Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Pixies announce Doolittle US Dates
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.28.2009, 05:11 PM   #21
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E18beaR-odI
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 07:22 PM   #22
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the Internet2 arena: the Youtubedrome. The computer screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the computer screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the computer screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore, computers are reality, and reality is less than computers.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 07:24 PM   #23
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Oh yeah, I forgot they played that at Brixton. Still, 1991 was a long time ago. It's time they brought that song back into their setlist.

and we looked
and we passed
through the hallway of shatterproof glass
luckynumber9 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2009, 07:28 PM   #24
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
P-i-x-i-e-s

S-u-x

...I'm just kidding.

The Breeders are playing here really soon, for like $8. I ain't going.

Old 07.28.2009, 10:08 PM   #25
Andrés
children of satan

Andrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's assesAndrés kicks all y'all's asses
cool! Probably they'll do the same for bossanova next year!

Songs from Come On Pilgrim will be totally missed! Talking about touring albums, does anybody have some recording of the Meat Puppets playing the album II last year?

Andrés is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 01:13 PM   #26
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

The Breeders are playing here really soon, for like $8. I ain't going.

Hahaha, The Breeders are such an overrated band.

Well, I'm being a little unfair, because I only have Pod. But really, it isn't that good.

If The Pixies make a date in Toronto, I might be able to convince my dad to take me, but if not, then it's not a huge loss, I can just wait until next time.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 01:17 PM   #27
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the Internet2 arena: the Youtubedrome. The computer screen is the retina of the mind's eye. Therefore, the computer screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore, whatever appears on the computer screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore, computers are reality, and reality is less than computers.

Proof that Videodrome is timeless, and can be applied to any era.

Anyway, why can't they come to Pittsburgh??!!!!
Old 07.29.2009, 01:56 PM   #28
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Breeders are a bit overrated I guess, but for god's sake, "Oh" is such an amazing song.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 02:53 PM   #29
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
Denver, yes! Waste my $50 ticket for the Monolith Festival just to see the stupid Yeah Yeah Yeahs on 9/12 or see the Pixies? I don't know mannn.

Also: The Breeders > The Pixies... just sayin'.
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 04:15 PM   #30
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

luckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard suckaluckynumber9 cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel
Denver, yes! Waste my $50 ticket for the Monolith Festival just to see the stupid Yeah Yeah Yeahs on 9/12 or see the Pixies? I don't know mannn.

Also: The Breeders > The Pixies... just sayin'.

I hope you're kidding...
Pixies > Breeders and YYYs combined!

and we looked
and we passed
Old 07.29.2009, 04:26 PM   #31
samuel
the end of the ugly

samuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's assessamuel kicks all y'all's asses
<- huge Breeders fan.

For me, it's
The Breeders > Pixies + YYYs combined
samuel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.29.2009, 04:34 PM   #32
luckynumber9
bad moon rising

I have to admit I do like Pod though.

and we looked
and we passed
Old 07.30.2009, 02:01 AM   #33
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah Yeah Yeahs suck. A couple good tunes, nothing more.
Old 07.30.2009, 02:19 AM   #34
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Is it just me, or has every band hailed as "groundbreaking" by the music press in this decade turned out to be overrated wankers?

Think about it...the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Bloc Party, Franz Ferdinand, Liars (for the most part)...
Old 07.30.2009, 03:13 AM   #35
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Long live the even newer flesh.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 03:38 AM   #36
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses
Breeders are great.

YYY are great in my opion.
loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2009, 01:33 AM   #37
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
yeah yeah yeahs = no no no....

terrible.

fuck them and fuck karen OMG IM SO FASHIONABLY COOL!!!! < no, yr not.

Karen O has to be one of my most hated celebrities or whatever. I absolutely hate her. I have a hard time even looking at her.
Old 07.31.2009, 01:35 AM   #38
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Yeah, really. Ugly, annoying, talentless, stupid, and a crappy dresser. Not sure what the appeal was (not is) to people. The only member of that band that's interesting is the guitarist's little simple shitty sounding one string riffs. The drummer sucks, too, but he's in the Seconds, who are pretty good.

Old 07.31.2009, 01:51 AM   #39
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

Yeah, Karen O is a stupid whore.

I love how we turned this thread into a Karen O bash thread, good job SYG.
Old 07.31.2009, 05:16 AM   #40
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, Karen O is not good.

Back on topic:

If more of you assholes had bought Frank Black solo albums, we wouldn't be having this problem.

They're great. They're great live. I must've listened to about twenty shows from all over their career and none of them suck.

So every ten years, it would be great to regroup and play a marathon three hour show of ALL their material for the fuck of it. No reason. No excuse. Just cause they can, because they play well together and have good tunes. I've been a holdout from the naysayers for a while, but I'm starting to see their point. Enough already, Pixs.

Then again, as Spinoza asked: If you could tour the world and sell out every show, wouldn't you do it?

-
Have they ever played "Silver" live? Oh yeah? Prove it with a recording, hot shot.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth