Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Is Trump really a serious contender for the Republican nomination?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.09.2016, 07:24 PM   #481
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
sure that is part of it, but the pie has still been split more equitably since the 1960s so that in general white people have less and not white people have more than they did but still overall no where near as much as white people.

that is part of it. look, i totally get what you are saying. but the reality is we still live in a racialized American economy where opportunity is predominantly defined by race, period.

bringing up the other geopolitical stuff is part of the equation no doubt, but racism remains the driving factor.

trust me, i am letting you in on some white people secrets that they will never say to your face or in your company

You make some really good points, and discrimination is something we all witness on a daily basis, so i'm not going to pretend that doesn't exist.

But i'll suggest that the elites encourage this racialization--it's not just "the people". I mean, i've never been to a country so obsessed with "race."

Like, one day I call the cops to report an erratic truck driver and instead of asking me to describe the truck in more detail the cop asks "what's the race of the driver". I'm like "I don't know, he has brown skin but I couldn't tell you." The cop keeps asking for "race." Could have been a Mexican or a Pakistani and I couldn't tell you though, much less what "race" that was. There's no "Pakistani" race is there? Fucking idiots asking for idiot concepts, codifying an idiot world.

Race is part of the official discourse here. It's perpetuated by the state. Even in the name of promoting equality, it perpetuates the division and delusion instead of teaching people to look at their common humanity. It pisses me off to no end. TO NO FUCKING END.

This is why a white cop will shoot a black man who is flat on the floor with his hands up. "I don't know" says the cop. Because what he sees is not a human-- he sees a "race" that is not his own. That is what the state perpetuates with their little fucking checkboxes. You're this-- not that.

But anyway, humans are like rats-- when they starve they eat each other. So it's a little like that with the destruction of the working class. People get tribal and fight each other. Which is great for the ruling classes. "Keep them occupied and away from us."
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2016, 07:31 PM   #482
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
You make some really good points, and discrimination is something we all witness on a daily basis, so i'm not going to pretend that doesn't exist.

But i'll suggest that the elites encourage this racialization--it's not just "the people". I mean, i've never been to a country so obsessed with "race."

I don't disagree with this, but in the American experience race is so important and common because it has been structurally embedded into every aspect of our lives because of systematic racism. As we spend the years dissassembling the racist super structure, (ala The Pyramid by Octavio Paz) we inherently have to come to terms with it all hence why in popular discourse, conversation, and imagination race (for better or worse) has such a prominent role.

Quote:

Like, one day I call the cops to report an erratic truck driver and instead of asking me to describe the truck in more detail the cop asks "what's the race of the driver".

That is different, that was for the police to have a visual description so they know what to look for. Though in truth its also racist, subconsciously to the police can know how to react. If its whites, use the kid gloves, it not, bring the brutality.

Quote:

Race is part of the official discourse here. It's perpetuated by the state. Even in the name of promoting equality, it perpetuates the division and delusion instead of teaching people to look at their common humanity. It pisses me off to no end. TO NO FUCKING END.

yes but that is the state using the reality that race has become so embedded in the societal experience that the state uses race to manipulate people for political agendas.

I for one would love to live in a "truly post-racial society" but before we can ever get there we have to continue to have open and frequent discussion precisely ABOUT race so we can untangle the Gordian Knot and finally be free.

Then we can live with racial identification as a net POSITIVE, as a way to better understand each other rather than divide.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2016, 07:54 PM   #483
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i don't know man, i want to live in the "post" already.

i don't have the patience to wait for the morons to catch up with reality.

this is why i live in the woods. fucking people!
Old 08.09.2016, 08:39 PM   #484
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i don't know man, i want to live in the "post" already.

i don't have the patience to wait for the morons to catch up with reality.

Hey i totally know what you mean but reality is we have to do the heavy lifting to bring people to that mindset, and we have to unpack centuries of psychological and historical baggage to do it. again Octavio Paz and all..

Quote:
this is why i live in the woods. fucking people!

careful now, this is frequently where some of the worst of the worst like to hide

Old 08.09.2016, 10:53 PM   #485
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Hey i totally know what you mean but reality is we have to do the heavy lifting to bring people to that mindset, and we have to unpack centuries of psychological and historical baggage to do it. again Octavio Paz and all..

careful now, this is frequently where some of the worst of the worst like to hide

das racist, man

(i live with the injuns)
Old 08.09.2016, 11:16 PM   #486
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
das racist, man

haha what can i say know my people

Quote:

(i live with the injuns)

smart plan, I am literally jealous

Old 08.10.2016, 08:05 AM   #487
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Does anyone personally know anyone who is voting for Trump? If not, that might indicate some sort of bubble.

Elitism won’t defeat Trumpism

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...856_story.html
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 09:21 AM   #488
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
so can we say democrats are racists as well (i am not supporting rep.)?

let's go for a beer, Richard. send me a text msg

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 09:25 AM   #489
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove

nor will lowering our standards to appeal to some LCD voters. Pro gun, pro religion? No thanks for my USA, I am glad that most of the Trumpers are very old, it is well past time for these folks to go
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 09:27 AM   #490
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Does anyone personally know anyone who is voting for Trump? If not, that might indicate some sort of bubble.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...856_story.html
yes! i posted that in the page before, and we had a discussion about it-- please join
Old 08.10.2016, 12:38 PM   #491
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Probably all of my immediate family since they hate Clinton a lot more.
Old 08.10.2016, 01:53 PM   #492
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Probably all of my immediate family since they hate Clinton a lot more.
how come they hate her? it is her alone or democrats in general they hate?

i'm sincerely curious-- and no i don't wish them death
Old 08.10.2016, 02:10 PM   #493
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
how come they hate her? it is her alone or democrats in general they hate?

i'm sincerely curious-- and no i don't wish them death
Just very much republicans as a whole.
Old 08.10.2016, 02:54 PM   #494
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Just very much republicans as a whole.
thanks!

there's a bunch of republicans that will be voting for hillary come the election, but some people realy hate hillary in particular. this dude is one of them:

"i hate donald trump but he might get my vote"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.f916429ca22b

this is some 6 weeks old though, so who knows, but his argument basically is that hillary would destroy the "american way of life" worse than trump by giving trophies for showing up or something

this is not my position of course but i'm interested in what people think and why, etc
Old 08.10.2016, 03:07 PM   #495
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
how come they hate her?

what is your opinion on Hil if I can ask?

can't help myself to think she is lying through her teeth anytime she speak. I do not know why.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 03:09 PM   #496
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
let's go for a beer, Richard. send me a text msg

fuck yeah. i will text u in the morning.

Old 08.10.2016, 03:12 PM   #497
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
this is why i live in the woods.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 03:14 PM   #498
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

can't help myself to think she is lying through her teeth anytime she speak. I do not know why.

Well that's not exactly rational, is it.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.10.2016, 03:24 PM   #499
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Well that's not exactly rational, is it.

ok, maybe the whole Haiti thing for example.

Old 08.10.2016, 03:39 PM   #500
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:

i think she"s a solid candidate and eminently qualified for the job but at the same time she lacks the charisma of a natural politician--more wonk than leader of the masses.

besides, she's quite guarded-- this perhaps for having to have survived nearly three decades of rabid republican persecution. she's the object of so many conspiracy theories i don't blame her for her caution.

i loved to see her breathing fire at the fucking senate after benghazi but i cringe when she tries to be "nice." it's not her nature to be all touchy feely, but the popularity contest that is the election demands it-- shaking hands and kissing babies and that sort of shit.

as for her policy positions, she's not as bold as i'd like her to be, but i can trust that she should be able to deliver on her promises because she's a skilled operator.

take for exaomple her choice of kaine as vp. it didn't excite me one bit, as elizabeth warren would have ben my choice here, but it was an effective calculation to a) overcome the sexism that would have been directed at an all-female ticket, b) go after trump's white male base, c) appease the latent racism of those who want white people on top. this makes the ticket all-around "safe"', and thus the clear alternative to the madman. it's working.

so yeah, im not thrilled by her or anything but i trust that she can be quite effective at the art of governing even if her face on tshirts wont ever become a fashion statement.
222324 25 2627283575125 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth