Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café V
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.12.2016, 10:25 AM   #441
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Went from:

"Penitentiary chances, the devil dances
And eventually answers to the call of Autumn
All of them fallin’ for the love of ballin’
Got caught with 30 rocks, the cop look like Alec Baldwin
Inter century anthems based off inner city tantrums"

"Is hip hop just a euphemism for a new religion?
The soul music of the slaves that the youth is missing
This is more than just my road to redemption
Malcolm West had the whole nation standing at attention"

to

"For all my Southside niggas that know me best
I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex
Why? I made that bitch famous
God damn
I made that bitch famous
For all the girls that got dick from Kanye West
If you see 'em in the streets give 'em Kanye's bests
Why? They mad they ain't famous
God damn
They mad they're still nameless
(Talk that talk man)
Her man in the store tryna try his best
But he just can't seem to get Kanye fresh
But we still hood famous
God damn
Yeah we still hood famous"

Yikes.

This album needs some Rhyemefest.

Bro, when has Kanye NOT talked about celebrities and gossip? That's been going on since the Dropout. Come on, dude... Big Brother? Choke a South Park writer wit a fish stick? Hurry up with my damn Minaj? The Grammys? Ultra Travolta? Tuzxedo may have been a little guido but w/ my ego I can stand there in a speedo and be looked at like a fuckin hero? References to Jesus Walks? GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE? The only nigga I got respect for is Wiz/ I admit I fell in love with Kim round the same time *she* fell in love with him?

Also, are you just listening to Famous over and over?
What about Ultra Light Beams? It's more HOPEFUL than anything he's released in YEARS.

I think you're either going to end up regretting all this trash talk, or Ye's done.

But for right now, I'm the biggest Yeezy fan on this board. That's for damn sure. Gimme that throne, bitch!!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2016, 10:26 AM   #442
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
wasting resources? I'm confused.

For $10/mo I listen to hundreds of albums. The alternative would be spending ~$10 to buy ONE album a month to listen to.

And as far as "streaming" you don't have to use ANY data w/ Spotify if you don't want to. You can download albums (over wifi) so that they're stored on your phone for playback without streaming at all. No data used at all.

I still do buy physical albums, but they're ones I've already heard enough to feel worth buying on CD later.
Old 02.12.2016, 10:31 AM   #443
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Bro, when has Kanye NOT talked about celebrities and gossip? That's been going on since the Dropout. Come on, dude... Big Brother? Choke a South Park writer wit a fish stick? Hurry up with my damn Minaj? The Grammys? Ultra Travolta? Tuzxedo may have been a little guido but w/ my ego I can stand there in a speedo and be looked at like a fuckin hero? References to Jesus Walks? GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE? The only nigga I got respect for is Wiz/ I admit I fell in love with Kim round the same time *she* fell in love with him?

Also, are you just listening to Famous over and over?
What about Ultra Light Beams? It's more HOPEFUL than anything he's released in YEARS.

I think you're either going to end up regretting all this trash talk, or Ye's done.

But for right now, I'm the biggest Yeezy fan on this board. That's for damn sure. Gimme that throne, bitch!!
LOL.. it's not just that man. This album simply isn't as good lyrically (in my opinion), and I don't really see an artistic merit in it. Of course my opinion might change when the final version drops, if it's much better.. but I don't love what I've heard so far.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.12.2016, 10:33 AM   #444
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
"Now if I fuck this model
And she just bleached her asshole
And I get bleach on my T-shirt
I'mma feel like an asshole"

Old 02.12.2016, 10:34 AM   #445
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Louder, with all due respect, you keep talking about not living up to expectations....

I think you've fallen for the smear campaign. Pitchfork and Rollinfb Stone predicted that this would be his first bad album and I think you have bought into the hype a bit. You've lost confidence in Ye's creative decision making and you're turning the whole "first ever disappointing album" thing into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

When Yeezus came out I didn't have faith in Ye, and you did. I was worried, it sounded choppy, sounded corny at times, didn't come across like a fully realized concept. But that changed as I listened more, and when the physical copy came out it made much more sense.

Remember you're listening to an unfinished product. STILL. New albums never sound cohesive when they first drop, via leak or stream or whatever, and you don't have that *album* experience, just a kind of ghost version of it.

Now I may be ballz out nuts for Kanye at this point, but I stil listened with my lips wrapped around my teeth, gritting, waiting for to disappoint me.

And it did not disappoint me. It sounded, oddly, a LOT like a Kanye West "Let it Be" ... Returning to soulful elements of his early music while keeping the aggressiveness and hard edge of his later work.

Father Stretch my Hands and its contributions from Chance the Rapper? DUDE! HOW DID YOU NOT LOVE THAT?

As for the video game... Who cares? Why are you suddenly so worried about the celebrity/gossip shit? I thought you knew that in order to truly appreciate Ye, you have to just focus on the music and leave everything else, including your expectations, at the door.

This annihilates any other album this year and I haven't even heard it all the way through yet.
Old 02.12.2016, 10:36 AM   #446
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
"Now if I fuck this model
And she just bleached her asshole
And I get bleach on my T-shirt
I'mma feel like an asshole"

Hello, ever heard a little song called "I'm in it?" What about "Blame Game?" Nothing new here. See my above post.

You've gone over to the dark side bro. By which I mean the white side, in this case. I'm hurt. I'm genuinely, truly, fully, blown away.

You have given me AIDS, brother. My heart hurts and aches for days of yore!!!
Old 02.12.2016, 10:36 AM   #447
louder
invito al cielo

This is just my opinion on the stream. Not the album itself as we haven't heard that yet.
Old 02.12.2016, 10:41 AM   #448
louder
invito al cielo

The Chance verse was great. It felt like he came overdressed for the occasion.
Old 02.12.2016, 10:44 AM   #449
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
actual conversion between me and my wife:

me - "New Kanye album tomorrow."

her - "Surprised he has time with his fashion work."

me - "Fashion?"

her - "Yeah he has a fashion line now."

me - "I don't know anything about that."

her - "One of Kim's sisters is modeling for his line."

me - (shrug)
Old 02.12.2016, 10:45 AM   #450
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
The Chance verse was great. It felt like he came overdressed for the occasion.

that's how Chance is. He kills it on other people's songs. Like that track on Dedication 4 (or 5?) or "Baby Blue" w/ Bronson.
Old 02.12.2016, 11:04 AM   #451
louder
invito al cielo

As expected.. new tracklist, again:

Old 02.12.2016, 11:09 AM   #452
noisereductions
invito al cielo

interesting.

I like that more songs were added rather than taken away. I like that "Parties" is back on the tracklist.

I think it's safe to say that the album didn't get released yesterday since the tracklisting still isnt 100% haha.
Old 02.12.2016, 11:11 AM   #453
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
what a mess. never seen such crazy publicity around an album's release date.

and that cover and album preview/fashion show stunt yesterday gave me nightmares. the kardashians are hideous monsters.

wheer did you see that?
Old 02.12.2016, 11:12 AM   #454
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Taylor Swift > Kim Kardashian

perhaps in some categories. In others she is far far < than Kim K.
Old 02.12.2016, 11:28 AM   #455
noisereductions
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
perhaps in some categories. In others she is far far < than Kim K.

in the category of "which does NR find attractive" there is no contest on this one.
Old 02.12.2016, 11:45 AM   #456
noisereductions
invito al cielo

I don't think I understand the point of Twitter. Isn't it supposed to be like a short post? But everyone does like 15 of them in a row. It's like they're making a FB post but breaking it up into single sentences. Weird.
Old 02.12.2016, 11:51 AM   #457
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Only "old farts" use twitter these days. Kanye for one...
Old 02.12.2016, 11:56 AM   #458
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
As expected.. new tracklist, again:

HELL YEAH, BUDDY!!!
That's fucking AWESOME!!

Here I thought I'd found myself a copy of the new Ye album, and I'm loading. It onto my iPod to listen on my way to work, and BAM, there's another half an album out there!!!
Old 02.12.2016, 12:04 PM   #459
Severian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
in the category of "which does NR find attractive" there is no contest on this one.

I would probably have to admit to finding both of them attractive. But I'd feel like a criminal if I said anything sexual about Taylor. So young.

Kim is more my speed physically speaking. Sometimes she's gross as hell, but under all the crap she's almost unnervingly beautiful to me. Sometimes, when she's looking normal and not posing, I think, "Ok, I see how someone could fall in love with her." Something in her eyes seems very real. Not sure if it's actually there, probably not, but she's gorgeous.

Sexually, I definitely get it.
I have had my share of thin blonde girlfriends, but all the heavy relationships of my life, including my current--Jesus, gaining on 8 year-- partnership have been with darker girls with tons of character and features outside the blonde/blue/tall/leggy "Taylor" box.

So I say Kim.

Then again I've never seen the Kardashians. And I like Taylor Swift's music sometimes.
Old 02.12.2016, 12:06 PM   #460
Severian
invito al cielo

Oddly enough I feel like NR was right all along ... I feel like "Only One" could have actually worked on this album.

Man when the choir kicks in on "Ultra Light Beams" I feel like someone's pumping nostalgia and heroin right into my heart.
202122 23 2425263373123 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth