Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Why do the Norwegians get all the best shows?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.15.2008, 01:32 AM   #1
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
In addition to Oya:

Safe As Milk Festival 2008
25-27 July, Haugesund

Friday 25 July
Ergo
Pamelia Kurstin
Arabrot+[Concept.Virus]
Rumble In Rhodos

Saturday 26 July afternoon
Han Bennink

Saurday 26 July evening
Sidsel Endresen
Lee Ranaldo
Nisennenmondai
Skatebard

Sunday 27 July afternoon
James Blackshaw
Nils Henrik Asheim / Lasse Marhaug

A festival ticket costs 420 norwegian kroner. One day tickets cost 250 norwegian kroner.

If you travel from another country to our festival you will actually get a free festival ticket! Also, we'll be glad to help you out with finding the best way of travelling and of course a suitable accomodation. Just ask us! Important: Your free tickets have to be preordered by email: andreas@safe-as-milk.org! If you live in Norway you can buy Festival ticket from Billettservice or Platebutikken Tiger on web or at the Post office.

http://www.safe-as-milk.org/
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.15.2008, 04:27 AM   #2
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
free tickets for people from another country? wow!

thanks for info!

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2008, 04:32 AM   #3
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
im not sure its the same festival but original silence will perform sopmewhere in norway too

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 01:46 AM   #4
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
anyone going tomorrow?
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 01:54 AM   #5
al shabbray

cause norwayans got the highest suicide rate? oh no wait, fins, fins got it. but they do not get cool shows...so maybe thats the reason for it....omg
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 02:06 AM   #6
o'connor
expwy. to yr skull

o'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asseso'connor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
free tickets for people from another country? wow!

thanks for info!

no shit right! that's awesome. go norway!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001798646886 - Personal

http://soundcloud.com/j-o-c-o - JoCo (Music)

http://soundcloud.com/driftera - Drift Era (Music)
o'connor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 04:22 AM   #7
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
If you live in Norway you can buy Festival ticket from Billettservice or Platebutikken Tiger on web or at the Post office.

talk about efficiency!!
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 01:15 PM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
BLACK.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.26.2008, 05:07 AM   #9
making the drama scene
bad moon rising

making the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
anyone going tomorrow?
i`m going! i hitchhiked up here from austria with a friend of mine
and yesterday we`ve allready been at the festival, and lee has also allready been there...
pamelia kurstin was really great, playing on a teremine.
the rest was, yeah, nice, but did not really excite me too much

so, now i`m gonna go catch the ferry to see han bennink....
making the drama scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.31.2008, 12:05 PM   #10
making the drama scene
bad moon rising

making the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's assesmaking the drama scene kicks all y'all's asses
so, i just came back from my hitchhiking trip to norway
that was like the coolest festival i've been to.

on saturday we went with a ferry to a school where han bennink was playing in a classroom/gym mixture. han bennink was playing his drums like hell, and also used his sticks on the chalkboard, on a piano, on the floor and on the wall bars, where a litle boy, who was sitting there, was kind of afraid to be hit. that show was just awesome.

sidsel endresen in the evening made really beautiful sounds with just her voice (no effects or anything).

and the lee, really having fun during his show (at least he seemed so), making those wonderful walls of sounds, scratching his guitar on the floor right in front of us, walking through the audience shaking some bells, then he hung up his guitar on a rope which was hanging from the ceiling and hit it with drumsticks. at the back he screened the book of dreams (a film by himself, when he was visiting the grave of jack kerouac) and a lve manipulated video from a sy/pavement show in 1992 i think.
after his regular "set" he didn't expect the people to want more (what they of course did) so he hab nothing planned and did a krackobox solo dedicated to his friend han bennink.the greatest show for me by now.

and nisennenmondai was just great as well
skatebard at the end was like italodisco, which i did not like that much.

on sunday there was james blackshaw playing in a church on a 12string guitar, i really liked that one.
and Nils Henrik Asheim/Lasse Marhaug (organ and electronics) made me somehow be like in trance (it was too early in the afternoon and i was still tired), because of the vibrating church benches

so, i'm really glad i made it up there in time!!!
pictures and some videos will follow as soon as my friend has uploaded them somewhere.....
Old 07.31.2008, 12:06 PM   #11
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
safe as milk?

"A CIGARETTE DIED WHEN I WASHED MY FACE!"

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.08.2008, 08:12 AM   #12
making the drama scene
bad moon rising

han benink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIg_zUlg_Zg

lee ranaldo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Eth-4TbVE

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth