Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page So i met the cutest girl this weekend
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.02.2007, 02:20 AM   #1
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
My friends and I have very different taste in music, so i spent most of the time at coachella alone, which was fine because i didnt have to worry about anyone not enjoying a band i was watching (or vise versa)
So on saturday while my friends watched Travis and the Kings Of Leon on the main stage, i went ahead and caught MSTRKRFT in the Sahara tent (they were awesome, by the way)
I left the Sahara tent an hour into the MSTRKRFT set so i could score a good spot for !!! at the Mojave tent.
Peter, Bjorn, and John were playing, there was a small crowd watching them so it was easy for me to get to the front
On my way up to the front, i stepped on someones bag, so i turned around so i could apologize and there she was
I apologized, she smiled and said it was okay
So i decided to talk to her for a bit in between one of PB&J's songs
asked her if she was there to see !!! or PB&J
turns out she didnt know who !!! was and totaly dug PB&J (which was a bummer, cause i hate those dudes)
Her friends were off at the outdoor stage getting good spots for the decemberists
So after the PB&J set I asked her if she was staying for the !!! set, she said she wasnt sure, so i told her they were awesome live and so on, so she decided to stay
Found out she was from New Mexico, goes to school @ UT, etc.
We watched !!! and she was totally diggin them, smoked a joint during Pardon my freedom and sprayed silly string in the air (i brought 3 cans).
After they finished up, she asked if i was going to see the arcade fire, i told her i wasnt sure because i didnt dig much of their music and I wanted to check out Busy P & DJ Mehdi (of the Ed Banger crew) at the Sahara tent
She said it was only fair i'd go because i convinced her to stay for !!!, she also did not want to go alone.
So we worked our way to the main stage, got really close to the front of the stage
Chatted some more about music, life, friends, lovers, etc.etc. while the Arcade Fire set up
They came on, blew my mind away
After they played Wake Up, i told her i had to leave, because Justice, one of the acts i was very hyped about, was about to perform
I apologized and told her i'd see her later
She decided to come along with me because she had already seen AF perform 3 times (one of those being thursday night in San Diego, which pretty much was the same setlist)
We smoked another joint on the way to the sahara, got some frozen lemonade
Had a blast dancing during Justice (which was probably the performance i most enjoyed)
After Justice we met up with her friends, they all wanted to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers
I sacrificed catching LCD Soundsystem perform to hang out with her
My friends ended up meeting up with me during the RHCP set, i introduced them to her friends
We all went to The Rapture and headed out 30 minutes before their set was over
They came back to our hotel to party for a couple of hours
One of her friends ended up sleeping over with my friend that i was sharing a room with, so i ended up having to sleep on the floor in my other friends room

We all met up the next day for brunch, everyone talked about how excited they were about rage
My friends were being dumb and painted the letters "R", "A", "G", and "E" on their chests to impress the girls or something
We headed over to Coachella after brunch
My friends and her friends hung out at the main stage during The Roots, Willie Nelson, Crowded House, and Manu Chao to get good spots for Rage Against The Machine (which was stupid because this girl and i were able to get good spots after Manu Chao)
So we went and saw Rodrigo Y Gabriela (they were so awesome, they KILLED IT!), CSS (who i didnt really care to see, but i guess they were okay, she really enjoyed them), Richie Hawtin (which had the Sahara tent going crazy), PVD (which was alright, a bit too wank trance for me), AIR (whos set was cut to 30 minutes because of technical difficulties! AHHH! we were so mad about that), some of Manu Chao (who were pretty groovy), and then Rage (we worked our way up to the front but it got too chaotic before they came on, so she wanted to move back over by the soundbooth. i was kinda bummed out about that but it turned out to be a good spot)
After rage, we hung out under one of the palm tree leaves while we waited for our friends
I made a move, we kissed, said our goodbyes

I arrived home, realized i had a girlfriend that ive been dating for almost 2 years (next month), felt really shitty, and now im just confused
Dont know what i should do
I still love her, i guess
but i really like this girl that I met
i guess i'm not even sure if that will ever go anywhere anyways
but i would feel wrong if i end up falling for this girl completely

anyways, she (the girl i met) txted me today and asked if i was still coming to austin next week (one of my friends has a lake house on lake travis and invited her friends and her to come hang out and party for the weekend)
I havent responded yet because i dont know if i should go or stay home
Should i wait it out? Tell my girlfriend whats going on? Seems like the worst idea ever, but the best. Graaaah.

Anyways, Advice would be greatly appreciated, beacuse all of my friends are douchebags when it comes to this kind of stuff.
For example, one of my friends was like "Dude, threesome!"

god, i love wine.
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 02:30 AM   #2
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i say stick with your girlfriend and if you happen to run into this girl again in 5 yrs then you go with her
Old 05.02.2007, 02:40 AM   #3
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
You stop hoggin the chicks from us single guys. D:<

just kiddin, sounds like you didn't have the "absolutely blown away" love experience that would call for you to consider moving away from your girlfriend.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 03:10 AM   #4
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, but that takes time, you know?
it just doesnt happen in a second (or at least, i dont think it does)
plus, she was way fun and down to earth
great sense of humor, laughs a lot, has pretty good music taste, etc.
but then again, i guess i havent known her for that long

she's the complete opposite of my girlfriend who is so materialistic and serious (which isnt bad, i enjoy her seriousness i suppose), but she is a blast when she drinks.

im thinking that i might be with her because i feel i cant do better and its comfortable
but i do love her... i believe.
i guess its one of those things in which time will tell
...but in the mean time, should i go to austin or not?

edit: she's monica potters twin seperated at birth, i swear

Old 05.02.2007, 03:14 AM   #5
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
you could always do a 5 year montage.....they go by pretty quick
Old 05.02.2007, 03:18 AM   #6
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

hahahaha.
Old 05.02.2007, 03:18 AM   #7
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Go, if things get a little too serious then tell the girl that you aren't comfortable. I wouldn't tell your girlfriend about her since, like you said, you don't know her all that much.

Test the water of this new girls personality, if that makes sense. Recon mission.

But that's just me and I'm single.
Old 05.02.2007, 03:20 AM   #8
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

would it be wrong though?
i mean, of course, it's wrong...
but how else can i find out?
either way its not fair to her, i suppose
Old 05.02.2007, 03:26 AM   #9
pbradley
invito al cielo

How serious are you two?
Old 05.02.2007, 03:32 AM   #10
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

well, we've been on and off for almost 2 years.
serious, but not like engaged serious or anything
i'm pretty sure my parents would disown me if i broke up with her, though

honestly, she could find someone a thousand times better than me(or at least, more compatible with her i suppose), yet, she's still here with me
which is why i feel horrible about this situation
Old 05.02.2007, 04:54 AM   #11
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses

Ahjaaaaak!!!!!!
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 05:47 AM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I had this problem once...

...but I decided to stick with my girlfriend (4 years as of last Monday), and I realized the crush that I had, the cute chick who I hung out with and thought was amazing, had a lot of shit about her I could never stand to be with. if you and your girlfriend have a pretty decent and happy relationship, it's probably not worth risking it...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 05:54 AM   #13
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
The eternal dilemma between passion and reason... There's no right answer.

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 06:06 AM   #14
Dues
little trouble girl

Dues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to all
True, there is no right or wrong in the choices you make, be they one or the other. But ethics do apply to the way you treat those dear to you. Take responsability for your actions when it comes to matters of the heart, because they're hard enough as it is (as they are beautiful). Piece of future advice: think before you get yourself in those situations you're not capable of handling.

- - -
edit: I just read a passage in an interview and I found it quite applicable to what I was saying. The interviewer asks the interviewee (W. Herzog) what philosophical insights he would like to pass on to the world:

"I can answer your question only by quoting hotel mogul Conrad Hilton, who was once asked what he would like to pass on to posterity. 'Whenever you take a shower, always make sure the curtain is inside the tub,' he said. So I sit here and recommend to people the same. Never ever forget the shower curtain."

The true test, after all, is to be like everyone else. Once that happens, he no longer has to question his singularity. He is free—not only of others, but of himself.

Dues is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 06:15 AM   #15
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
Agree with you. He must be honest with both to avoid future problems.

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 06:16 AM   #16
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

just take my advice.
Old 05.02.2007, 06:21 AM   #17
Dues
little trouble girl

Dues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to allDues is a name known to all
For the record: I'm not saying you should tell either one of them. I'm just saying that if you don't, you'd better be certain they're the kind of people that prefer not knowing over knowing (rare as those are).

The true test, after all, is to be like everyone else. Once that happens, he no longer has to question his singularity. He is free—not only of others, but of himself.

Dues is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 06:28 AM   #18
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
"Deus" means "God" in Latin.

And yeah I agree with what you wrote.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 06:28 AM   #19
jico.
expwy. to yr skull

jico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's assesjico. kicks all y'all's asses
shit, that's a long text in a foreign language.
jico. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2007, 07:02 AM   #20
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
I think you shouldn't go...
You are having doubts enough to ask a bunch of Sonic Youth fans what to do, so you can't be that crazy about her. You had a fun time at the festival, and you clearly like this girl, but the fact that you have even the tiniest seed of doubt means that you should not ruin things with yr g/f for her. If you go see her, inevitably things will happen, and it'll just make the whole situation more complicated and unpleasant.

From what you've said about yr girlfriend (her being able to get someone 'a thousand times better') it seems that yr pretty insecure (maybe I'm wrong here...?) and maybe the attention from this new girl is giving you a confidence boost that yr enjoying? Maybe I'm reading to much into things here, and forgive me if I am, but I know it's easy to feel flattered when someone new likes you, and it can be dificult to see past that.

Just my two cents. Feel free to ignore!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth