Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Fact: Dane Cook is NOT funny
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.22.2007, 04:05 PM   #41
timtimtim
children of satan

timtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud oftimtimtim has much to be proud of
yeah, Dane Cook sucks.
Neil Hamburger is by far my favorite comedian
timtimtim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2007, 06:31 PM   #42
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Back when I was about 15 (5.5 yrs ago) I saw Dane Coo on Comedy Central. I thought he was pretty funny. He was really energetic and had some decnt jokes. Some time went by and every so often he would be on CC again and the same show would be aired. A couple of years ago I bought "Retaliation". I thought it was pretty funny. It made me laugh my ass off the FIRST time I heard it. However, on subsequent listens, I just didnt find it funny anymore.

I was able to listen to a lot of comedy albums over and over again (Lenny Bruce, Monty Python, George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Bill Cosby, Mitch Hedberg, David Cross, etc.) without ever feeling tired of them. I soon noticed after Retaliation came out, Coom started pooping up all over the place; TV interviews, magazines, movies (he is an awful actor), and two of his very own tv series!!!! I quikly became disgusted and turned off by his overexposure and sellout tactics. He is just not that funny!!!! There are sooo many other comedians who have worked harder, came up with more original jokes, have better deliveries and personalities and just deserve it more. Dane Cook's style of comedy is pretty brainless. You don't need a deep thought process to laugh at a DC joke. He says everything the exact same way, over-stressed annunciation and way too much energy. He's like a drunken frat boy who thinks he's the life of the party but is really just embarrassing himself in front of people much smarter and self-respecting than he is.

Dane Cook is funny the first couple of times you hear him. After that, you realize that he is just another media-whore who will sell out every last shred of credibility for attention. It also takes him forever to come up with new material. He relied on retaliation for like 3 years before he started coming up with just a couple of new jokes to add into his overpriced shows. Fuck Dane Cook. He just doesn't deserve it. Same goes for Larry the Cable Guy. It's retarded humor.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2007, 06:40 PM   #43
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I like david cross better

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.22.2007, 06:44 PM   #44
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
I like david cross better

Me too. Shut Up You Fucking Baby! was soooooo much funnier than anything Dane Cook has ever done and will ever do.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth