Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page "Into The Wild"
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.05.2007, 04:09 PM   #1
5Against1
bad moon rising

5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses5Against1 kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't seen the film Into The Wild but the soundtrack is getting a lot of play. Personally I'm not into folk music but I love Ed's voice...so I'll probably buy it and add it to the 12 gigs of PJ I already have on my hard drive.
Old 10.05.2007, 04:39 PM   #2
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Sean Penn is a genuinely concerned person. This faithful film adaptation of the Krakauer novel will be one of the very best motion pictures of the year.

It briefly follows the stages on life's way of a character from being a juvenile blanket anti-authoritarian to formulating a complex adult understanding of life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by review

Yet the movie wouldn't work without Hirsch's fervor as Chris. Thanks to Hirsch, you accept without question that a young man defined mostly by openness and intensity can persuade his new friends to respect his philosophic vision, even if they can't see the world through his eyes.

The movie's greatest triumph is its depiction of Chris' bond with an 82-year-old leather worker, Ron Franz (Hal Holbrook). Holbrook, who's 82 himself, matches Hirsch's urgency without showing a bead of sweat. Six decades of acting have brought Holbrook a peerless mastery of limpid thought and emotion.

...the tragedy being that this understanding comes too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P. Sisk, Professor of English Emeritus, Gonzaga University
But after one hundred days in the wild, with death from starvation looming, he writes in his journal that he is "too weak to walk out, have literally been trapped in the wild." At this point we survivors might say that he has discovered the hard way that the experience of the wild may only be an indulgence that civilization subsidizes as part of its ongoing effort to define and refine itself against the counter efforts of the wild to have it all.

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
- William Blake
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.05.2007, 09:28 PM   #3
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Good news. I wasn't aware of a movie. I've read the book twice.
It has been a source of yearning for me. Being youthful and enjoying a good, true account of a real adventure as a source for inspiration to travel, such books can make one aware of such openess - gaping enough, to, as we see, sallow you whole.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth