Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page louder's hip-hop café VII
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

 
Thread Tools
Old 06.19.2018, 01:04 AM   #441
louder
invito al cielo
 
louder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,283
louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
And yet... not exactly the most heartbreaking death ever.

Sorry. This is terrible and I’m against all violence and loss of life, but this guy was loving, breathing, walking shit. Should have been boycotted/canceled.

It’s objectively sad, but it’s hard for me to get sad about it. Guy raped a girl with a fire iron. That’s just one of his many unspeakable acts that bro-fans continue to defend while blaming the victim.

The whole outrage over Kanye is ridiculous considering people are going to be burning candles for this fuckwit.

But RIP. Wish he hadn’t died and had just gone to jail for life.
I agree. I see people talking about "karma", but if karma was real he would have gone to jail and paid for the crimes he's committed. Death is tragic but for someone like him it was the easy way out.

"Jocelyn Flores" is a good rap song though, I'll give him that.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2018, 06:36 AM   #442
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,438
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
It's Beyonce. She's desperate to stay trendy among young girls.

Sucks because Hov was on the right path with 4:44, and now he's regressing. I wouldn't even be mad if that was his final album, I don't think he's going to top it.

He’s not going to too 4:44. Honestly, he was lucky to get away with releasing a throwback album of soul beats and reflective lyrics in this age of hip-hop. And even though it was great, nobody who wasn’t already a Jay fan liked it.

He needs to retire.

I think Kanye might be nearing that point as well, but I’d like to see one last big epic win for the record books, perhaps with the public apology everyone wants, so he can go down in history. His “Abbey Road,” if you will.
Only in Kanye’s case I hope he produced until the day he dies.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2018, 07:21 AM   #443
louder
invito al cielo
 
louder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,283
louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
He’s not going to too 4:44. Honestly, he was lucky to get away with releasing a throwback album of soul beats and reflective lyrics in this age of hip-hop. And even though it was great, nobody who wasn’t already a Jay fan liked it.

He needs to retire.

I think Kanye might be nearing that point as well, but I’d like to see one last big epic win for the record books, perhaps with the public apology everyone wants, so he can go down in history. His “Abbey Road,” if you will.
Only in Kanye’s case I hope he produced until the day he dies.
Kanye will definitely keep producing, he seems to be passionate and inspired nowadays..
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2018, 12:27 PM   #444
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,438
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Kanye will definitely keep producing, he seems to be passionate and inspired nowadays..

I wonder if he’ll climb out of this hole he’s in with half the country though.
I really like Ye, but already TLOP and Yeezus give me better vibes because of the memories ... positive reviews everywhere, hype like crazy.

HOWEVER...
Kanye has two top 5 albums on the Billboard 200 chart right now. Pretty impressive.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2018, 02:39 AM   #445
louder
invito al cielo
 
louder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,283
louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I wonder if he’ll climb out of this hole he’s in with half the country though.
I really like Ye, but already TLOP and Yeezus give me better vibes because of the memories ... positive reviews everywhere, hype like crazy.

HOWEVER...
Kanye has two top 5 albums on the Billboard 200 chart right now. Pretty impressive.
Yeezus was pretty polarizing though.. Pablo had mild critical acclaim (Pitchfork aside).
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.20.2018, 06:05 AM   #446
Severian
invito al cielo
 
Severian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,438
Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
Yeezus was pretty polarizing though.. Pablo had mild critical acclaim (Pitchfork aside).

Yeezus was polarizing for fans. It was the most critically acclaimed abum of 2013 though.

TLOP got a few meh reviews, but mostly good ones. Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, Village Voice, Guardian, etc. RS called it a “masterpiece” (shrug)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
13
202122 23
-->

Thread Tools

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth