Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page the redneck manifesto.....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.01.2008, 12:49 PM   #1
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
these guys are from ireland and you should give a shit!!!!

awesome band.. check em...

Formed in August 1998 from the ashes of four of Dublin's finest hardcore bands, The Redneck Manifesto introduced themselves to Dublin audiences by way of a number of 7" singles on their own Greyslate label as well as a split 7" on Road Relish. It was however their debut album 'Thirty Six Strings' recorded by Alan O'Boyle (Decal) and released as a joint venture with French label Red F Records that harnessed the power of their increasingly passionate, tight and hypnotic instrumental live shows. 'Thirty Six Strings' warmly received by press and fans alike was acclaimed 'Irish album of the year' for 2001 by the Event Guide (dublin magazine).

In March 2002 the band set off on their first headline European tour and in a bid to help defray tour costs intended releasing a tour EP but instead came up with a companion piece to 'Thirty Six Strings' in the form of their second album 'Cut Your Heart Off From Your Head'. Again recorded with producer Alan O'Boyle this showed the Redneck sound moving forward. Equally receiving very favourable reviews and again being self-released the band found it difficult to keep up with the sales demands the album placed on them. In 2003 The Redneck Manifesto found themselves headlining their stage to a capacity audience at the Witness festival in Ireland. Also in March that year, after featuring on a number of BMX Video soundtracks Stateside and receiving much interest from the US BMX-ing community they travelled to play their first shows in the US and were a huge hit at the 2003 South by South West music festival in Texas.

In March the band travelled to France to record their third album 'I am Brazil'. Recorded in the infamous Black Box Studios by Producer Dave Odlum, the album will no doubt be one of the most eagerly awaited Irish records of the coming year. The album is the first recording as a five piece and as such shows a highly expanded and developed sound moving on from where 'Cut your heart off from your head' left off. The band have been keeping a low profile live in the past year but will be undergoing a full Irish, European and US tourto support the release of the new album in the coming months.

Regarded as one of the country's finest live bands, this innovative and resolutely independent group has bypassed the normal channels of industry hype. The successes they have achieved to date - sold-out venues and snapped-up recordings issued on their own label - have been based entirely on their own merits, hard work and a phenomenal word-of-mouth reputation. 'I am Brazil' will be released on Irish label 'Trust Me I'm A Thief' in September...... written 2006

their website

the trustmeimatheif records website and shop

THE NEW E.P. ENTITLED RMNMN

their new free download e.p. right HERE
try it now....... it is free.....

other great redneck tracks

break my fingers laughing (live)

slow on the uptake (live)

the dillon family dancers

video for the song hibernation statement

video for we still got it

video for take on us

video of live performance of the song i dont speak monkey language from the battles gig last month

great band.. and real damn nice guys too........ check em, you wont be disappointed

i think this band deserve more exposure internationally than they get!

Old 06.01.2008, 12:54 PM   #2
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
man i love these guys
i have 36 strings and I am brazil
superb
u earn rep now
Old 06.01.2008, 12:54 PM   #3
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PAULYBEE2656 again."
oops
Old 06.01.2008, 01:12 PM   #4
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
i know niall byrne (centre in bottom pic) fairly well, well enough to chat away to him for nearly half of the battles gig last month!!!!! i used to be in a band that shared a rehearsal "room" with his older band jackbeast...... they were fucking awesome..

here is an upload of JACKBEASTS only release.. a 10 inch white label mini album.... it fucking rocks .......... JACKBEAST
Old 06.02.2008, 08:58 AM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
are they named after the book/manifesto written by Jim Goad? of ANSWER ME fame?
Old 06.02.2008, 10:16 AM   #6
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

yes they are.....
Old 06.09.2008, 09:35 AM   #7
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

bump cuz there is uploads here you should listen to!
Old 06.09.2008, 10:10 AM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
good band.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2008, 09:05 AM   #9
greedrex
invito al cielo

PAUL!!!!!!! they are back with a new album!!!!
The Redneck Manifesto - Seven Stabs

Seven Stabs is TRM's 4th album and harks back to their slightly heavier sound, as apparent on their 2002 debut Thirty Six Strings. Seven Stabs arguably eclipses that masterpiece of guitar driven rock with 7 tracks, each beautifully crafted with building crescendos, quirky off beat rhythms and a genuinely well laid out album. As goes with The Redneck's instrumental sound, the lack of vocals are more than made up for with the guitar melodies and counter-melodies. Ranging from the very light and catchy opening track, It's Song Time, through the heavier Uno Dos Capos and Seven Stabs, to the dreamy Eld Panter and No One Plans Even, the album finishes on a high with a good old fashioned rock out on Play It By Arm which disappears off into the ether with swirling phased guitar and synth. If you like tight, rhythmic, well constructed instrumental music, this album is definitely for you. If you need vocals to get your aural juices flowing, it might just be a stab in the dark.

(from http://entertainment.ie)
Old 06.28.2008, 09:16 AM   #10
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
also, jackbeast is the best thing ever.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.28.2008, 10:54 AM   #11
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

ha... yeah jackbeast..

here is their only release a white label 10 inch album on greyslate in 1997
band contains niall byrne of rednecks on guitar and vocal
JACKBEAST

AND GREEDREX seven stabs has been released over here (in ireland) for nearly 18 months now. maybe its just got a worldwide deal done now. i know the proper new album is scheduled for release early next year. the guys are not doing any gigs until then seemingly....
Old 06.28.2008, 01:35 PM   #12
greedrex
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656

AND GREEDREX seven stabs has been released over here (in ireland) for nearly 18 months now. maybe its just got a worldwide deal done now. i know the proper new album is scheduled for release early next year. the guys are not doing any gigs until then seemingly....

what?????!!!!! It's not even fucking mentioned on their bloody website??!!!!
thx for the hint anyway
Old 06.28.2008, 02:47 PM   #13
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

Plans change but that what niall told me himself a couple of months back.
Old 06.28.2008, 02:59 PM   #14
greedrex
invito al cielo

i know you're right. it's actually refrenced on amzon but....
out of stock
i actually hnuted for it...mm.elsewhere and listening to it
it's awesome
i'd really like to grab a copy
i found the site for Road records (says ut's out of stock too....)
i'll find it somehow
keep me posted will ya?
Old 06.28.2008, 03:28 PM   #15
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

out of stock??? fuck.. its readily available over here... i can up my copy if you want?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth