Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café VI
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.21.2017, 08:29 PM   #221
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
That is why he is sad.... sad ye. sad sad ye...

[Rob posted a meme to be a dick]

You say you're not making fun, but that's literally all you do when it comes to him. Knock it the fuck off. If he's mentally ill, or intellectually challenged, then you're a Fucking terrible human being for posting this shit.

Why do you spend so much time making collages and reading TMZ stories about this guy you hate? Knock it the fuck off Rob.

You're acting like a pussy. At least I admit Future's talented. I'm not putting all my free time into being a total fuckwad about Future. The only conclusion I can draw is that you have no respect for me or for anything that isn't precisely what you like. Well you can fuck off with that shit. This thread is about community.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2017, 09:08 PM   #222
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
You're probably being sarcastic but I really like Future's melodic shit and I've been waiting for this type of album from him for years.

What melodic shit? He only raps, according to Rob. (Rob's fucked in the head of course, because Future sings, and his sing-song delivery is what he's know for.)

I hope it's actually the kind of album you feel you've been waiting for. Doubt it will be.

Future's bangers are nice though, under the right circumstances. Do you think that be "R&B oriented" he means it will be a continuation of the Honest sound?
Old 02.22.2017, 06:34 AM   #223
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
What melodic shit? He only raps, according to Rob. (Rob's fucked in the head of course, because Future sings, and his sing-song delivery is what he's know for.)

I hope it's actually the kind of album you feel you've been waiting for. Doubt it will be.

Future's bangers are nice though, under the right circumstances. Do you think that be "R&B oriented" he means it will be a continuation of the Honest sound?
Yes bro, he just put the pre order up and the title is "HNDRXX". "Future Hendrix" was originally intended to be the sequel to "Honest".. Future said Honest was meant to serve as the bridge between "Pluto" and Future Hendrix because it had a mix of melodic songs and bangers (Pluto was already exactly that, but he was aware that most of his fans got into him because of "Same Damn Time" off Pluto). He said he wanted to get the fans prepared because Future Hendrix was supposed to be all melodic shit.

However Future was then blamed for "selling out" with Honest, the fans weren't happy with him making softer songs, so he made "Monster" and that was a success, as he found his niche with the trap audience. After that, he went through 2 years of recycling the Monster sound over and over again, with only a few glimpses of his melodic sound every now and then ("Rich $ex", "Throw Away", "Codeine Crazy", "Drippin", "When I Was Broke", etc).

So basically, I think he put out "FUTURE" just so he can drop "HNDRXX" without getting any backlash from fans. Make everyone happy.

Future's bangers are cool, but I'm mainly here for him because of his more introspective, softer, melodic side. "Turn on the Lights" was the song that made me a fan. Honestly (no pun intended) I gotta be in the mood for his pure bangers, and even then I prefer to take them in smaller doses.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2017, 06:46 AM   #224
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
I found out pepper_green got banned from the site (again).. what happened with him now?
Old 02.22.2017, 06:49 AM   #225
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
I am right. Check the transcripts. He never said, "Drake's music is overplayed." He may have implied it, insinuated it, etc., but he did not say those exact words.

Time will not tell. He's admitted to experiencing memory loss problems. So, that's already told. Time isn't going to tell you whether or not that YouTube clip was proof of him "not remembering what he said about Drake." I will tell you that, and am telling you that right now.

And that (probably) bearded Uproxx troll was, objectively, a taunting asshole.

You're acting weird about Kanye. Why are you entertaining this shit? You know it's not important. What's important is the guy has made music that had given you, by your own admission, more joy than any other artist of this generation. So why you feeding the trolls?

ETA: I'm having a REALLY shitty day/week/month at work, and the seat in my car decided to stop locking out of fucking nowhere today, as I was driving home with a my back and neck aflame. So I might be a little on edge.
I didn't think about my wording like that. It really wasn't that serious.

I get what you're saying though. Kanye probably implied that the Uproxx guy was trying to misinterpret his previous comments on Drake. And that guy most definitely is an annoying asshole.
Old 02.22.2017, 07:14 AM   #226
louder
invito al cielo

Future just called HNDRXX "the album he always wanted to make" and tagged The Weeknd and Rihanna. Okay.. EXCITING!
Old 02.22.2017, 07:35 AM   #227
louder
invito al cielo

Maybe there's gonna be a physical release of a DOUBLE disc titled "FUTURE/HNDRXX"?
Old 02.22.2017, 08:15 AM   #228
Severian
invito al cielo

I'd be all for an album more like Honest.
Old 02.22.2017, 08:34 AM   #229
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
I'd be all for an album more like Honest.
Some of the songs on that album were pretty innovative and futuristic.
Old 02.22.2017, 08:58 AM   #230
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Some of the songs on that album were pretty innovative and futuristic.

Well you know I love "I Won"

ETA: Speaking of that song, I wonder how that track fits into Rob's argument that Future doesn't sing. Rob, what do you call this exactly?
Old 02.22.2017, 09:00 AM   #231
louder
invito al cielo

So Chris Brown canceled the boxing match with Soulja Boy, and now his ex girlfriend Karrueche Tran revealed that he punched her more than once DURING his probation from Rihanna assault. He also threatened to kill her, and has been stalking and harassing her in real life and online for years.

He can beat up women all day, but he's afraid to get in the ring with a skinny guy with no martial arts or fighting experience whatsoever? So machoistic.
Old 02.22.2017, 09:11 AM   #232
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

I get what you're saying though. Kanye probably implied that the Uproxx guy was trying to misinterpret his previous comments on Drake. And that guy most definitely is an annoying asshole.

I can almost see him in my mind's eye. He has a beard and thick glasses that he doesn't need. Probably wearing checkered Keds or some shit.

Also, I don't know if the guy was actually from Uproxx. Probably not. Even Uproxx has some standards. That video wasn't even TMZ worthy.
Old 02.22.2017, 09:37 AM   #233
louder
invito al cielo

People overrate Chris Brown's talent. All those dancing moves got them tripping about his actual singing ability. His voice is annoying and he can't hit the notes like he used to back when he was 16. And even back then, he was no more than a glorified MJ impersonator act. The best song of his career, "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" could maybe qualify as a bottom tier MJ song.

As far as I recall, his last few successful radio hits ("Look at Me Now", "Loyal", "Ayo" and "Party") were all just generic mainstream hip hop.
Old 02.22.2017, 12:39 PM   #234
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
People overrate Chris Brown's talent. All those dancing moves got them tripping about his actual singing ability. His voice is annoying and he can't hit the notes like he used to back when he was 16. And even back then, he was no more than a glorified MJ impersonator act. The best song of his career, "Yo (Excuse Me Miss)" could maybe qualify as a bottom tier MJ song.

As far as I recall, his last few successful radio hits ("Look at Me Now", "Loyal", "Ayo" and "Party") were all just generic mainstream hip hop.

Correction: best song of Chris Brown's godforsaken career is "Waves."
I love that song, but I can't believe he was chosen for it over ... Jesus... Frank? Miguel? (Miguel would have been nice) ... Pretty much ANYONE other than Chris fucking Brown?

Fuck him. He's nothing. When you do that kind of shit over and over, you go into the Dr. Dre pile of irredeemable abusive fuckwits.

I guess I can give John Lennon a pass, because he was so publicly apologetic about it, and wrote an apology song to Cynthia ("Jealous Guy"). And he never hit Yoko, and became something of a rehabilitated man. But still... Cynthia wrote in her biography that even after the public and personal apologies, she still just totally fucking hated him. Died wishing she'd never met the man. It's important to remember that even the repentant domestic abusers still majorly fucked people's lives up with their actions. "Jealous Guy" is a great song, but a shitty limp-dicked apology, and Cynthia was right not to accept it.

I wish Rihanna hadn't "forgiven" Chris for his bullshit, and gone on to collaborate with him repeatedly in the future. That guy's career should have been over years ago. Fucking little bitch.

Not that a celebrity boxing match was a productive way to solve the problem.
Old 02.22.2017, 12:54 PM   #235
louder
invito al cielo

Oh man, "Waves" with Miguel would've been amazing! His voice is so much better than Chris Brown's!
Old 02.22.2017, 05:39 PM   #236
louder
invito al cielo

Let's take a moment to appreciate this INCREDIBLE performance by Alicia Keys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhxoC4iG2Wc
Old 02.22.2017, 06:44 PM   #237
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Oh man, "Waves" with Miguel would've been amazing! His voice is so much better than Chris Brown's!

I actually don't mind his voice in the song. It's the person I hate. And as much as I talk about the person not mattering much to the music, there are some exceptions.

Frank is a little mellow for such a belting performance, so I agree that Miguel would have killed it.

Shit, I would have taken, like, ANYONE over Chris Brown. Justin Vernon? Sure! Would have been a vastly different sounding song, but I could have lived with it. Kid Cudi? Yeah, ok! Sure! No he can't sing very well, but fuckit, maybe "Waves" should have been a gruff punky track. He'll, even Chris Martin! I love "Homecoming," because, y'know, I have ears and I'm not a bitchass hater, so sure... whatever. I mean I'm fine with how the song is, but it's probably my least listened to TLOP cut, simply because I can't hear that man-boy's voice without seeing Rihanna's swollen purple face.

Motherfucker.
Old 02.22.2017, 07:06 PM   #238
louder
invito al cielo

I actually agree that Chris was alright on the song. But Miguel could've done even better than him without changing the song too much.

Cudi's voice is mainly good for background humming or a short hook. Can't see him singing throughout a whole track.

But well, Kanye even made Adam Levine sound like an angel, so everything is possible.
Old 02.22.2017, 09:12 PM   #239
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
I actually agree that Chris was alright on the song. But Miguel could've done even better than him without changing the song too much.

Cudi's voice is mainly good for background humming or a short hook. Can't see him singing throughout a whole track.

But well, Kanye even made Adam Levine sound like an angel, so everything is possible.

Miguel's the ideal, for sure.
Old 02.22.2017, 09:14 PM   #240
Severian
invito al cielo

Where's NR?

That rapper/singer/lounge act he liked from his cameo on Luke Cage just released his first (I think?) album.

Jidenna - Hail to the Chief
91011 12 13141522 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth