Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Ride do Soundtrack For Sonic Youth Special
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.07.2010, 03:52 PM   #1
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
So I was surfing through youtube yesterday for ride (one of my favorite alternative bands) and stumbled upon this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SdQ_41EtAA

The description for it says:
On 16 October 2001, all four members of Ride agreed to be filmed by Channel 4. The footage was used for the show Pioneers, a documentary on Sonic Youth, and featured a thirty minute improvised jam. The recording of this song, plus two short sound checks, were released in 2002 as Coming up for Air.

This is a fantastic song in the old style of ride around 91-92 and makes sense for them providing a soundtrack to one of their huge influences. Has anyone seen this Pioneers documentary though?
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2010, 05:15 PM   #2
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
just googled pioneers channel 5 sonic youth and apart from a blog saying it was shit i saw this thread!
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth