Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the democratic primaries
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.14.2020, 06:57 PM   #61
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
This is it, people. Irony is dead.

And I thought irony was alive and well......

Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2020, 07:37 PM   #62
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so beauregard has extended his mental litterbox into this thread too? lol

ANYWAY.

trump surrogates like lung limbaugh have started the shit now about pete buttigieg.

“is america ready to see a gay man as president?” sort of shit

YES. YES WE ARE READY. NOW KINDLY FUCK OFF.

he’s not my preferred candidate in the primaries, but any of the current democrats is better than the traitor in chief presently in office, who is intent of wrecking everything in order to prop up his demented ego

anyway, please continue with the regular programming
interesting to see the dialogue which is cropping up now re: buttigieg being a ‘gay’ candidate totally bereft of queerness. like he’s a gay man who upholds every tenet of heteronormativity, yet uses the ‘gay’ tag as a means of Trojan-horsing relative conservatism.

tldr buttigieg is a rat

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2020, 07:38 PM   #63
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
/bytey sod off, keep it in the maga chud thread

Old 02.15.2020, 08:17 AM   #64
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Democratic Candidates Klobuchar & Steyer Unable To Name The President Of Mexico During A Telemundo Interview
Old 02.15.2020, 08:24 AM   #65
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
said “kansas city, kansas” fan with the self-drawn hurricane map

all of these people, regardless of their limitations, operate at a much higher standard than your beloved dotard and your kkk brethren.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2020, 12:44 PM   #66
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
interesting to see the dialogue which is cropping up now re: buttigieg being a ‘gay’ candidate totally bereft of queerness. like he’s a gay man who upholds every tenet of heteronormativity, yet uses the ‘gay’ tag as a means of Trojan-horsing relative conservatism.

tldr buttigieg is a rat
Yep.

He came 3rd with LGBT people in Iowa, Bernie came in first with 42% or something. Clearly the queer community can spot a fraud.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2020, 12:45 PM   #67
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
And I thought irony was alive and well......

I saw this on a Cursed Boomer Memes twitter account lol
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2020, 02:45 PM   #68
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
This is it, people. Irony is dead.

Oh the irony

20-PETE-20
She’s A Black Magic Woman And She’s Trying To Make A Devil Out Of Me

And Mayor Pete Banger
Old 02.15.2020, 03:51 PM   #69
MisterTrick
little trouble girl

MisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's assesMisterTrick kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Yep.

He came 3rd with LGBT people in Iowa, Bernie came in first with 42% or something. Clearly the queer community can spot a fraud.
At the same time you have a number of Bernie-Bros using homophobic language and insinuation on line towards Buttigieg (Michael Moore went on MSNBC and did a limp-wrist taught towards him as well)

The Queer community is very diverse, and many aren't as comfortable with being pigeoned holes into become a walking stereotype of what it is like to be Queer, be it Fae, Bear, Femme, Butch and everything in-between
MisterTrick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2020, 05:22 PM   #70
the end of the ugly

mmm but it’s that his queerness is ostensibly meaningless? understand why he might choose to conceal it but again his conservatism/general demeanor speaks to a life in which he’s just a homosexual but it hasn’t shaped him far beyond that? again though that might just be PR, but to me there’s something off about a dude who’s gay who really does not speak to minorities, which is why I would assume people are reaching out to bernie

Old 02.15.2020, 05:41 PM   #71
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
mmm but it’s that his queerness is ostensibly meaningless? understand why he might choose to conceal it but again his conservatism/general demeanor speaks to a life in which he’s just a homosexual but it hasn’t shaped him far beyond that? again though that might just be PR, but to me there’s something off about a dude who’s gay who really does not speak to minorities, which is why I would assume people are reaching out to bernie
what do you mean “conceal his queerness”? and how do you arrive to the outlandish judgement that “it hasn’t shaped him”?

sounds like a bunch of malicious speculation to me

“well he’s gay but he’s not really gay”

c’mon.... you know better than to pursue this line
Old 02.15.2020, 09:05 PM   #72
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Mike is smoooooooooth

just a spoonful of sugar fish drink......

Old 02.15.2020, 10:58 PM   #73
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!

Go back to the Trump flogging thread, stay out of the democrat flogging thread.
Old 02.16.2020, 01:35 AM   #74
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what do you mean “conceal his queerness”? and how do you arrive to the outlandish judgement that “it hasn’t shaped him”?

sounds like a bunch of malicious speculation to me

“well he’s gay but he’s not really gay”

c’mon.... you know better than to pursue this line
I mean in accessorising his homosexuality but also hewing close to almost every tenet of heteronormativity, will qualify that it’s a reach/based on assumption as to the image he’s presenting (as I said) but I find it disconcerting for someone to piggyback off their minority status (“I’m the gay mayor!”) yet totally eschew that perspective in formulating policy. a notional ‘gay candidate’ to me would Ideally entail someone upending traditional political leadership just in actually embodying an intersectional position rather than simply maintaining the status quo.

what I’m saying is he uses queerness as an identity demarcation when in actuality he’s the ‘straightest’ candidate of all

Old 02.16.2020, 08:33 AM   #75
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
I mean in accessorising his homosexuality but also hewing close to almost every tenet of heteronormativity, will qualify that it’s a reach/based on assumption as to the image he’s presenting (as I said) but I find it disconcerting for someone to piggyback off their minority status (“I’m the gay mayor!”) yet totally eschew that perspective in formulating policy. a notional ‘gay candidate’ to me would Ideally entail someone upending traditional political leadership just in actually embodying an intersectional position rather than simply maintaining the status quo.

what I’m saying is he uses queerness as an identity demarcation when in actuality he’s the ‘straightest’ candidate of all
i know what you said the first time, this is just the same problematic judgment recoded in theoryspeak.

“if gay therefore intersectional, else not real gay, per me”

how about

“if black therefore good dancer, else not black” per you?

[eta: black girl who can’t dance: https://www.bustle.com/articles/7149...ite-girls-with ]

i mean, the guy is a child of two academics, high school valedictorian, harvard graduate, rhodes scholar, management consultant, navy intelligence officer, precocious politician, episcopalian convert...

...and you get to decide that because he’s gay he must think and behave in a stereotypical way that you’ve predetermined?

ETA: i should add an explanation of my perspective, having lived in dc, which is a government town and also a bit of a gay mecca, where one gets to meet a lot of socially conservative, traditionalist gay people. a lot of suits and ties and serious business.

a myriad gay professionals work in the federal bureaucracy, all branches of the armed forces, congress, the white house, the courts, nonprofits, lobbies, law firms, city government, etc. it’s a “boring” town—the city population is very liberal, but not a radical one. government workers are concerned with running the government well, not overthrowing it. in fact i had a gay neighbor who worked in the state department, very patriotic guy, who once gave me a talking-to about the dangers of radicalism.

i also had this gay coworker, young, catholic, was heavily into social policy (we worked in an advocacy group), looked very clean-cut, always in a suit, was an athlete, sang in a choir, lived with an older man from the political aristocracy, and was very much a democrat, who came to my office and heard the sonic youth tape i was playing and asked me why i was “listening to that garbage”

anyway, yeah, pete is gay and a presidential candidate and fucking brilliant and a practical guy. he also plays guitar with bands and the piano with the symphony—just nothing very avant-garde. get used to it.
Old 02.16.2020, 02:39 PM   #76
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

THERE’S NO POINT IN FIGHTING
Democratic candidates are wasting their time — and hurting their chances — bickering over policies they’ll never get to implement.

By Julia Ioffe
FEBRUARY 14, 2020

It was a sight to behold: a former vice president, two senators and a former mayor on a stage in New Hampshire a week ago, arguing over the impossible. Would Sen. Bernie Sanders deliver Medicare-for-all immediately, as he promised to do? Would doing so double the federal budget, as former vice president Joe Biden countered? Should they maybe go with Medicare-for-all-who-want-it, as former mayor Pete Buttigieg suggested? It didn’t exactly roll off the tongue, but he has said it would put the United States on a “glide path” to something he called “a Medicare-for-all environment.” And what of the fact, raised by Sen. Amy Klobuchar, that Buttigieg tweeted a pledge two years ago to “indubitably” support Medicare-for-all?

Given what actually happens in the nation’s capital these days, the men and women on the stage may as well have been arguing over the price of unicorn at the local market and how they’d cook it. Set against the current political backdrop, the elaborate policy debates among the candidates seeking the Democratic nomination (Will college be free for everyone, or for everyone but the rich kids? Would a tax on wealth over $50 million be a flat tax or a progressive tax?) feel increasingly delusional.

It’s not just because President Trump, an incumbent in a strong economy, stands a good chance of winning a second term. Even if one of the Democratic candidates were to beat him in November, they would become president, not emperor. As such, they’d have to deal with the Senate, an institution where fast and sweeping legislation is difficult to pass in any scenario, to say nothing of one dominated by Republican Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Using tactics that push the limits of what’s acceptable, he has transformed the chamber from the “cooling saucer” the framers envisioned to a Sub-Zero freezer, a place where 300 bills passed by House Democrats don’t even merit debate, let alone votes, even with the insurance policy of Trump’s veto.

It’s healthy to debate policy, but Democrats aren’t doing it in a vacuum. Research shows that contentious primaries hamper a party’s performance in the general election. Candidates are bickering about blue-sky proposals — with Sanders supporters destroying backsliders, Biden invoking segregationists to insist that legislative compromise works and Buttigieg going after Biden for his vote to invade Iraq 17 years ago — but they’re having a semantic argument. The stalemate moots their differences. The next Democratic president will be lucky to seat a Supreme Court nominee. In a climate of such vicious and total partisan obstruction, the only real issue is electability.

continues here (cookie-regulated paywall)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...ll-never-pass/

Julia Ioffe a correspondent for GQ magazine, is at work on a book about Russia.
Old 02.16.2020, 03:22 PM   #77
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
https://www.thedailybeast.com/yes-be...-for-democrats
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2020, 04:18 PM   #78
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

pete buttigieg goes on fox news and gracefully disembowels terminal case rush limbaugh

https://mobile.twitter.com/FoxNewsSu...61854678396928
Old 02.16.2020, 11:52 PM   #79
the end of the ugly

symbols please correct me if I'm wrong but you're a heterosexual male so I can get if you don't understand what I'm driving at (and also don't proclaim that you do because it's really not your position to talk out of your arse on this one).

I'm not saying that he has to get up there and twerk to ariana fucking grande, I'm saying that in a perfect world queer people like myself (and for that matter every queer person I know) would at least hope that ideally the first instance of a gay candidate would in some way represent the divergent interests of queer people rather than accessorising his homosexuality while foregoing/ignoring the myriad difficulties that arise therein.

I understand that it's a stepping stone but his approach in appeasing vested interests directly contravenes the wellbeing of queer people who in a majority are marginalised by this system. I'd have no problem if he was just sucking dick behind closed doors and leaving it at that, but for him to proclaim himself a 'gay presidential candidate' should entail him actually respecting the interests of those for whom he considers himself a bastion.

it's really not your place to lecture others on those who they see fit to represent them and their interests, and I think as much is abundantly clear in the skewing of non-heterosexual voters towards sanders.

Old 02.17.2020, 08:35 AM   #80
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

i may not be gay but i can see you maligning him and accusing him of being inauthentic in order to advance your particular ideology. that just requires basic reading comprehension.

that’s the problem with a lot of bernie supporters and one of the reasons his candidacy risks failing to expand his base beyond the true believers: all the fucking nastiness they generate towards the other candidates alienates potential supporters in the general election.

Quote:
it's really not your place to lecture others on those who they see fit to represent them and their interests
ah! since you’ve gone there with the “it’s a gay thing, you wouldn’t understand,” then please correct me if i’m wrong but don’t you live at the other end of the earth and couldn’t give 2 fucks about four more years of trump if your preferred foreign leader fails to win? some of us vote and have a lot to lose in the next election. you don’t, therefore it’s not your place to lecture others, etc., per your own rhetoric?

anyway, back to buttigieg: he never presented himself as “the gay candidate, or “the president of gays”. that’s never been his calling card, and it’s not the point of his candidacy, but it makes for a nice straw man for you to attack.

he’s running for president of all americans, and he presents himself always as a millennial. yes, he’s gay, and he’s looking for lgbtq support as someone who wants to expand inclusiveness, but he’s inclusive and not running on a zealot platform. he’s also a christian, wants christian support, he’s also a navy veteran and has a group “veterans for pete,” etc. you get the idea.

also, he only came out as gay in opposition to pence’s religious bigotry law in his state. so, again, his sexual preference has never been his calling card, but he will stand up for it.

while he’s not my number one candidate (i’ll support any of the current nominees in a ranked choice order) this conversation is making me like him more because i can see the obstacles he’s facing.

again, i support any of the current nominees because this is not some intellectual abstraction for me. i actually have skin in the game and don’t appreciate the fact that the mutual destruction of democratic candidates only helps the enemy.

now if you truly care about bernie’s chances please consider stopping the stereotypical berniebro shit-flinging and listen to your candidate. he opened the last debate with a statement along the lines of “we’re going to fully support whoever wins this damn thing.” so please act like you would, rather than insist on poisoning the well.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth