Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café IV
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.24.2015, 07:39 PM   #281
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
new Ghostface album is amazing. So good.

@suchfriends: Tree is on there.
Old 02.24.2015, 08:02 PM   #282
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Tree got some respect finally? Now if only that ninja would start selling his shit on bandcamp like i been telling him for over a year now he might make some $...

Waitin on quality internet access + rare free time to check out that Black Knights link i found.. did anyone check it out yet? Any good? How could it NOT

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2015, 08:10 PM   #283
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
yeah I listened to a few tracks and it's fucking good.
Old 02.25.2015, 04:26 PM   #284
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
man Kanye just performed All Day at the BRIT awards. it was the hardest shit ever, i had to sit through 2 hours of pretty much nothing but Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran praise but it was worth it. Kanye had all those white people shook. hope the song drops on iTunes tonight.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2015, 06:28 PM   #285
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
man Kanye just performed All Day at the BRIT awards. it was the hardest shit ever, i had to sit through 2 hours of pretty much nothing but Sam Smith and Ed Sheeran praise but it was worth it. Kanye had all those white people shook. hope the song drops on iTunes tonight.

Yeyahhh!!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.25.2015, 06:42 PM   #286
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions

Yeah, why hasn't anyone been talking about that one? Honestly, compared to the reception 12 Reasons got from this thread 2 yrs ago, we've been practically shunning the Killah. I still think 36 Seasons was (with the exception of a track or two) pretty much the hardest shit to drop in recent memory from someone other than Ye, Pusha or Underachievers.

And I love the BADBADNOTGOOD collab.

I'm not actually super impressed by the new Drake, and the new Big Sean only really holds my attention when Kanye's voice comes through. Sean still has a loooong way to go.

And I just think I might not be a drake fan. Maybe if I stop reading about him and viewing vines of him making stupid faces I'd change my mind, but for now I have to admit that I don't understand why he's such a favorite. He's embarrassing to watch, even when he's performing. And he needs to stop singing four line choruses on other people's tracks. If you're gonna guest on a rap single, RAP YA BITCH! You are SO not the next Jay-Z. Aaahhhh!
Old 02.25.2015, 10:27 PM   #287
Severian
invito al cielo

Ok I'm going too hard on Drake.

Maybe it was waking up to that coffee-spitting double-take story about "OVO's" Hamlet audition and it's accompanying vine.

That was just plain not good for anyone.

But I'm spinning IYRTITL and I'm starting to mellow. It's better than the non-Yeezy infused moments of Dark Sky Paradise. The beats are hot and it's irregularity gives it an air of genuineness.

"No Tellin'" has some creepy ass samples.

"Please don't speak to me like
I'm that Drake from 4 yrs ago / I'm at a higher place
Thinkin' they're lions and Tigers and Bears /
I go Huntin' put heads on my fireplace"

Yeah, that's what's called fire. No question. That is objective fire.
"6PM in New York" may have a harder beat and a harder message than anything Drake's released yet.

However, saying that he "wants to prove that he's #1" isn't going to do him any good. When you're #1, like Jay in his prime, or Kanye right now, you don't even need to say it.

Drake's done well here.
I admit, today was my first time listening to the record. I am still processing.
However, this is a surprisingly good little treat. It's good enough to make me forget what a flamboyant Dbag Drake seems determined to be.

Anyway, forgive me.
Old 02.25.2015, 10:48 PM   #288
noisereductions
invito al cielo

That track directed at his mom is insane.
Old 02.26.2015, 07:48 PM   #289
rebeccagotcursedout
stalker

rebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's assesrebeccagotcursedout kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
are you foreverasskiss?

yes.
rebeccagotcursedout is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2015, 08:19 PM   #290
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Shhhhhhh.. that should have been some PM type shit

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.26.2015, 10:53 PM   #291
noisereductions
invito al cielo

we did miss you son.
Old 02.27.2015, 01:03 PM   #292
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
realized All Day kinda sounds like a mix of I'm in It, Black Skinhead and NIP.. wow. anybody else hear it?

also notice the Wu influence -

Old 02.27.2015, 06:18 PM   #293
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
realized All Day kinda sounds like a mix of I'm in It, Black Skinhead and NIP.. wow. anybody else hear it?

also notice the Wu influence -

Is this on iTunes yet like you'd hoped? If not, where can I download a high quality rip of the song?

Yeah, I know I was trying to hold out until the album dropped, but it just doesn't make sense for me to not know the song when all those fuckers in the audience, on stage, watching on TV and YouTubing, do. They think they're better than me?
Old 02.27.2015, 06:35 PM   #294
louder
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Is this on iTunes yet like you'd hoped? If not, where can I download a high quality rip of the song?

Yeah, I know I was trying to hold out until the album dropped, but it just doesn't make sense for me to not know the song when all those fuckers in the audience, on stage, watching on TV and YouTubing, do. They think they're better than me?
no.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2PRYm1DnaFv2jaf66Y

this is all we have so far.
Old 02.27.2015, 09:12 PM   #295
Severian
invito al cielo

HURRY IT UP YEEZY!

Is he building hype up? Is that what this is? Fuck, in '13 it was like: oh yah, btw, Kanye's coming out with a new album in 4 weeks. It may or may not have a cover, it's 8 songs long and it's called Yeezus. No singles. Just a heads up.

I remember the sinking "this does not feel like an appropriate follow up to MBDTF" feeling in my stomach, and I felt that way until
I heard the album.

At this point, the whole "surprise" album thing has been Beyoncé'd, Springsteen'd, D'Angelo'd, Drake'd and more or less done to death. He should not try to milk that trend, because it's becoming commonplace.

It's time to start dropping teasers. This album is supposed to be a joyful triumph? A big deal? Something like that? Well then it should be marketed like Dark Knight Rises. In many ways it's going to be viewed as the finale of his second trilogy. Let's get some fanfare in this bitch!
Old 02.28.2015, 01:00 AM   #296
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:

NR: Why do you think Sour Soul is getting such a "meh" reception? Where's all the usual GFK banter that surrounds a new release?

It's not like the album doesn't deserve it. It's a solid record, and an excellent entry in the "live instrumentation" era of GFK quasi-solo releases. I think it's bloody great, but it doesn't feel like it's resonating as much as his other recent albums. Not with the usual group anyway.

Frankly I'm a little stumped.
Old 02.28.2015, 09:49 AM   #297
noisereductions
invito al cielo

yeah I don't know either. Any one I know personally who's heard it loves it. I read P'forks review and it was blah. Then again their review of 36 Seasons made it sound like Ghost had been in a funk... even though they had given a favorable review to 12 Reasons a year earlier.
Old 02.28.2015, 06:45 PM   #298
Severian
invito al cielo

Ok so I caved and downloaded "All Day (Live)," "Wolves," & "FourFiveSeconds," put them into a playlist with "Only One" titled Yeezy 2015 (just like I did with the first few Yeezus tracks to see the light of day on my Yeezy 2013 list) which I've been driving around blasting the absolute shit out of all day long.

Louder, you're right- "All Day" is a fucking scorcher with a definite Wu influence. The arrangement is kind of blocked out by the crowd sounds and the sonic restrictions imposed by the environment in which the recording was made, but I can already tell it's going to be a ball buster.

I can't even fathom how awesome the studio cut will sound on expensive headphones.

He's selling himself wildly short by self relating to Mochael
Jackson, and by focusing on the fact that the comparison has been made before. Not just because he's more of a "Prince" than an MJ, but because neither point of comparison is big enough to do this m****r****er Justice.

He's a goddamn Beatle.
Old 02.28.2015, 06:57 PM   #299
noisereductions
invito al cielo

ok broke down

OMG

O

M

G

"All Day" is insane. Wow.
Old 02.28.2015, 07:16 PM   #300
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
yeah I don't know either. Any one I know personally who's heard it loves it. I read P'forks review and it was blah. Then again their review of 36 Seasons made it sound like Ghost had been in a funk... even though they had given a favorable review to 12 Reasons a year earlier.

Pitchfork is no longer an accurate gauge of anything. Their scores are barely even a reliable indicator of their own fucking opinion! So many of their current "it" artists have received tepid reviews... from THEM.

Plus, I came up with a Top 100 Albums list for 2014 that makes their Top 50
seem fluffed up, inefficient and out of touch. There's little overlap, and my list was assbled completely from ONE PERSON's first hand experience buying & listening to new records and going to shows. Their 50 staff writers might as well be 50 clones of the same one lame dude, but they [b]still[/B] should have been able to outdo what one amateur did *in his spare time.*

But unfortunately their opinions still hold weight with 18-25 year-olds. Impressionable college kids, insecure non-college kids, reclusive blogger types and people who are desperate to feel superior.

This is a problem that I would like to devote some energy to solving, by the way. Anyone want to start a webzine.

Anyway - yeah they were terribly unfair with both 36 Seasons and A Better Tomorrow. But they really let writer clone #16579 fuck GFK over by acting like his triumphant second act has been some kind of horrible failure. That was rigoddamndiculous.
121314 15 1617182565 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth