Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page PLEASE HELP identify this SY bootleg from around '95-'96
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.15.2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Rocketmeth
empty page

Rocketmeth has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I used to have a live recording from the Washing Machine ere that had the MOST FLAWLESS live takes of Starfield Road, Bull in the Heather, and Schizophrenia that I had ever heard. The guitars, drums, and vocals all came through crisp and clear and never overpowered eachother.

My problem is that my copy got cracked. When I tried finding a download for it online, I discovered my copy was FALSLY LABELED as the 'Sugar Baby' bootleg. S.B. doesn't even compare!

One obvious thing that makes this bootleg stand apart from others from this era is that Kim's bass line in 'Schizophrenia' is noticeably different to what is usually played. AND instead of singing her usual lines of "I had a dream and it split the seam" etc. She changes the words to "I had a dream. You know what I mean? I'd take you there. I think you'd dare."

Any offianados out there who can please help give me a boot title or date? PLEEEASE? Oh yeah, and I've already checked the Utkonos site over and over already with no luck!
Rocketmeth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2012, 11:36 PM   #2
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang/lp/boot66.html

http://sonicyouth.utkonos.org/lossle...bootcd.flac16/

Seems to be Sugar Baby! When I first read this I thought Sugar Baby was another Easter clone and spent a few minutes searching for the one I knew was from Tilburg (since Schizophrenia wasn't played at the Easter gig). If this isn't the show, Kim changed the lyrics twice!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2012, 08:41 PM   #3
Rocketmeth
empty page

Rocketmeth has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Thank you chris! I checked it out and thats the one. The download of Sugar Baby I found before must have been the dud & come to think of it it didn't even have that interview that I remembered from before & which this 1 has. Bastards thinkin they can go around screwing up titles.

And the version of Bull in the Heather I was thinkin of is off the 'Monster Outline' bootleg! Obviously I'm easily confused. Thanks again for going out of yr way to help me out!

Cheers!

~ Rocket Meth
Rocketmeth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2012, 04:59 AM   #4
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
and there's a remastered copy as well on ukonos:
http://sonicyouth.utkonos.org/lossle...master.flac16/

I was at this show, and used to have a FM > cassette transfer of it, it also included an interview with Thurston. But also incomplete, and same songs in more or less the same (out of) order.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth