Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Faith No More Reunion
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.21.2009, 03:11 PM   #21
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
If that is true, then I hate Spruance. California is my favorite thing Patton was ever involved in, and then Mr. Bungle just broke up? Sucks.

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 03:11 PM   #22
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I doubt Spruance would do it... but if so, maybe Bungle could eventually reform too.

^
I'd cum out of every orifice/pore on my body, if that happened.
Things could get messy.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 03:12 PM   #23
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Eugene Felikson
I agree. King for A Day was great.

Is it true that Courtney Love tried out to be the band's vocalist, after Chuck's departure?

Yes, apparantly that is true.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 03:16 PM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer
If that is true, then I hate Spruance. California is my favorite thing Patton was ever involved in, and then Mr. Bungle just broke up? Sucks.

But Patton was the member who wrote the LEAST amount of Mr. Bungle music. He only wrote 2 or 3 songs... Trey and Trevor wrote most of the stuff, and Trey is in the brilliant Secret Chiefs 3, which basically started out as Bungle without Patton and is now... whatever they are now... some kind of bizarre Middle Eastern-prog-jazz band that is just unbelievable. I really don't like Patton. Besides Angel Dust, Disco Volante, California, and his Kaada/Patton collab "Romances", I don't like anything he's ever been involved in. That includes Fantomas, Tomahawk, Loveage, and definitely Peeping Tom!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 03:18 PM   #25
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Only European dates....

They really like there rock over there. Kings of Leon, White Stripes both have big followings..
Old 05.21.2009, 03:18 PM   #26
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Here's the first interview I could find...

http://www.markprindle.com/spruance-i.htm

5. I know this is a tired old topic, but my readers would kill me if I didn't ask about it – why have you and Mike Patton not spoken in years? Did your friendship die out because of Mr. Bungle or Faith No More, or did you just go separate ways, or something else entirely?
As time wears on you find out who your friends are, and who they aren't. Mike and I always had the best working relationship imaginable. Really, very very good and fruitful. There are other things in life we see differently. I don't think those things are irreconcilable at all. But when you get used to having things your own way, and certain people around you resist the "natural order" of becoming subordinate to you, you may start nursing resentments. Even lashing out at them and calling them egomaniacs etc. for not assuming the position. I think in my case it was too painful for Patton to realize that where there are no subordinates there is no insubordination. Like most of us, Mike tends to begin the process of deciding whether or not he can afford to discard a person's point of view altogether, rather than facing certain difficult facts of life. So to answer your question, there was never any big mess between he and I specifically. The general dysfunction coming from being expected to silently endure more and more of this emerging top-down/top-dog order-barking thing he'd taken to just ended up getting really tiresome for everyone involved. In a band, strong personalities need to know where to draw the line on this kind of stuff. Anyway, since it wasn't going to happen, I was the idiot who started to draw that line. I admit I had more emotional involvement in the process than would be neccesary for a non-robot, having poured comparatively ridiculously copious doses of my blood into the project. Patton's subsequent resentment towards me is a fairly predictable outcome. You don't stand up to him and stay off the shit-list. A bummer, yeah, but its essentially a self-protecting reflex action - something I don't really feel a need to hold against him too much. He has his way. It won't change. And after all why should it? This method works well for him overall -- who am I to question it? I dare say it's even part of his charm. (we are a nation of pathological narcissists after all!). Whatever. Really, I feel fondly about the time we spent making music together, and feel we did some great things. And, while I am diametrically opposed to it on a human level, over time I do appreciate the clarity of his cut and dry approach: how black and white it makes things. You're either in the club, or out of the club. Unfortunately, I have to say I do prefer life as an excommunicate from that kind of 'friendship'. I know he prefers it that way too. I'm sure both of us would agree it was a good run, though.

Old 05.21.2009, 03:21 PM   #27
super_charger
bad moon rising

super_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's assessuper_charger kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I don't like anything he's ever been involved in. That includes Fantomas, Tomahawk, Loveage, and definitely Peeping Tom!

There's a Painkiller disc he's on (replacing EYE) that is actually pretty amazing. I suggest you check it out.
super_charger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 03:21 PM   #28
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

That whole interview is great btw. Spruance's responses are... very intelligent.

Old 05.21.2009, 03:24 PM   #29
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
Secret Chiefs 3 is deeeefinitely a band I need to look into more. I heard one of their albums before, and I was like "WHOA this is what Mr. Bungle should have been.. It's different genres but spread limited to one genre per song!" If you know what I'm trying to get at, but yeah.

Old 05.21.2009, 03:24 PM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Jim Martin DOES grow pu mpkins. he raises record size giant pumpkins. NO LIE.

as far as reunion goes, if Jim martin is not in it to riff it up on jizzlobber or their amazing cover of war pigs then FUCK the reunion.
Old 05.21.2009, 03:26 PM   #31
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I still rock real thing and angel dust

after that they sucked shit to my ears.
I hjate king for a day and calfornation whatever
Old 05.21.2009, 03:36 PM   #32
summer
stalker

King for a Day has "Evidence" which is one of the sexiest songs ever, so I'd love that album if only for that.

Also I skimmed through most of that interview and just, ugh. Trey Spruance himself seems pretty cool. It's the interviewer that I take issue with, he even insults himself and says "I don't understand your music, none of us do!" I hate it when people put others on a pedestal like that.

Old 05.21.2009, 03:45 PM   #33
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Do not insult Mark Prindle.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 03:47 PM   #34
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Summer, you're the only person in the world to dislike Mark Prindle. That's... noteworthy.

Old 05.21.2009, 06:14 PM   #35
el duderino
bad moon rising

el duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's asses
i'm not sure if its still up, but they posted a video of one of their recent rehearsals on the front page of their official site, great to see they haven't lost their sense of humour
el duderino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2009, 03:45 AM   #36
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Faith no more was cool when I was 9. Only Patton project I've ever really loved is Mr. Bungle. I'm far more interested in the Jane's Addiction reunion tour that is currently happening
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.25.2009, 08:30 PM   #37
Andrés
children of satan

Andrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's asses
overated and boring band like radiohead, u2, pearl jam and smashing pumpkins. Then again, what do i know about music anyways?

Andrés is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 06:34 PM   #38
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Incorrect. Nothing at all like U2, Pearl Jam or Radiohead. Sorry but that is not my opinion. That's just the truth. If you think they are boring than whatever, to each his own, but I think they make the best melodies of any band ever. Sheer aural ecstasy
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2009, 12:43 PM   #39
alex_could
bad moon rising

alex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's assesalex_could kicks all y'all's asses

i will go!
alex_could is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2009, 05:22 PM   #40
el duderino
bad moon rising

el duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's assesel duderino kicks all y'all's asses
wade worthington = roddy??
el duderino is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth