Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Talk to me...
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.03.2017, 07:09 AM   #1
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
...somebody.

I'm in a very good mood today, basically don't give a fuck about working today, so I'm blasting Siouxie and the Banshees in my headphones, drinking green tea and want to talk nonsense.

Go ahead, start.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 07:15 AM   #2
PLips
Banned

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
Zdravo Slavo.
I totally went backpacking in Europe in 2006. Bratislava was totally beautiful the peasant version of Praha!

Love the sandstone coloured buildings and cobblestones with the terracotta roofs.

21 different names or so for the city in a thousand years totally arbitrary to politics.

I got a how to speak Slovak book and a rusko-slovensky slovnik, so would would totally enjoy studying svoj jezik zmenom.

Samo kmecki umetnik 'peasant or serf artist' and i'm learning city slicker colloquial so looking forward to hearing about tvoj kultura
PLips is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 07:26 AM   #3
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I'm blasting Siouxie and the Banshees

This is weird. Every single night this week, I've played "Arabian Knights" at least once. Just that song. Not sure why I'm suddenly obsessed with that tune.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 07:34 AM   #4
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
This is weird. Every single night this week, I've played "Arabian Knights" at least once. Just that song. Not sure why I'm suddenly obsessed with that tune.

The tune is kind of shit, to be honest. Among their "greatest hits", there's plenty of shit songs. I've been blasting Tinderbox today, that album is solid.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 02.03.2017, 07:36 AM   #5
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLips
Zdravo Slavo.
I totally went backpacking in Europe in 2006. Bratislava was totally beautiful the peasant version of Praha!

Love the sandstone coloured buildings and cobblestones with the terracotta roofs.

21 different names or so for the city in a thousand years totally arbitrary to politics.

I got a how to speak Slovak book and a rusko-slovensky slovnik, so would would totally enjoy studying svoj jezik zmenom.

Samo kmecki umetnik 'peasant or serf artist' and i'm learning city slicker colloquial so looking forward to hearing about tvoj kultura

Haha, I somehow predicted you'd show up to this kind of thread.
But spot on, this thread primarily IS for talking shit.

You're speaking Serbo-Croatian? Or Slovenian?
Because, y'know, there's a substantial difference between Slovakia (=where I'm from) and Slovenia (which is a small uninteresting country between Austria and Croatia )

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 02.03.2017, 07:49 AM   #6
PLips
Banned

PLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's assesPLips kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah totally. The opening theme to the Disney's Alladin cartoon TV series I enjoyed more than any other song from the film soundtrack.

I don't want to act like I'm sitting at the kids table anymore at Thanksgiving, yet it's such a keen swell song, great orchestration and lovely melody.
Old 02.03.2017, 08:06 AM   #7
PLips
Banned

Quote:
Haha, I somehow predicted you'd show up to this kind of thread.
But spot on, this thread primarily IS for talking shit.

You're speaking Serbo-Croatian? Or Slovenian?
Because, y'know, there's a substantial difference between Slovakia (=where I'm from) and Slovenia (which is a small uninteresting country between Austria and Croatia )

Why Slovenian is so uninteresting to you is because ljubljana's fucking boring and you have all the ecology we have except for our alotted portion of Istria and Trst (trieste) on the Adriatic

Fuck the fucking existing Slavic alphabits. Slovenian alphabet is the most streamlined one and is coherent in the English or british alphabet regardless of what yugos call 'crtke' and cestina slovestina call 'hacek' for ch sh and zh.

We can speak together nema problema it's a formality and bitterness that we refuse to understand eachother and my family is close friends with a czechoslovak family and we understood eachother veri veri pravparly! Haha!!

Slovio is a great start for exposing the languages behind the iron curtain though I don't really appreciate the alphabet they use.
http://www.slovio.com/

I checked out a graemmatikal' knjiga ob 'Ukrainjci' linguistic 'Igor Mel'cuk' called Dependency Syntax which delves into prehistoric construction on language giving analysis on Russian in Comparision to Caucasian and Australian Aborignal languages. It fucking freaked me out and have not looked at the book in 6 years but all it seems to explain is a logic of word order in any sentence with its affinities towards Russian Sentence Structure and Grammar
Old 02.03.2017, 08:30 AM   #8
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Why Slovenian is so uninteresting to you is because ljubljana's fucking boring and you have all the ecology we have except for our alotted portion of Istria and Trst (trieste) on the Adriatic

Fuck the fucking existing Slavic alphabits. Slovenian alphabet is the most streamlined one and is coherent in the English or british alphabet regardless of what yugos call 'crtke' and cestina slovestina call 'hacek' for ch sh and zh.

We can speak together nema problema it's a formality and bitterness that we refuse to understand eachother and my family is close friends with a czechoslovak family and we understood eachother veri veri pravparly! Haha!!

Slovio is a great start for exposing the languages behind the iron curtain though I don't really appreciate the alphabet they use.
http://www.slovio.com/

I checked out a graemmatikal' knjiga ob 'Ukrainjci' linguistic 'Igor Mel'cuk' called Dependency Syntax which delves into prehistoric construction on language giving analysis on Russian in Comparision to Caucasian and Australian Aborignal languages. It fucking freaked me out and have not looked at the book in 6 years but all it seems to explain is a logic of word order in any sentence with its affinities towards Russian Sentence Structure and Grammar

a very coherent reply, thanks (srsly).

so, you're actually Slovenian? Like you live there?

I was there a couple of times - in Ljubljana and Ptuj and on river Soča, and I've crossed in many times, always when I drove to Croatia ... Slovakians actually consider Croatia to be THE country when they want to see the sea. Croatia is huge among ourselves when it comes to tourism.

By the way, I was kidding about Slovenia being 'uninteresting'. You're far more than interesting. The nature is beautiful (The mountais! the waterfalls! the sea!), the economy is stronger than we have, and you guys are far less Balkan than the rest of former Yugoslavia ... now meaning, less hot-tempered, more rational and calm.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 02.03.2017, 08:56 AM   #9
PLips
Banned

Yeah my mom was and dad is from Bela Krajina along the Reka Kolpa along the Chorvatski border. It's the most Croatian part of Slovenia and my parents can speak kolikvial (I made that that word up, who cares!?) croatian.

We're pretty much like Appalachian hillbillies in America. Me and my siblings were all born in Niagara Region Canada in the countryside half hour from Niagara Falls. There a large Slavic community of every culture in Niagara but they're all dying off because immigration from Europe is rare here now. I'm speaking with Yugoslavian Elders to consolidate our piknik banquet clubs for them to survive past the first generation immigrants.

Yeah I am kinda both Slovenian croatian synthesis or whatever you want to call someone who lives along a national border. Our narodne nosnje or Sunday folk clothes are the hemp sackclothe konoplje konopka, whatever you call it.

Bela Kranci folk costume is plain white hemp while the national croatian costumes have white hemp with trademark redcheckerboard designs.
Old 02.03.2017, 09:09 AM   #10
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Yeah my mom was and dad is from Bela Krajina along the Reka Kolpa along the Chorvatski border. It's the most Croatian part of Slovenia and my parents can speak kolikvial (I made that that word up, who cares!?) croatian.

We're pretty much like Appalachian hillbillies in America. Me and my siblings were all born in Niagara Region Canada in the countryside half hour from Niagara Falls. There a large Slavic community of every culture in Niagara but they're all dying off because immigration from Europe is rare here now. I'm speaking with Yugoslavian Elders to consolidate our piknik banquet clubs for them to survive past the first generation immigrants.

Yeah I am kinda both Slovenian croatian synthesis or whatever you want to call someone who lives along a national border. Our narodne nosnje or Sunday folk clothes are the hemp sackclothe konoplje konopka, whatever you call it.

Bela Kranci folk costume is plain white hemp while the national croatian costumes have white hemp with trademark redcheckerboard designs.

I dream about escaping to Canada. Even more now with all the nationalistic tendencies in the whole Europe (but especially in the V4 region - Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary) and hybrid war and rising Russian influence.
I actually look for job opportunities in Canada.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 02.03.2017, 09:14 AM   #11
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
what is your favorite Banshees song Slavo? Mine is Spellbound
Old 02.03.2017, 09:19 AM   #12
PLips
Banned

Yeah man visit. I'm not sure if there's a Czech folk club in Niagara but there is a Slovak one, and I don't know if you want to meet my czech-slovak friend because he's as fucked up as a yugo and that's how we role

Some last names I knew from high school and elementary school were:

Misek (family friends)
Kamendy
Benedik

Yeah not much they usually rather hang out with Polaks. No big deal.

Research the folk clubs whereever you want to go na dopustu holiday and go for a piknik in the summer. You can listen to all that dank dickfart polka Oompapa that's so popular in North America, have your Zlaty Bazant Pivo and have your pecinka BBQ pork or ovce on a red picnic table under the trees. Totally relaxing and everyone's welcome.
Old 02.03.2017, 09:34 AM   #13
PLips
Banned

And slavo don't bother tripping out that my name is danny in real life and your avatar location is danny 'hacienda' or whatever you call those bizzare inflections you spelled it with.

Just represent the Hebrew Tribe of 'Dan' or 'Judge' with your Christian Slavic affinity and role like kinsfolk. Droogs buds or comrades, whatever flavour or salt you dig. Just fucking hurts me that understanding courtesy or creedence 'vikati~tikati' and defining for everyone is necessary for an aspiring manservant butler or chaperrone.
Old 02.03.2017, 09:41 AM   #14
_slavo_
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what is your favorite Banshees song Slavo? Mine is Spellbound

it definitely has to be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hMagNuhLkk

I think that particular album has the right production this band deserved. Big, space-y, ornamental, heavy.

But there are many more I adore - Spellbound, Christine, Running Town, Land's End, Dazzle,...

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
Old 02.03.2017, 10:42 AM   #15
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Cities in Dust is fucking awesome. Good choice.
Old 02.03.2017, 10:50 AM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
no love for hong kong garden?

that one's so much fun
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 12:05 PM   #17
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
...somebody.

I'm in a very good mood today, basically don't give a fuck about working today, so I'm blasting Siouxie and the Banshees in my headphones, drinking green tea and want to talk nonsense.

Go ahead, start.

• What do you do for a living?
• Why Siouxie and the Banshees? Follow-up: what's your favorite S&TB song?

• Who would win in a fight between Superman and Goku from DragonBall Z? I say Superman because frankly I don't know anything about DBZ other than that it's awful, but some nerds really get into this debate. Fucked if I know why.

• Joy Division only dropped two brilliant proper albums, while the Cure has something like 15, ranging from brilliant to pretty fucking missable. I would argue that JD is the better band, but I feel that the Cure is the band I "like" more, simply because they have more material that is good, even if none of it is better than JD.
- Is this reasoning sound? If not, tell me why.
- Follow-up: Can you make a case for the opposing side of this argument?

• Can you make a case for my books? I have so many, and they're all different sizes, and I'm not fancy enough to go to IKEA. I'd pay you if you were able to construct a prototype of a case that would comfortably fit every book in my collection, without requiring any bending or sideways stacking.

• There is a special gun that shoots bullets at a the same velocity every time it fires. Each bullet continues to travel on a "straight" path until it hits something (it will follow the curve of the Earth and circle the world forever if nothing is in its path), and when it does hit its target, each bullet pierces exactly 1.11 meters of matter before stopping. No matter what the object is or how far away it is, these special bullets WILL go through EXACTLY 1.11 meters.
- What happens if the target is less than 1.11 meters?
- Can you make me this gun?
- Follow-up: Can you make a case for this gun? Like, for me to carry it in?

Thanks.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 12:18 PM   #18
poisonidea19
little trouble girl

poisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's asses
Im in a good mood and green tea mode myself good morning from Los Angeles! This town sucks btw (They only show the really good parts of Hollywood on tv. The rest is all covered in piss, dirt, and smog. Our homeless is growing exponentially.)

Anyone know when the new Better Call Saul or Curb Your Enthusiasm coming out this year? I need some new show recommendations until then.
poisonidea19 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.03.2017, 01:07 PM   #19
PLips
Banned

Tesla had a vision of a donut cylyinder that was suspened yay high above the surface of the earth so it didn't hit any mountains. The earth moved yet it stayed still. It was used as a postal serbis & kurvier. It's called the United Postal Service AKA Purrlowlater in Canada
Old 02.03.2017, 01:10 PM   #20
poisonidea19
little trouble girl

poisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's assespoisonidea19 kicks all y'all's asses
do you ever contribute anything meaningful at all? do you think anyone actually reads your posts? ive been on here a week and all you do is babble. Take some meds.. How bout you shut the fuck up already. no one cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Tesla had a vision of a donut cylyinder that was suspened yay high above the surface of the earth so it didn't hit any mountains. The earth moved yet it stayed still. It was used as a postal serbis & kurvier. It's called the United Postal Service AKA Purrlowlater in Canada
poisonidea19 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth