Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Sonic Youth in Brussels
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.23.2009, 02:25 PM   #101
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
only remark i have on the gig were the mistakes during walking blue, stellar song though...
EvdWee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2009, 04:46 PM   #102
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
just woke up. oh man...almost miss my flight this morning....running I was, running! what an after party! 4 a clock in the morning still in the club somewhere in Brussels. metlook nice meeting you and only one word for you. Respect! nice meeting you Martin, real gent! how come EvdWee never turned up, same SY2004 and Trasher02???

yeah there's something with my recording as well Martin. I don't know if it was because I've recorded it on low gain or what, but it sounds like drums and Kim's mic is upfront then everything else and it's kinda "bassy" as well. I see if I can edit it somehow. it is listenable even like that though. I was standing quite in front in the middle.

so was that guy on stage filming you Jef??? nice to see you, hahahaha. will you put any snippets on YouTube???

I think sound was good, some mistakes in songs there and there, but it is normal. Steve is the man, I have to say it again. great drummer. Kim in very good form. Lee played some great "quiet minimal skronk" on new ones. why Thurston wasn't freaking out like he knows. or I'm not lucky or he's getting older, hehehe. 2 last concerts I've seen, there was no Thurston amps climbing and shit..

higlights of the concert for me was definitely DV'69 and Stereo Sanctity (finally I got to hear it live for a first time). then Massage The History and The Sprawl (I've seen it lots of times, but it is one of their finest, so I never get bored). actually it was nice to hear the whole new album live. Antenna, What We Know, No Way sounded great live. I love Malibu Gas Station on the album, but I didn't like it live, not that it's bad song live, but I was waiting for that noise, just before the end of the song, but they couldn't do it way it sounds on the album.

going listen to the concert so I can make better review.

Belgium people are very nice and friendly, from what I've experienced. I still don't understand that french/flamish thing, hahahaha. Brussels is nice, definitely going back sometime. I was expecting it to be bit cheaper, but probably because it was city centre prices.

oh and I love yr. bear. love it. starting 5.2% and upwards. great!

you forgot put What We Know on your setlist SY2004.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.23.2009, 05:18 PM   #103
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses

Old 10.23.2009, 06:04 PM   #104
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, I'm pretty sure you guys stood a couple of meters away from me. I even looked at one of you guys and thought he looked familiar.
Old 10.23.2009, 07:17 PM   #105
greenlight
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vJVqGcJZ_M

Old 10.24.2009, 01:55 AM   #106
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
so was that guy on stage filming you Jef??? nice to see you, hahahaha. will you put any snippets on YouTube???

Yeah, I was filming on stage. I thought the gig was ok although they all were a bit on automatic pilot. The problem was that they all had problems at the airport in Berlin which made them bound to the ground for four more hours.
They were supposed to soundcheck at 16h but they arrived at 18h30.
So they didn't have time for a decent soundcheck hence the rushed feel of the gig I suppose.

The stagelights for this tour are amazing though. I shot everything in HDV and it looks great. I'm gonna do a 'That's what we know' like video for one of the songs with all the highlights of the gig and I'll post it on the Taping Policies website if that's cool with you guys.

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2009, 07:11 AM   #107
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jef Mertens
and I'll post it on the Taping Policies website if that's cool with you guys.

you mean sonic sharing section? looking forward to it. what gear did you used? I mean yr. camera seems to be sleek and handy with nice mic. on it. I'd definitely love to have something like that.

Old 10.24.2009, 08:25 AM   #108
Jef Mertens
100%

Jef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's assesJef Mertens kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
you mean sonic sharing section? looking forward to it. what gear did you used? I mean yr. camera seems to be sleek and handy with nice mic. on it. I'd definitely love to have something like that.

I meant my website www.tapingpolicies.be

I use a Canon XHA1 HDV camera. the mic on that camera is amazing.
I have had many compliments on it's sound quality. The starving Weirdos release I did on cassete was recorded with my camera mic.

I film in 25p with a 1/50 shutter. I'm going to buy myself a SHOOt35 adapter soon so I can film with photolenses and actually kinda film in 35 mm or whatever you want.

I'll keep posted about the video

Jef Mertens is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2009, 08:34 AM   #109
greenlight
invito al cielo

thanks!

Old 10.24.2009, 09:03 AM   #110
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
woohoo nice setlist!
hey Richard! dyou go to every sonic gig in europe?
what a lucky guy you are!

hope to see you somewhere very soon

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2009, 09:47 AM   #111
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal
woohoo nice setlist!
hey Richard! dyou go to every sonic gig in europe?
what a lucky guy you are!

hope to see you somewhere very soon

yes, have to control myself more.

mostly i'd go to places i haven't visit yet, so i kinda killing 2 birds with one stone. wanted to go to Berlin as well, but you need more then one day for that city, so i picked Brussels.

2 more SY gigs before the new year, so yeah, happy days. that will be 5 in total this year. but we live only once so...

now, I haven't been in states. to see SY in NY would be real deal. it's no problem for us (i mean us from "eastern" Europe) to get a visa to states these days + tickets from Ireland are reasonable + sometimes you can get realy good bargain. hope I'll can make it sometime.

yeah, we have to meet again on some festival or gig or something!

Old 10.24.2009, 09:50 AM   #112
EvdWee
100%

EvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard suckaEvdWee cold hard sucka
Quote:
Respect! nice meeting you Martin, real gent! how come EvdWee never turned up, same SY2004 and Trasher02???

haha... still, you greeted me i was the guy in the black coat who was with Martin while you took the picture.

i didn't realize it was you...
Old 10.24.2009, 09:55 AM   #113
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvdWee
haha... still, you greeted me i was the guy in the black coat who was with Martin while you took the picture.

i didn't realize it was you...

hahahaha really? that Belgium beer is really strong, hehehe. nice meeting you!

Old 10.24.2009, 09:58 AM   #114
EvdWee
100%

i had to run to catch the last part of DJ SVN's very lovely set in the AB :P

never heard such a disastrous DJ.
Old 10.24.2009, 10:05 AM   #115
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
i had to run to catch the last part of DJ SVN's very lovely set in the AB :P

never heard such a disastrous DJ.

so after party as well? nice.

Old 10.24.2009, 10:53 AM   #116
EvdWee
100%

that was the DJ who was spinning in the foyer of Ancienne Belgique.

we returned homewards at 0:00.
Old 10.24.2009, 11:04 AM   #117
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
2 more SY gigs before the new year, so yeah, happy days. that will be 5 in total this year. but we live only once so...

2 more gigs? where?
i really wanted to go to paris this year again but im kinda skint unfortunatly.

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.24.2009, 11:42 AM   #118
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bal
2 more gigs? where?
i really wanted to go to paris this year again but im kinda skint unfortunatly.

ATP in Minehead, England and Dublin, Ireland....both sold out by now I think. yeah, Ryanair fly almost everywhere from Dublin and if you book in advance you get really cheap flights.

Old 10.24.2009, 11:44 AM   #119
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
that was the DJ who was spinning in the foyer of Ancienne Belgique.

we returned homewards at 0:00.

was he mixing any of SY stuff, coz after a gig I think I heard something like 100% remix or something, I'm not sure.

by the way, I think I got back to hotel around 4 a.m. ufff, too many beers, good party.

Old 10.24.2009, 02:44 PM   #120
EvdWee
100%

he was playing very loud, so i couldn't even hear which songs he was playing... very bad...

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth