, "CONSIDER YOURSELF IGNORED")hahaha!
khchris(original) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 10:46 PM   #125
khchris(original)
100%

khchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asseskhchris(original) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i know X used to be harder core but they have always sucked.

dietzer123 calls Bright Eyes "brilliant" & rags on The Stones. finding nobody agrees. His signature suggests he's a Dylan fan but yet he got sucked in to Bright Eye's pose. Seriously, are you guys musical masochists or what? I couldn't care less what dietzer123 thinks. & to prove that very point, he's ignore listed. He always has had awful taste....AWWWWW FULLL. Go listen to Beggar's Banquet, Let It Bleed or Sticky Fingers.

So let me get this straight...i dish out the scoop on Sonic Youth's "appearance" on Gilmore Girls & instead of wanting to message about that, you guys unanimously are dead-set on quibbling with me about nit-picky bullshit? Goddamn creeps.

FUCK

why do i even try?

Why do I get the feeling that atari 2600 has everyone on his ignored list?(hahaha!). He's going to have like only one guy to talk to when he comes on the board. I wish atari 2600 would've used the "ignore" function if there was one on the last board when he tried to "correct me" by telling me how to spell "The Sea and Cake". He went P-S-Y-C-H-O!
Old 04.16.2006, 10:48 PM   #126
schizophrenicroom
invito al cielo

schizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's assesschizophrenicroom kicks all y'all's asses
Fear Of A Black Planet is equal to, if not better, than It Takes A Nation Of Millions.
Old 04.16.2006, 10:58 PM   #127
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
you're ignore listed, khchris(original). so cheer up because i'll never go "P-S-Y-C-H-O" on you ever again. Talk about "no life"...you're still going off on that "C in Cake" shit? For like the tenth time now! What a freak! I barely have the time anymore for this board, let alone your silly mind games.

your writing is not as hot as I suspect you would like to think & you routinely abuse the quote function. In fact, most people here annoyingly do. Since khchris mused about how many people I had on my ignore list, here are the posters (so far) that just can't cut the mustard:

Laila
Lethrneck4
createsounds
dietzer123
khchris(original)
AssBlaster
Kursty

I'd also like to add that none of these people have ever shared anything of note. Lethrneck4 has shared material (after being called out on this very point by me), but it was stuff I already had. Laila shared her (the following edit of an additional adjective is in caps because I see Laila posted right after this message) DUMB little movie once. The ignore list provides for a great solution for removing these flaming leeches from my ass.

Fear of A Black Planet is the best PE record; I agree, schizophrenicroom, but Pet Sounds not only doesn't suck, it's one of the top 100 best records that exists.
Old 04.16.2006, 11:04 PM   #128
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
oh god I'm going to kill myself cause the atari god hates me. boo hoo
Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 11:05 PM   #129
sonikold
children of satan

sonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's assessonikold kicks all y'all's asses
here's one i actually believe:

pavement and modest mouse BLOW CHUNKS!!!

sonikold is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 11:10 PM   #130
CHOUT
invito al cielo

CHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's assesCHOUT kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, Pavement are way overrated.

CHOUT is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 11:28 PM   #131
atari 2600
invito al cielo

Their first, Slanted & Enchanted, is somewhat overrated & their last, Terror Twilight, is weak at times. Other than that, Pavement is fairly solid. Great tunes, creative songwriting & interesting sounds all abound throughout the rest of their discography.

Modest Mouse are indeed awful.
Old 04.16.2006, 11:36 PM   #132
khchris(original)
100%

Quote:
you're ignore listed, khchris(original). so cheer up because i'll never go "P-S-Y-C-H-O" on you ever again. Talk about "no life"...you're still going off on that "C in Cake" shit? For like the tenth time now! What a freak! I barely have the time anymore for this board, let alone your silly mind games.

your writing is not as hot as you would like to think & you abuse the quote function. In fact, most people here annoyingly do. Here is a list of the posters (so far) that just can't cut the mustard:

Laila
Lethrneck4
createsounds
dietzer123
khchris(original)
AssBlaster
Kursty

I'd also like to add that these people have never shared anything of note. Lethrneck4 has shared material (after being called out for this very point by me), but it was stuff I already had. Laila shared her (the following edit of an additional adjective is in caps because I see Laila posted right after this message) DUMB little movie once. The ignore list provides for a great solution for removing these flaming leeches from my ass.

Fear of A Black Planet is the best PE record, I agree. I'm not so sure how unpopular that opinion is though, schizophrenicroom. Then again, a lot of people insist that It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back is the best one.

TOO FUNNY!

So, those on the old board know me & emma(blowgun, that is) are big bastro fans(I think I may have introduce them to her or someone). Anyways, me & emma have from time to time, referred to the band "The Sea and Cake" as "The 'C' in Cake"(the gastr del sol song on Crookt) just as a homage to gastr del sol.

So one day, atari 2600 tried to get "cute" by correcting me saying I didn't spell the band name correctly.

Atari 2600 had never heard of the band Gastr Del Sol and was not aware that The Sea and Cake got their name from a song.

Anyways, I "politely" corrected him, explaining that it was a song by a band called Gastr Del Sol.

Then he goes NUTZ! Starts accusing me of "baiting him into a fight"(which is strange considering he was not even on the thread to begin with), just went completely P-S-Y-C-H-O!

Strange strange kid.

Use that ignore function, scout!
Old 04.16.2006, 11:43 PM   #133
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
atari is god! didn't you know? we have been shunned by god
Old 04.16.2006, 11:49 PM   #134
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Man, it feels weird that it's not me who's going through ignore list drama.

chabib: get rid of the ignore function please, before we rip each others heads off. (not that that's physically possible)
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.16.2006, 11:50 PM   #135
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
i like it better this way. we dont' have to deal with atari being a dick everytime we disagree with him
Old 04.16.2006, 11:50 PM   #136
Laila
the end of the ugly

no no i don't think we should get rid of it. i think it's a good function cause it let's you see people's true colors, and let's you know the assholes from the other board members.

Atari is God!!!!! you must obey!!
Old 04.16.2006, 11:59 PM   #137
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Very true Laila. & to atari, please lighten up, just a tad.

I don't know why, but I think it has something to do w/ this new board.
People are all high & mighty lately. I never saw that on the old board.
On the old board, atari2600 seemed like a "laidback" kind of person, now he's ignoring people left & right.
Don't get me wrong, I do like atari, it's just that he's going way overboard w/ this ignore list thing.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.17.2006, 12:01 AM   #138
khchris(original)
100%

Atari 2600 is just a mixed up kid, that's all. I think his parents just went through a divorce and he was forced to live with his mother, which he hates.
Old 04.17.2006, 12:15 AM   #139
dietzer123
stalker

i guess we shoulda expected this sorta thing on the unpopular musical opinions thread. might as well have made a, nazis aren't THAT bad thread
Old 04.17.2006, 12:50 AM   #140
khchris(original)
100%

Well think of it like this:

we can publicly talk shit and make fun of atari 2600 and he wouldn't even know it!
57 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth