Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page SY live 10/04/06 @ agnes b. birthday festival
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.06.2006, 08:15 AM   #1
Flow my Tears
little trouble girl

Flow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the rough
I didn't see any topic about that, but SY played a mini-set 2 days ago at the Olympia, Paris, to celebrate the 30 years birthday of the french fashion desiger agnes b. There was around 10 bands playing around 20 minutes each one for that occasion, and SY played as the last band. The setlist was : Candle, Incinerate, Reena, Skip Tracer & Jams run free
Old 10.06.2006, 09:02 AM   #2
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I guess this must be the secret private gig in Paris that was referred to a few weeks back. Excellent set list.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2006, 09:08 AM   #3
sonik death
bad moon rising

sonik death has much to be proud ofsonik death has much to be proud ofsonik death has much to be proud ofsonik death has much to be proud ofsonik death has much to be proud ofsonik death has much to be proud ofsonik death has much to be proud ofsonik death has much to be proud ofsonik death has much to be proud of
fuckin fashion whores!
Old 10.06.2006, 09:28 AM   #4
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Who else played?
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2006, 10:56 AM   #5
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
wow.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2006, 11:54 AM   #6
Flow my Tears
little trouble girl

Flow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the roughFlow my Tears is a jewel in the rough
there were splitt, placebo, pony hoax, archie bronson outfit, the virgins, patti smith,& french musicians jean Louis Aubert, Raphael and the french band Hushpuppies, and SY of course. Sy played around 2 a.m, lot of people were already gone at this hours, only a few people was here for the SY mini-set
Old 10.06.2006, 12:06 PM   #7
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
oh yes, lee mentioned this in amsterdam last month. he even mentioned the name and i thought i had just forgotten who it was, but it turns out it's actually someone i've never heard of... but then again fashion isn't really my speciality.

anyway happy birthday agnes b, hope you had a good one.
were you one of the lucky attendees, flow my tears?
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2006, 05:45 PM   #8
Flow my Tears
little trouble girl

Yes, i was at this show (lucky me), and i forgot to mention Suicide amongst the bands who played that night ^^
Here some pics of their set :

the whole show has been video-recorded, maybe it will be broadcast on tv...
Old 10.08.2006, 09:07 AM   #9
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for the pictures.
someday i'll have sonic youth playing at my birthday too.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth