Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 300
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.25.2007, 03:04 PM   #61
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
this thread has turned into an EPIC battle since I've last read!!!

on one side, Atari and his elite cadre of warrior-posts who are sworn to fight until the end.

on the other, savages from the east! frenzied-zealots who would stop at nothing to see his cities burned and salted.

can he match the faceless hordes that swarm toward the gates?? will the heathens be beaten back only to face the ire of their wrathful gawds???

a dedicated server, the latest in php software and a budget of a couple dollars.....we bring you:

(only on message boards, March 25, 2007)
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 03:40 PM   #62
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
You people should read as much as you write, then this would be a better place to hang.

YAWN.

That's the sound of me being cowed by your intellectual superiority.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.25.2007, 03:59 PM   #63
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
in my very humble opinion, this is total nonsense.

total nonsense, mind this.

so here we have someone who is just willing to exercise his right to deliberately avoid a movie, and a bunch of persons mocking him for apparently no other reason than being annoyed with the reasons he's brought up to your attention that made him avoid the movie.

and comments like those, "we are lying here laughing at you", "cowed by yr intellectual superiority", "(critic) talks too fast for me to take notes"... that also is nonsense. i can't fucking believe it.

i can't really understand it all. this guy here, he doesn't like the movie, he isn't being an arrogant prick. he's just displaying the reasons why he won't watch it, why he thinks it's something which won't appeal to him.

what's wrong with that and what's wrong with all of you people fearing the idea of reading carefully when someone posts, or using the brain to go beyond a movie's political agenda? this is unbelievable to say the least.

so, again i ask to myself, is this the sonic youth of 2007?
Old 03.25.2007, 04:27 PM   #64
youthoftomorrow
expwy. to yr skull

youthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's assesyouthoftomorrow kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
So are any of you going to see 300 again?

i did.

AND I FUCKING LOVED IT.
Old 03.25.2007, 04:36 PM   #65
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
And you're the "youthoftomorrow" haha...

how you've grown before our eyes to ape all the finer sensibilites here and now you disappoint with this little display....tsk, tsk, youthoftomorrow, let's hope your collective namesake fares better...

hehe

Peloponnesian War » Thermopylae

I remember one summer after high school. My friend who had moved away to Oklahoma..Guthrie/Norman area (Flaming Lips country) had returned to Georgia and we would spend our summer nights out in his miserable trailer down by the river (literally).

Well, some river folk had bestowed upon us this brown grocery bag full of some rather nasty river weed.
And so I figured out that we had to roll giant doobies.
So, on this one particular Oconee River evening, I started channeling my history teacher and acted out this, as I remember it, remarkable address concerning the whole history of Ancient Greece.

The "Peloponnesian thing" was bugging me, it was my first thought but I was also second guessing--thinking maybe Pan-Hellenic possibly or something...but that was Alexander the Great.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2007, 05:15 AM   #66
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by max
in my very humble opinion, this is total nonsense.

total nonsense, mind this.

so here we have someone who is just willing to exercise his right to deliberately avoid a movie, and a bunch of persons mocking him for apparently no other reason than being annoyed with the reasons he's brought up to your attention that made him avoid the movie.

and comments like those, "we are lying here laughing at you", "cowed by yr intellectual superiority", "(critic) talks too fast for me to take notes"... that also is nonsense. i can't fucking believe it.

i can't really understand it all. this guy here, he doesn't like the movie, he isn't being an arrogant prick. he's just displaying the reasons why he won't watch it, why he thinks it's something which won't appeal to him.

what's wrong with that and what's wrong with all of you people fearing the idea of reading carefully when someone posts, or using the brain to go beyond a movie's political agenda? this is unbelievable to say the least.

so, again i ask to myself, is this the sonic youth of 2007?

Ok max, now please explain me how labeling as "dumb or worse" people that enjoyed this movie makes sense to you.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.26.2007, 07:27 AM   #67
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
I downloaded the film the other night because I'm a thief and have better things to spend my money on and I'm in 2 minds about it. On a good note some of the choreography in the battle scenes was amazing however that fucking narrator piece of shit pissed me off so much I am still cursing his name now. His voice is so annoying and he always used that power of three trick to make everything he said sound like it was coming from God. Anyway some of the freaks in the films were great, like that fat guy with blades as arms who looked like one of the cenobites from hellraiser and that goat that was playing the flute or something... very entertaining.

Overall I'd say it's worth watching just for some of the battle scenes but be warned that some of it is horrible.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth