Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Just got back from city where I was beaten up & mugged
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.05.2008, 09:21 AM   #1
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah - no shit.

I wasn't planning to go out tonight, but my friend rang and wanted to catch-up. We met up near Flinders St. Station (our main train station here in Melbourne) and went across the road to check out some art installation festival. My friend asked if I had rolled a joint and luckily for him, I had.

We walked across to this park and found a dark, secluded spot to smoke the thing. We had just finished it when this group of about 8-9 wired-up teens show up and ask for some dope. We tell them that we've just finished it and don't have any more so they ask for ciggies. My mate gave them a couple and we start to walk off but they're following us asking for a light. One of them started pushing me and that's when it hit that we were in trouble.

We both turned to run and my friend got away but I ran straight into a park bench where three of them surrounded me and pinned me down on the bench. One of them had me in a choke hold while the other two start demanding my wallet and going through my pockets while laying a few punches and kicks on me here and there. They got my wallet, crappy mobile phone and my cigarettes before one of them tells me that:

"Don't you think of going to the cops, coz I'll find you. Don't fuck with us - we're like fucking marines.."

They let me go at that point and I ran like hell towards a main road. That was the end of it and I made it to safety - without any money, ID, phone (or fags) - and then I realised I'd left my bag behind which had a fairly funky digital camera in it.

Long story short - I went to the cop shop and reported it. My mate turned up later but he was okay and my bag turned up as well (minus the funky camera).

So I'm back home now. I feel calm but anxious. It's weird being just another statistic in the big city....
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 09:29 AM   #2
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
LITTLE SHITS.

come to the countryside; we're safe here.
take care!
Old 10.05.2008, 09:32 AM   #3
al shabbray

beaten up sucks, espeially if you got number-wise no damn chance.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 10:30 AM   #4
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
yr buddy ran?!?! what the fuck?!?!? that's some bullshit. i'd be the shit out of a "friend" if they ran like a bitch. and not too sound like a dick dude, but why didn't you fight back? they were only teenagers right? and they didn't have no weapons or anything right? just saying. glad yr ok though.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 10:32 AM   #5
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
All teenagers are armed and dangerous.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 10:35 AM   #6
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by o'connor
yr buddy ran?!?! what the fuck?!?!? that's some bullshit. i'd be the shit out of a "friend" if they ran like a bitch. and not too sound like a dick dude, but why didn't you fight back? they were only teenagers right? and they didn't have no weapons or anything right? just saying. glad yr ok though.

true words.

when I got beaten up the last time a friend of mine was in trouble and I could have get away, but I turned round and punched one of the 7 (man-like) guys straight in the face, so there were "only" 6 left, 3 for me and 3 for him. they trashed us completely those bastards
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 11:21 AM   #7
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Himself
All teenagers are armed and dangerous.

that's humurous and all, but i was actually being serious.

Old 10.05.2008, 11:29 AM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
oh man it sucks. sorry. apply ice packs as needed.

Quote:

they had just gotten stoned if i understood the story correctly.

stoned kungfu = no good
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 12:04 PM   #9
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
This thread is probably how they will "find you".
Old 10.05.2008, 12:04 PM   #10
al shabbray

^^^^
hahahahaha
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 01:19 PM   #11
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Horrible that the place you felt you had to go and smoke was the very type of place where they felt they could attack you.

I've been in situations like this both when I had a friend or friends with me and also when I have been all alone by myself. And I've successfully diffused them all. Unless they are waving a gun or knife then I'm not going to even think about what I do to them. Just think of it as "helping" them as you put one on the ground and then bloody his face badly so that the rest lose morale really quickly. But be sure not to let yourself get jumped from behind. It doesn't take a lot of adrenalized force, it just takes calm, precise movements and leverage.

Of course, when I was younger and had speedy legs and good lung power I would just have ran away.

I can give everyone the advice to carry the most powerful pepper spray you can get and when you feel like something like this may be going down take it and your cellphone out and just try and maintain a distance of beyond arm's reach of any potential attackers. If they are sweating heavily or have crazy eyes with dilated pupils, then don't bother with pepper spray though, because it isn't going to do anything to them. In that case you should always run at your first opportunity, and never taunt them, and chances are they won't feel like running after you.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 02:20 PM   #12
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I always dreamed of getting jumped by a gang then kicking ass on all of them by my self. Hmm, maybe some day.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 04:54 PM   #13
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
what were your bodyguards doing when all this was going down?
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 04:56 PM   #14
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
that's humurous and all, but i was actually being serious.

So was I.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2008, 05:34 PM   #15
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses

"I know these streets like I know my dick
I can tell you who the nigga is that's about to get jacked
And the nigga that pulled the lick
I got this bitch on lock
999,999 plus a dollar in a safe deposit box.."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 12:29 AM   #16
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
they had just gotten stoned if i understood the story correctly.

stoned kungfu = no good

you kidding me? that's the best time to fight. if you get hit you ain't gonna feel shit. maybe it's just me though. i'm not one of those smokers that gets all slow and lazy & shit.

Old 10.06.2008, 12:43 AM   #17
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I've been robbed at gunpoint before. Being robbed by force sucks really bad.

But personally, if some teens without knives or guns were trying to rob me, I'd fight back like a mad man and try to bolt.

But then again I'm 6'4" and could probably take a few guys with ease.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 03:31 AM   #18
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
The only people who ever robbed me were cops. "Giving me a fine" is what they called it.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 08:37 AM   #19
Johnny "Magic Fingers"
children of satan

Johnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's assesJohnny "Magic Fingers" kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie
The only people who ever robbed me were cops. "Giving me a fine" is what they called it.

Well yeah... cops. When I reported what happened, the first thing I wanted was a glass of water because my mouth was really dry. That took a fucking half hour and then the cop who took my statement and typed it up lacked basic grammar. No help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse
This thread is probably how they will "find you".

No fucking way!! I'm not buying into any bullshit that these cunts were some kind of angsty post-punk kids lashing out against a fucked-up society that has given them no hope for the future (or whatever)...

They wouldn't have the slightest idea of what a Sonic Youth is. If this were a thread in a Nickleback forum, then maybe....

Having said that, I do realise that you can find a fuckwit anywhere - even at a Sonic Youth show..
Johnny "Magic Fingers" is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2008, 11:44 AM   #20
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkeherrie

always be alert always beware always lookin over your shoulder, always be alert of the rollers, when your sittin back in scraper sippen saint ives or king cobra.."

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth