Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page WTF was with Kimmel show??
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.12.2006, 03:08 PM   #21
mooger_fooger
bad moon rising

mooger_fooger ain't too shabbymooger_fooger ain't too shabby
Thurston Moore, Kim Gordon and The Sonic Youth E-Street Band
mooger_fooger is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 03:19 PM   #22
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
during the televised segment, due to time constraints I like how they cut out of Reena half way thru the song... that's shitty... i remember how that happened once before back in 1994 when SY appeared on the John Stewart Show and the Starfield Road was cut at the end of the program.

the camera work was abit less than typical, they had a large focus on whoever was singing the song which is expected but they had soe interesting angles but the timing to cut from one camera to the next was kinda poorly done... especially during incinerate during the guitar dualing/solo section the flipped from kim to steve and then thurston with no lee???

yeah again little lee...

i taped the broaddcast because i was busy witnessing and recording the most splendid Vampire Belt gig... Corsano and Nace kill, see them if you can and buy their plastic...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 03:21 PM   #23
soniknirve
the destroyed room

soniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's assessoniknirve kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
during the televised segment, I like how the cut out of Reena half way thru the song... that's shitty...
they do that for every band when they play a second song...
soniknirve is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 03:22 PM   #24
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
I don't really like it when bands play the same song twice on separate tv appearances. It bores me. I thought they should have played something other than Incinerate. Maybe Rats. Give Lee some goddamn tv time. It;s always Thurston or Kim. lee writes songs too, guys!

Usually the best ones.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 03:34 PM   #25
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Kill yr TV
gmku is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 03:34 PM   #26
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by soniknirve
they do that for every band when they play a second song...

didn't know that, because i don't watch that show or their "concert series"...
that kinda lame they do that to all the artists...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 05:39 PM   #27
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
didn't know that, because i don't watch that show or their "concert series"...
that kinda lame they do that to all the artists...
Yeah, but most times when bands appear on late night shows they do one song only anyways. I really like the whole outdoor summer concert series idea. I would go a lot more if I lived closer to Hollywood.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 07:36 PM   #28
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
I thought that the camera takes on the band were pretty poor. I liked the angles, but their timing was way off. During the "solo" of Incinerate when Thurston slides his hand up the neck to create that high, squeeky sound, the cameraman cuts to Steve???????!!!!!!! Bad idea. Just goes to show you that the producers/cameramen on the show didn't really care about the band enough to know the song and plan out the camera shots ahead of time.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 07:39 PM   #29
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Also, there was very little Lee. Plenty of Kim camera time, who doesn't have as much to do with the song as Lee, yet they show her more. I mean, come on, Lee is the strongest guitarist in SY and a vital member who helped shape SY's sound as much as Thurston and Kim, if not more so. Perhaps because Kim looks younger than Lee? She still has a great body and from a certain distance, she still looks like she's in her early 30's. Lee is noticabley late-midddle-aged with his graying hair.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 08:42 PM   #30
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
She still has a great body and from a certain distance, she still looks like she's in her early 30's.

Kim looks great, but unless you're blind, there's no way she looks like she's in her early 30's.

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 10:06 PM   #31
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
I was extremely annoyed by all of the ads everywhere.
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 10:24 PM   #32
swimsuitissue
little trouble girl

swimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-festswimsuitissue has tongues queuing up for a rim-fest
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisemachine
They televised two but they played 9.
They played:

Incinerate
Reena
What a Waste
Rats
Rapture
Catholic Block
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
Shaking Hell
The new songs sound great live, don't you think!?!
11/19/88 Hollywood, CA; 08/017/90 Hollywood, CA; 09/26/92 Castaic Lake, CA; 07/23/00 Los Angeles, CA; 07/09/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/10/06 Los Angeles, CA; 09/28/06 Los Angeles, CA; 07/20/07 Los Angeles, CA

Television: chewing gum for the eyes. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright
swimsuitissue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.12.2006, 10:36 PM   #33
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
mark ibold makes them look old, esspecially being from such a dated band.
Old 07.12.2006, 10:57 PM   #34
Gookid
children of satan

Gookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to beholdGookid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
I was extremely annoyed by all of the ads everywhere.
No kidding! Pontiac and beer ads everywhere. Blah.

"Yes, I am a fag. Thanks for noticing!"
--HaydenAsche
Gookid is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth