Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Post rare or out of print records's links or uploads on here
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.27.2007, 06:55 AM   #281
sarramkrop

The Scientists - Weird Love

Here The Scientists dig through their own vault and blow the dust off twelve sparkling gems from their extensive repertoire. Never before available on one album 'Weird Love' represents a unique collection of re-recordings which span the group's career from 1982 to the end of '85.

(liner notes)

Guitars: Tony Thewlis & Kim Salmon
Drums & Piano: Leanne Chock
Bass Guitar: Boris Sujdovic
Voice: Kim Salmon
Produced by Richard Mazda

The Weird Tracklist:
01. Swampland: A song of yearning for the exotic. Love of the weird.
02. Hell Beach: Two contradictory images to describe the place where only a weird kind of love could blossom and survive.
03. Demolition Derby: Fuelled with a love gone wrong. Abandoned by his co-driver. A man trying to cope with life's thrills and spills.
04. Murderess In A Purple Dress: Bonny and Clyde style love on the run. Admiration of outrageous acts of bravado.
05. We Had Love: Weird Love.
06. Nitro: Dave Brubeck and The Troggs. Very strange marriage.
07. If It's The Last Thing I Do: The story of a man obsessed - who thought Travis Bickle was a good guy.
08. Lead Foot: One man and his truck.
09. When Fate Deals Its Mortal Blow: When all conquers you.
10. Atom Bomb Baby: Hot love is better than a cold war.
11. Set It On Fire: A song of the search for a catalyst to make weird love happen.
12. You Only Live Twice: Nothing weird about loving this song - or its orginal songstress, for that matter

You need more Australian Punk to survive?!. Go to the Twilight Zone (link in the sidebar), there you find the fantastic compilation WHERE BIRDMEN FLEW LP with the debut single 'Frantic Romantic' from The Scientists. And MoogPower (link in the sidebar) post a Kim Salmon record from 1994 - 'Hey Believer'.

download this swampland

password: dorfdiscobraunsfeld
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 07:03 AM   #282
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
^
Damn brilliant album. Well posted, Porky.

sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 07:06 AM   #283
sarramkrop

I don't have that one, do you?

Oh, and thanks you lovely people for all that you have posted above.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 07:11 AM   #284
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
COIL, Time Machines (1998? - analog drone)

Very good drones to start with if you're not familiar with the genre, particularly tracks 1 and 2. This side project from COIL was anonymous and sold as TIME MACHINES, it had nothing in common with the 80s COIL, these very tense drones were probably created with analog synthetizers.

http://tontonmahood.blogspot.com/200...log-drone.html

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/21805449/Time_Machines.zip.html

#1 7-Methoxy-ß-Carboline: (Telepathine) (23:10)
#2 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-Ethyl-Amphetamine: (DOET/Hecate) (13:28)
#3 5-Methoxy-N,N-Dimethyl: (5-MeO-DMT) (10:02)
#4 4-Indolol,3-[2-(Dimethylamino)Ethyl],Phosphate Ester: (Psilocybin)(26:51)

jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 07:25 AM   #285
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I don't have that one, do you?
I used to have, in the days before debt made me sell most of my record collection.

Old 07.27.2007, 09:05 AM   #286
sarramkrop

V/A - "Lest We Forget" Berkeley Compilation Tape
Re-release Date: 12/13/2004

"Lest We Forget"
was originally compiled and released by Aaron Elliot of the acclaimed fanzine Cometbus (and drummer for Crimpshrine and Pinhead Gunpowder) in 1991 to document the Berkeley punk scene of the 80's. I don't want to be accused of wild exaggeration by saying the music here is exactly essential (although there's some great stuff here) but it is absolutely essential to appreciate the why, who, and how of what was being created at the time. Their output has had a significant impact on today's music. You can connect the influential dots from this tape to Maximum Rock'n'Roll to Operation Ivy to Green Day to whatever indie/punk act you're listening to right now.

Close to 90 minutes of music are presented here as two rather large MP3 files. Instead of splitting each band's track(s) for individual download, this approach is an effort to preserve the original intent of compilation tape curators - listen to side one in its entirety, flip it, hit play and listen to all of side two. Also, it would have been an incredible amount of work to make separate files for each song and I'm incredibly lazy. Complete liner notes are included too. Enjoy.

Note: The original tape was made from other tapes, even 3rd or 4th generation copies so don't expect great quality. If you have problems downloading the files, feel free to email me: info (at) krucoff (dot) com

Side 1 (43MB) :: Side 2 (43MB)

Cassette Inlay (2.36MB)

http://theotherpage.com/music/top001.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.27.2007, 12:50 PM   #287
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure if this has been posted before.

Sun City Girls - Carnival Folklore Resurrection Radio

Limited edition of 400. Originally aired on Brian Turner's WFMU radio show in November of 2002, this 2 CD set covers several areas of the SCG spectrum. You'll find elements of radio collage (from Thailand and beyond), trio Improv, pseudo-Rock, Folk, French and Italian pop, Noise, ethereal space music, answering machine messages, Uncle Jim rants, lounge, field recordings, fucked-up Hip-Hop and much MORE. Truly an essential SCG release. The set also features the SCG soundtrack music to the opening shot from Harmony Korine's British TV documentary of David Blaine's 44 day fast in a suspended glass box over London and an excerpt from an actual Masonic Funeral! Several of the songs have been re-mixed from the original aired broadcast and ALL of the expletives from Uncle Jim's "Ghengis Necroma-KHAN" have been restored (during the broadcast on WFMU they were deleted by processed sound). [SCG.com]

Disc 1
Disk 2
Old 07.27.2007, 01:47 PM   #288
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the SCG! GREAT FIND!

Does anybody have the first Rapeman 7 inch? Marmoset is a different take than the one on Two Nuns... HOTTER take I might add.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh
I'm not sure if this has been posted before.

Sun City Girls - Carnival Folklore Resurrection Radio

Limited edition of 400. Originally aired on Brian Turner's WFMU radio show in November of 2002, this 2 CD set covers several areas of the SCG spectrum. You'll find elements of radio collage (from Thailand and beyond), trio Improv, pseudo-Rock, Folk, French and Italian pop, Noise, ethereal space music, answering machine messages, Uncle Jim rants, lounge, field recordings, fucked-up Hip-Hop and much MORE. Truly an essential SCG release. The set also features the SCG soundtrack music to the opening shot from Harmony Korine's British TV documentary of David Blaine's 44 day fast in a suspended glass box over London and an excerpt from an actual Masonic Funeral! Several of the songs have been re-mixed from the original aired broadcast and ALL of the expletives from Uncle Jim's "Ghengis Necroma-KHAN" have been restored (during the broadcast on WFMU they were deleted by processed sound). [SCG.com]

Disc 1
Disk 2
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.28.2007, 12:15 PM   #289
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

Sun City Girls - The Multiple Hallucinations of an Assassin
1987: C-60 (Cloaven Cassettes - 16)

Outtakes from the Torch of the Mystics sessions, circa 1987–88. Exotica with a capital X using two electric guitars and drums.

Side A

1. Scarlet Prism Death Dance
2. Amazon One
3. Esoterica of Abyssynia
4. Space Prophet Dogon

Side B

1. Where Eyes Fly Low
2. The Multiple Hallucinations of an Assassin

http://www.badongo.com/nl/file/3726924
Awesome!
Old 07.28.2007, 12:31 PM   #290
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Sunn O))) La Mort Noir dans Esch/Alzette

Super limited tour only discs sold on Sunn O)))'s last big jaunt. It's a pity these weren't made more widely available, because the material here is potent stuff. Lots of Sunn satellites appear, such as Dylan Carlson of Earth, Malefic of Xasthur provides mean vocals, and there's some fucked up trombone shit on "Hallow Cave" courtesy of Steve Moore who's playing trombone for the current incarnation of Earth. Hope this is droney enough for you.

1. Orthodox Caveman
2. Hallow Cave
3. Reptile Lux
4. Candlegoat - Bathori

http://www.badongo.com/nl/file/3734336
Old 07.31.2007, 07:00 PM   #291
fugazifan
invito al cielo

fugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's assesfugazifan kicks all y'all's asses
sarramkrop or tokolosh or anybody. i have a request. does anybody have an old blues album by a guy named sam moore, he plays the saw. and it is brilliant. i was played this album once and it was so incrediably beautiful. the only place that sells it is this japanese label (EM maybe) and their site is in jabanese, so i cannot understand it. so if anybody has this album to upload id be much obliged. and i am aware that there was an R&B sunger named sam moore, but this is not the same guy. my guy ws in the 20s 30s and played a saw.
thanks

www.myspace.com/dellilahtheband
www.myspace.com/lecirquedesvampiresmusic
fugazifan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2007, 03:57 AM   #292
sarramkrop

Some pre - Les Rallizes Denudes action:

The Jacks

Too original to fit under the Group Sounds moniker. This song is the b-side of their 1st 45, but was left off their lp, Vacant World. Great sound influenced by the San Francisco Bay area sounds, especially the Jefferson Airplane. Unlike other japanese groups of the era, the Jacks didn't slavishly copy sounds or even cover famous songs of the day.

mp3

The Jacks - Ii Ko da Ne (Nice Girl, Isn't she)

http://www.garagehangover.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2007, 04:33 AM   #293
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
sarramkrop or tokolosh or anybody. i have a request. does anybody have an old blues album by a guy named sam moore, he plays the saw. and it is brilliant. i was played this album once and it was so incrediably beautiful. the only place that sells it is this japanese label (EM maybe) and their site is in jabanese, so i cannot understand it. so if anybody has this album to upload id be much obliged. and i am aware that there was an R&B sunger named sam moore, but this is not the same guy. my guy ws in the 20s 30s and played a saw.
thanks

You can listen to 'old black joe' off the album that nefeli posted on here(real audio):

http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/19498
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2007, 07:19 AM   #294
sonicl
invito al cielo

(Do not adjust your set, the sleeve is meant to look like that)

Loren MazzaCane Connors - Long Nights CD
Table of the Elements Calcium TOE-CD-20, US
Released: October 1995
Recorded: 1995
Loren MazzaCane Connors, electric guitar

Tracks:
1. Long Nights I
2. Long Nights II
3. Long Nights III/Long Nights IV
4. Long Nights V
5. Long Nights VI

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fduf6n
Old 08.01.2007, 07:42 AM   #295
sarramkrop

John Fahey's Mill Pond Double EP (MP3s)

John Fahey occupies a unique place in the history of modern guitar music. He was able to merge country blues with influences like Bela Bartok, Charles Ives, and Indian ragas and somehow make it all work. Later he experimented with tape manipulation, samples, and even played the electric guitar. Apart from his own music, we have to thank Fahey for rediscovering blues musicians Skip James and Bukka White in the 60s and bringing them back into the recording studio. And for starting the careers of Robbie Basho, Leo Kottke, and George Winston on his Takoma label.
While Fahey earned a lot of respect for his music and influenced many other musicians, from Folk and New Age to Sonic Youth and Cul de Sac, he never really fit into any particular genre. And if that didn't already make him an outsider, he dissed the whole folk scene (Quote: "I remember when you'd go into a folk store, there'd always be a big sign up, 'Should Pete Seeger Go To Jail?' I'd always say, 'Absolutely. Because he sings such lousy music.'"), hated hippies, and despised New Age. When he was rediscovered by the indie crowd in the mid-90s, he collaborated with Cul de Sac and Jim O'Rourke and dismissed some of his own earlier work. To quote his old-time friend and collaborator Dr. Demento: "John did not really know the meaning of the word 'tact.' Or at least if he did, it didn't apply to him. He said what he thought, drunk or sober. Even if it hurt his own career and even if he knew it might, he still said what he felt."
His comeback in the mid-90s after a long fight with Epstein-Barr syndrome and heavy drinking was certainly helped by the release of an excellent 2-CD compilation "Return of the Repressed" by Rhino and two articles about Fahey by Byron Coley in Spin Magazine, all in 1994. At the time Fahey was living in a motel room in Salem, Oregon, where he subsequently recorded the Mill Pond Double EP and the full-length album "City of Refuge". The Mill Pond album was released in a very limited vinyl-only edition on Little Brother Records, and it is long out of print. So I offer an MP3 rip of my copy, unfortunately with a bit of surface noise, most notably on the first track. It is amazing lo-fi experimental stuff with some great Fahey vocals.

Disk 1: Ghosts | Garbage
Disk 2: You Can't Cool Off In The Millpond, You Can Only Die | The Mill Pond Drowns Hope

http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2007/0...aheys-mil.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.01.2007, 11:30 AM   #296
SonicSam
children of satan

SonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's assesSonicSam kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
V/A - "Lest We Forget" Berkeley Compilation Tape
Re-release Date: 12/13/2004

AMAZING!! Thanks.

SonicSam is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.03.2007, 11:17 PM   #297
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
http://dorfdiscobraunsfeld.blogspot....unit-meat.html

S.P.K. (Surgical Penis Klinik) - Meat Processing Section (7")

PROGRAM:
Side A:
- Mekano
Side B:
- Slogun
PERSONNEL:
EMS AKS: voice, tape, syntheseizer
Ne/H/il: voice, tape, electronic rhythm
Danny Rumour: guitar
David Virgin: bass
NOTES : the third Australian single, re-released on the legendary Industrial label (home of TG). There were ca 2000 copies made : first 1000 had the sticker pasted on the cover or as an insert. The next 1000 had the image printed on the cover. "Mekano" is listed as "Factory" on the record label but as "Mekano" on the sleeve. "Slogan" is listed as "Slogun" on the sleeve and as "Slogan" on the label.

S.P.K. (System Planning Korporation) - Information Overload Unit

PROGRAM:
Side A (aka Face ULTRA):
- Emanation Machine R. Gie 1916
- Suture Obsession
- Macht Schrecken
- Berufsverbot
Side B (aka Face HYPER):
- Ground Zero: Infinity Dose
- Stammheim Torturkammer
- Retard
- Epilept: Convulse
- Kaltbruchig Acideath
PERSONNEL:
Operator: synthesizers, rhythms, treatments, vocals
Wilkins: guitar, bass, tapes, vocals
Tone Generator : synthesizers, treatments
Mr. Clean: technician
NOTES : The first and legendary LP, recorded in London 1980. Original copies on "Side Effects" came with Dokument 1. The 1991 reissue by Mike Wilkins - limited to 23 numbered copies, each with a different layout - came with Dokument 1+10.

pass: dorfdiscobraunsfeld
Old 08.03.2007, 11:43 PM   #298
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
thanks

buy it.

MOORE, SAM
MOOOHIEEE!
(EM Records)
cd

Subtitled: Musical Saw And Hawaiian Guitar Soli Recorded In Early 1920s. That's what it is, and it's SO GOOD! We're in love with this sepia-toned collection of old time tunes, some of them lively rags, others sad slowed-down ballads made even sadder by the unique sound of the saw.
If Japan's EM Records (the same label responsible for reissuing both the "Symphony of the Birds" and the Moolah records we raved about last list) has anything to do with it, pretty soon we'll have a whole little "musical saw" section here at Aquarius! It's one of their several weird, wonderful obsessions (along with thrift-store exotica LPs, obscure '70s New Age psych, pioneering electronic experiments, etc.) and so there's a slew of releases on EM featuring the gorgeous, if sometimes gimmicky (but not here!) sound of the musical saw.
We're gonna start you out with this, music by Sam Moore, an early 20th century master of the musical saw ... who also plays a mean guitar too, and who is accompanied on most of these tracks by another talent of the era, Horace Davis. (Roy Smeck and Frank Banta also make appearances.) You'll get to hear Moore's "Octo-chord" (an 8-string steel guitar) alongside the "harp-guitar" (a guitar outfitted with extra, resonating strings) of Davis on their hit, the "Laughing Rag". But it's the tracks with the musical saw that grab us the most. Listening to those, you'll understand why this instrument, steel bent and bowed, is also often called the "singing saw". It's got a definite vocal timbre, maybe also a bit like the electronic Theremin in that regard. Wavering, wordlessly moaning, haunting and eerie. MOOOHIEEE! (Man, we'd love to hear John Jacob Niles accompanied by a singing saw, if such a recording were to exist. That would be perfect.)
Some background: Sam Moore (1887-1959), was a child musical prodigy who, having quickly mastered the violin, guitar and banjo, soon developed an interest in playing more eccentric, unconventional "instruments" as well. He'd been doing so from a young age -- Moore's father once claimed that Sam, as a child, had been able to "get music out of a pitchfork" (!) although sadly, no recordings exist to prove it... But we do know that at one point Sam Moore was part of a vaudeville act called "Spooning And Ballooning" in which he played an inflated rubber balloon, dueting with another fellow who played the spoons (of course). Another of his unusual instrumental specialties was (as documented on much of this fantastic cd) the carpenter's steel hand saw, which is something of a Southern folk music-making tradition. 'Round about 1918 Moore had taken to playing the saw, and was able to capitalize on the fad for the instrument in the early '20s, bringing his sawing skills to New York City's famed Ziegfeld's Follies for a successful stint on stage circa 1920-21. Although that fad soon faded, Sam Moore never abandoned the saw, keeping it in his instrumental repertoire as his career stretched into the '40s and '50s.
All the recordings found here date from Sam's sawing heyday in the Twenties... 13 tracks all taken from rare old 78 rpm records treasured by collectors. That these vintage recordings, warm and crackly, are so burnished with the patina of the past only makes sound all the better to our ears. EM has fitted this out in handsome digipack, the only disappointment being that the extensive liner notes are pretty much all in Japanese...

MPEG Stream: "Mother Machree"
MPEG Stream: "My Old Hawaiian Home"
MPEG Stream: "Old Black Joe"

www.aquariusrecords.org
Old 08.04.2007, 08:48 PM   #299
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
There's been some amazing music posted recently, thanks a lot everyone!
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.04.2007, 08:56 PM   #300
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh

Sunn O))) La Mort Noir dans Esch/Alzette

Super limited tour only discs sold on Sunn O)))'s last big jaunt. It's a pity these weren't made more widely available, because the material here is potent stuff. Lots of Sunn satellites appear, such as Dylan Carlson of Earth, Malefic of Xasthur provides mean vocals, and there's some fucked up trombone shit on "Hallow Cave" courtesy of Steve Moore who's playing trombone for the current incarnation of Earth. Hope this is droney enough for you.

1. Orthodox Caveman
2. Hallow Cave
3. Reptile Lux
4. Candlegoat - Bathori

http://www.badongo.com/nl/file/3734336

This look's great, but i'm not sure how to download it, it says there are two seperate file's to download and merge together, yet the the file merger application doesnt seem to work for me.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
121314 15 1617182565 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth