Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page These Immortal Souls - Get Lost (Don't Lie!)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.10.2009, 02:22 AM   #1
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka

http://www.filestube.com/d0d64bc8e45e39f403ea/go.html

I discovered this through The Birthday Party, but I much prefer this to anything that band or any other BP related bands have done (with the exception of Einstuerzende Neubauten). It's mainly piano/keyboard based gothic post-punk or something. That probably isn't a very good description, but the point is that the focus isn't on Rowland S Howard's guitar playing on these dark, moody, bluesy songs. Marry Me (Lie! Lie!) is one of my all time favourite songs.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 03:20 AM   #2
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
I know this is a bit coals to Newcastle, but do you know Crime and the City Solution?

http://www.myspace.com/crimethecitysolution
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 04:27 AM   #3
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Yes, I know Crime and the City Solution. I've listened to some of their stuff, but I haven't gotten around to getting an album yet.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.10.2009, 04:32 AM   #4
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
I figured you would have, but thought I'd mention them anway, what with the Rowland S Howard connection, and the brilliance, and all that.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth