Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page classic albums, atsonicpark edition # 40: atari teenage riot - burn berlin burn
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.20.2008, 08:35 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

ATARI TEENAGE RIOT "BURN BERLIN BURN"
DHR, 1997

Even though I don't listen to it that much anymore, I wore this band out when I was in middle school and they were one of the first bands I heard that made me go, "wow." For that reason alone, I feel I must make a classics album post to them... Though this album sounds a bit dated now thanks to all the ATR imitators that came after this (which is actually a collection of most of the best tracks from Future of War and Delete Yourself), it was ahead of its time when it came out, and it still sounds as intense and ridiculously awesome as ever. Mixing elements of punk, rock, jungle, techno, noise, gabber, even riot grrl, this album is endlessly fascinating even if it's hard to take seriously at times. But maybe that was the point.

PS:

"ATARI! TEENAGE! RIOT!"

"GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"1, 2, 3, 4!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"ATR!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2008, 08:43 PM   #2
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Never heard of it.
Old 08.20.2008, 08:56 PM   #3
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
Me neither.

I know there was a band called the Atari's and they had a song called Teenage Riot...

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2008, 09:18 PM   #4
dionysusundone
the end of the ugly

dionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard suckadionysusundone cold hard sucka
Never heard of it? Kids these days!

Good call, this was an excellent album...it's been a while since I pulled it out too...I might have to do that.
Old 08.20.2008, 10:54 PM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, never heard?! Come on now. Even my girlfriend's 13 year old brother knows who they are... probably because they were on the SPAWN soundtrack or something and not at all because of me. Weird. I would guess that almost everyone on here has at least heard OF this band, if not heard. Maybe I'm wrong. For a time, they were on the same record label in America as At the Drive-In!

Old 08.20.2008, 11:59 PM   #6
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
I love it. ATR was sick sick sick.
Old 08.21.2008, 12:43 AM   #7
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
I'm with you, Atsonicpark. Not a band I listen much these days, unless I'm having a teenage angst moment, but, fuck, that album knocked me off my feet when I first heard it.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 04:30 AM   #8
al shabbray

yeah ATR are sick bastards.
I live the album alec empire did with merzssssbowse!
anybody can remember the name of it, wann listen to it now!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 07:10 AM   #9
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Live at Brixton Academy, al.

Old 08.21.2008, 07:11 AM   #10
al shabbray

thanks for that.
love that recordings, but after switching from pc to mac my mp3s of it got lost
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 07:14 AM   #11
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Final show of the Twentieth Century, for ATR.

According to the liner notes, this was their final gig on a tour supporting Nine Inch Nails (who had just released The Fragile). Carl Crack had been arrested on tour in Japan (only catching back up with the band on their way out of Spain), and Hanin Elias was vomiting blood and forbidden to continue performing by medical personnel. At the end of their wits, the band decided to drop a bomb on the unsuspecting, sold-out crowd of 8,000 on November Twenty-ninth.

Released in a limited run (somewhere between 1,000 and 2,500) shortly before the band's demise in 2000, this release is entirely noise. No hits? Shit man, there's no fuckin' songs on this motherfucker. Alec Empire and Nic Endo said "Fuck it," and blasted out almost half an hour worth of electronic noise and distortion before wrecking their shit and walking off stage.

"I still believe everyone's opinion of concert was divided... on our way to the taxi afterwards a few kids threw their ripped up ATR shirts down on the ground in front of us... others just couldn't get enough. A lof of them hated us.

"To this day, nobody has proven there's ever been a comparable noise concert of that scale in the history of Music." - Alec Empire (2000)

Old 08.21.2008, 07:15 AM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

This link should work.

http://depositfiles.com/files/2253180

Old 08.21.2008, 07:15 AM   #13
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Never heard of them .
Old 08.21.2008, 07:16 AM   #14
al shabbray

damn

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atsonicpark again.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 07:21 AM   #15
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I remember they came near my town once when I was about 13 but I wasn't old enough to drive of course and no one I knew wanted to drive 50 miles to see them. They were supporting Rage Against the Machine and Wu-Tang clan. I bet that was an insane show. About a year later, they came back for the last time, supporting Ministry (or maybe it was NiN) in a club that only held like 2,000 people. I know a dude who ended up going to that and I asked him how it was and he said, "Noisy."

Old 08.21.2008, 07:24 AM   #16
al shabbray

shit man, thats one of these shows where you will biting your ass for the rest of your life not seeing it
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 07:31 AM   #17
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
Ah ah ATR are good. Ultra riffs over ultra beats with people screaming anarchist slogans over it it sounds cliche as fuck but it's really fun to hear. Start The Riot and Destroy 2000 Years Of Culture are on my iPod actually

And yeah I would have think most people would know them too
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 07:36 AM   #18
al shabbray

I would have thought that too.

but the cliche was good for its time, they have to set a sign for band playin hardcore shit and being out of germany I think
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.21.2008, 07:37 AM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

START THE RIOT
START THE RIOT
START THE RIOT
NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIDIJUNKIESSSSSSSSSSS
GONNA FUCK YOU UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

RAVERBASHING!!!!!1
LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

INTO THE DEATH! GO! GO! GO!
INTO THE DEATH! GO! GO! GO!

FUCK ALL
FUCK ALL
FUCK ALL
FUCK ALL

awesome.

Old 08.21.2008, 07:41 AM   #20
al shabbray

yes, but there was a lot of facist music coming up that time in germany, and I think their lyrics were a pretty radical reaction to that.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth