Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Heavy Metal makes you clever!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.21.2007, 08:12 PM   #21
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
it does, actually; it means you don't know artists that are inspired by metal, artists = smart people.

krusty: have you noticed there are two phone books, one white and one yellow; what's up with that, uh?

lisa: one's residential, the other is business.

krusty: i see i see. well, what are they going to think next, blue pages?

marge: there already is, it's for government listings.

what do you mean by artist? Because the thread you quoted was about something to do with the Turner prize, and Id love to not be a philistine, but its just so fucking easy.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.21.2007, 09:34 PM   #23
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Well, that put me in my place. I must be a fucking idiot if i dont know the same niches of the Modern Art scene as you. I hope this serves as a fine anecdote at a dinner party for you. Or perhaps a webchat.
Old 03.21.2007, 09:52 PM   #24
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i have to go, but before i do i can answer another question from the crowd...

i was not trying to "impress" you about my knowledge of modern art, i just wanted to share with you something you might find relevant.

i think you are an idiot because you think you are so cool by assuming that people who like metal are stupid morons and that it's just a curious tidbit of news that some smart people from the link you posted for which you started the thread like metal, like if it's something freaky and to make fun of.

i just pointed out that it's not an isolated phenomenon.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.22.2007, 04:35 AM   #25
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Ok then, i think im so cool, yes youve got me. I said nothing about people who like metal being stupid, if that was implied as being what i started this thread about then youve got the wrong end of the stick. It was a story about how lots of very intelligent YOUNG KIDS like heavy metal, which i thought was unusual as oppose to the usual "listening to classical music since i was in the womb" image you get of genius kids. I said nothing about heavy metal fans in general. Youre just taking things the wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
it does, actually; it means you don't know artists that are inspired by metal, artists = smart people.

This however i took as you saying me = stupid hence I felt i should reply.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth