Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Al Gore movie
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.25.2006, 10:38 AM   #1
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
I heard it opened recently. does anyone know how widely available it will be in the theaters or have any info,or thoughts, on it? i looked around and couldn't find much.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.31.2006, 11:18 PM   #2
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
i never heard of the movie. i just know he said this

"I invented the internet!"
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 12:48 AM   #3
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
i never heard of the movie. i just know he said this

"I invented the internet!"

well, the movie's not about Al Gore, per se, or the internet. It's coming out in my area on Friday, the greater NY Metropolitan area. I'm psyched to see it and hear it's really good. I love this Al Gore buzz right now.

Old 06.01.2006, 12:51 AM   #4
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
Whats the movie about?
Old 06.01.2006, 12:55 AM   #5
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellouteater
Whats the movie about?
Things your President doesn't believe in.
Old 06.01.2006, 01:30 AM   #6
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=243 832
Old 06.01.2006, 02:19 AM   #7
ozZuB-ginK
little trouble girl

ozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to behold
yea i've been seeing a lot about this too and i really want to see this as well. If only Gore could've been our prez *sigh*
Old 06.01.2006, 02:54 AM   #8
khchris
little trouble girl

khchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud of
Because of the pointless theme, I'm not going to see it.

global warning....slobal swarning

Al Gore should make a film on how much we Americans complain!!
khchris is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 07:22 AM   #9
ricechex
the destroyed room

Gotta admit America is way behind the rest of the world in terms of recognizing the damage done by global warrming thus far. i.e. saying it's a "pointless" theme. Some say it doesn't even exist. But the evidence is overwhelming that global warming, whatever its cause, is doing significant damage. Scientists all over the world r saying it, officially, in reports etc., and America is the leader in terms of pollution and contributing to its effects. environmental concerns are a somewhat dry topic, but very important nonetheless.

Old 06.01.2006, 07:36 AM   #10
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
all i can think of when i hear the name al gore is the pmrc, i know it was his wife but it still reminds me.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.01.2006, 03:01 PM   #11
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechex
Gotta admit America is way behind the rest of the world in terms of recognizing the damage done by global warrming thus far. i.e. saying it's a "pointless" theme. Some say it doesn't even exist. But the evidence is overwhelming that global warming, whatever its cause, is doing significant damage. Scientists all over the world r saying it, officially, in reports etc., and America is the leader in terms of pollution and contributing to its effects. environmental concerns are a somewhat dry topic, but very important nonetheless.
That's true, but I think most Americans know that it is a serious and very real problem....it's much more the government that acts like it's not a problem. They of course don't talk about it so yes, some people that ignore what is happening outside of their own little life in their own little town have no clue to what's really going on. I mean I read about this shit (including our eventual need for an alternative source of fuel) in my Weekly Reader in 1987 when I was in first grade. I don't know, saving the planet before things get out of hand sounds like a pretty cool idea to me.
Old 06.01.2006, 03:49 PM   #12
ricechex
the destroyed room

yeah, i hear that. alot of blame goes to the administration for not taking it seriously enough. The administration has an almost knee jerk reaction to do the opposite of common sense.

gonna see the Inconveniant Truth tommorrow and i'll provide a little movie review.

Old 06.01.2006, 11:53 PM   #13
ozZuB-ginK
little trouble girl

ozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to beholdozZuB-ginK is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris
Because of the pointless theme, I'm not going to see it.

global warning....slobal swarning

Al Gore should make a film on how much we Americans complain!!

yea y're right, it's pointless to care about the ONE planet we have and taking care of it. what a lameo that al gore is

Old 06.02.2006, 11:39 PM   #14
ricechex
the destroyed room

Ok, fresh off of an Inconveniant Truth showing. Good movie. a solid B+. Al Gore is extremely knowledgable and has quite the passion for the subject; and that's an understatement. Tons of graphs and hard data culled from his speeches about global warming all over the world. He's delivered over a thousand. The evidence is overwhelming, but if one thinks along this great political divide,and doesn't have an interest in it ,and blows it off b/c it's Al Gore, they're basically saying global warming doesn't exist. That's why this movie was effective. it wasn't political, just informational. Ok, there r a few light jabs peppered in here and there, (heehee), but overall, very little. anyways, the visuals are fantastic. Huge ass glaciers falling into the sea, earth progressions displayed on land through its life cycle. the impact of global warming reported on so many levels. animals, ocean levels, tempature, natural disasters, power and electricity etc. quick, simple, effective fact i learned about global warming: in 650,000 years, the most we can go back to with regard to recording c02, the levels of Co2 have risen relative to temps. little cowinkydink. they match up and spike so well it's like a puzzle fitting together. I wanted to know some actual data and it's all here. good flick, i enjoyed it. perhaps a little slow, b/c u feel like you're in class at times. and by the time it's over you'll believe Al Gore is the chosen one to save the fucking earth! but it's all good.

Old 06.22.2006, 11:29 PM   #15
krastian
invito al cielo

Earth hottest it's been in 2,000 years
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060623/...global_warming
Old 06.22.2006, 11:34 PM   #16
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know, I'm a bit apathetic towards the whole global warming thing. I mean is it actually something that can be prevented from ever happening, or just something that can be held off? Cause if it's just to hold it off, technically that would be causing more people to suffer when it does happen, due to population increase.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2006, 12:49 AM   #17
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
President Bush should be bitch-slapped by Captain Planet.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.23.2006, 12:55 AM   #18
krastian
invito al cielo

Ha ha....repped fo sho.
Old 06.23.2006, 01:08 AM   #19
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I hear there is a clip of Futurama in that movie...

"Peace out, Y'all!"

"Crimes of the Hot"
Episode 8 of Season 4
Old 06.23.2006, 01:09 AM   #20
Infinite Spark
little trouble girl

Infinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's assesInfinite Spark kicks all y'all's asses
watch out for Al Gore, man, he's Cereal!
Infinite Spark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth