Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page (actual) world cup thread
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.16.2010, 03:01 PM   #161
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
fuck the alberta emergency public warning system, doing a test during the game? fuck you...they never interrupt entertainment tonight or friends reruns
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 03:07 PM   #162
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha ha. rob, you're such a newb. children all over the world watch this tournament & a lot aspire to play the world cup one day. .

shiiit. I have been watching Mundials since 1986. that's before you were born son. go find a noob somewheer else.
Old 06.16.2010, 03:08 PM   #163
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
red is way too harsh.......
Old 06.16.2010, 03:30 PM   #164
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
fucking beautiful! that last goal ruled.

the red card was the one digakoi (sp?) should have received for fucking up fucile-- he already had a yellow and was clamoring for a red.

but no, it was a penalty, and it was a red card cuz of the danger of the play, it was a goal without the foul, and if you watched the replays the goalkeeper's feet were nowhere near the ball and he tripped suarez. yes it was the tip of the foot but when you're airborne it will send you face-forward.

player of the game, for me:

parreira must be cutting off his testicles as we speak. his team barely tried attacking-- he removed pienaar? why the fuck?

anyway, this was AWESOME, to see uruguay play the way they should, suarez coming in from all sides, forlan's artillery, and the midfield creating offensive situations.

the only one who fucked up was cavani-- he missed like 3 good opportunities and i wish fernandez had come in earlier.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 03:32 PM   #165
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
1986. that's before you were born

i wish
Old 06.16.2010, 03:36 PM   #166
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
fucking beautiful! that last goal ruled.

the red card was the one digakoi (sp?) should have received for fucking up fucile-- he already had a yellow.

but no, it was a penalty, and it was a red card cuz of the danger of the play, it was a goal without the foul, and if you watched the replays the goalkeeper's feet were nowhere near the ball and he tripped suarez. yes it was the tip of the foot but when you're airborne it will send you face-forward.

player of the game, for me:

parreira must be cutting off his testicles as we speak. his team barely tried attacking-- he removed pienaar? why the fuck?

anyway, this was AWESOME, to see uruguay play the way they should, suarez coming in from all sides, forlan's.

the only one who fucked up was cavani-- he missed like 3 good opportunities and i wish fernandez had come in earlier.

the player seems to have been offside.... fifa needs to start using video judging, shit like this and hand goals etc. it's too much.

i have a feeling somebody will die tonight
Old 06.16.2010, 03:37 PM   #167
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
red is way too harsh.......

In a way, but the referee went by the book. Personally I think they should change that rule which awards a penalty and a red card but until they do, both sides know the rules. It is harsh, though.

Anyway, great game. Forlan's on fire. S'th Africa were simply outclassed tonight. Uruguay look like they might be the dark horses people've been looking for.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 03:39 PM   #168
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
the player seems to have been offside.... fifa needs to start using video judging, shit like this and hand goals etc. it's too much.

i have a feeling somebody will die tonight

you mean suarez or pereira who scored? cuz pereira was behind suarez.
Old 06.16.2010, 03:42 PM   #169
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
big surprise to see Africa get robbed with that bullshit redcard, africa has been getting robbed for four hundred years, what is another year

that shit absolutely broke their momentum, they were on the verge of being able to tie it up at least, but then that shit ran the clock and broke SA spirits

SA was playing shitty all first half, but so were the Swiss and they surprised me and came up with a win, so I was hoping SA could do the same..
Striking South African World Cup guards wage war

Page last updated at 19:38 GMT, Wednesday, 16 June 2010 20:38 UK

By Pumza Fihlani
BBC News, Johannesburg

Strikers vent their anger at the world famous Ellis Park venue in Johannesburg At a time when South Africa wants to put its best foot forward, a series of strikes at almost half of the World Cup stadiums threatens to hog the limelight.
Thousands of guards tasked with ensuring safety at the stadiums have gone on strike in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town - hours before the kick-off of World Cup matches - citing a wage dispute.
The country's police have been forced to take over security duties at four stadiums.
In one of the latest incidents, 1,000 officers from around Gauteng Province had to be diverted to Ellis Park stadium in Johannesburg to manage the 55,000 football fans set to attend the game hours before Brazil took on North Korea.
The guards told the BBC that they often worked 15-hour shifts and were "angry" and accused security company Stallion, their employer, of "exploitation".

We are being exploited because we are poor, uneducated and don't know better
Striking security steward
"We are very angry. How can they expect us to survive on the money they want to pay us?" one steward, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said.
"We are being exploited because we are poor, uneducated and don't know better," she added.
After just finishing a long shift, she had joined other guards in a protest outside Ellis Park - some chanting for their unpaid wages.
"I am tired that last thing I need is to be sitting here. But what choice do I have? These people are robbing us we have to fight them," she said.
'Fifa mafia!' The guards say they were promised 1,500 rand ($194; £133) per shift when they signed with the company last month.
Instead they say they are receiving as little as 190 rand ($24; £17).

Police have been drafted in at the last minute to take over security Most of the stewards are contracted to the Stallion, which has refused to comment on the strikes.
"We enjoy what we do," another guard at Ellis Park says.
"I have been unemployed for years and working as a security guard for the World Cup, it makes me feel like I am helping my country.
"But I deserve to be rewarded for my work, and rewarded well," she says.
Her views reflect a growing frustration at World Cup venues.
At a march in Durban, some 3,000 campaigners vented their anger on Wednesday at the lavishing spending on the World Cup, AFP news agency reports.
"Get out Fifa mafia!" crowds chanted, their ranks swelled by stewards involved in clashes with riot police on Sunday.

Some have been angered by the lavish World Cup spending which they say has not benefited the poor Their dispute sparked the strike on Monday in Cape Town, where more than 1,000 police trainees were sent to Green Point stadium hours before the Italy-Paraguay match.
The head of the local organising committee, Danny Jordan, said that he recognises the right of workers to strike, but that match day disruptions were unacceptable.
The Congress of South African Trade Unions, a partner in an alliance with the ruling African National Congress, said the workers' wage shortfall was an example of "greed".
South Africa's Transport and Allied Workers' Union - the largest union representing the security guards - says it has asked labour authorities to investigate.
High alert The union says it seems many workers were employed without written contracts.
"Most have been employed on a temporary basis under conditions which do not comply with the minimum conditions," the union said in a statement.
The police are on high alert - and anxious to show they can handle the disruption.
"Our priority is the safety of the tournament and the country as a whole. We will perform our responsibilities with diligence," Police Commissioner General Bheki Cele said.
He spoke as it was announced on Wednesday that his force would continue stadium security duties in Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
His words will give little assurance to the strikers, who serve as a reminder that the millions of dollars generated by the World Cup are unlikely to improve the lives of millions living below the breadline.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 03:44 PM   #170
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
you mean suarez or pereira who scored? cuz pereira was behind suarez.

well in the replay i think they said it was suarez who was almost certainly offside depending on whether or not someone else had touched it, which they couldn't tell from the replay.

they just need to have somebody watching shit other than the referees who can't really see what's going on well half the time, if they did that you wouldn't have croats with australian accents getting 3 yellows in a game lol
Old 06.16.2010, 03:48 PM   #171
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
this was AWESOME, to see uruguay play the way they should, suarez coming in from all sides, forlan's artillery, and the midfield creating offensive situations.

Absolutely. Even taking the quality of opposition into account, that was a class performance. Forlan and Suarez look like a great partnership. Uruguay haven't really been tested at the back yet but, from what I can see, no teams look like they've got rock-solid defences.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 03:49 PM   #172
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
well in the replay i think they said it was suarez who was almost certainly offside depending on whether or not someone else had touched it, which they couldn't tell from the replay.

they just need to have somebody watching shit other than the referees who can't really see what's going on well half the time, if they did that you wouldn't have croats with australian accents getting 3 yellows in a game lol

oh. i get the "latino" channel-- we overlook those things ha ha ha. though video would have gotten dikgacoi expelled.

i'm looking for a video to watch for the offside but nothing is up yet. maybe i should get a fucking tivo, or unearth the old vhs deck

i fear if control went to video judging we'd end up with something like american football where you need a team of lawyers to call each play though.
Old 06.16.2010, 03:55 PM   #173
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh. i get the "latino" channel-- we overlook those things ha ha ha. though video would have gotten dikgacoi expelled.

i'm looking for a video to watch for the offside but nothing is up yet. maybe i should get a fucking tivo, or unearth the old vhs deck

i fear if control went to video judging we'd end up with something like american football where you need a team of lawyers to call each play though.

I been watching it in Espanol and they got decent replays, its not quite like ESPN super replays but it has been useful just the same, plus the espanol announcers have WAAAY mas sabor than the boring americans

Old 06.16.2010, 03:56 PM   #174
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:

well digakoi(or whatever) isn't important because they were never going to win the game, the thing they'll be most pissed about is losing the keep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efIb1GYJP8U

i think it comes down to whether the guy got it with his knee, which it looks to me like he did but i don't know why the sportscasters would flip shit about it if it wasn't questionable
Old 06.16.2010, 04:02 PM   #175
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
well digakoi(or whatever) isn't important because they were never going to win the game, the thing they'll be most pissed about is losing the keep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efIb1GYJP8U

i think it comes down to whether the guy got it with his knee, which it looks to me like he did but i don't know why the sportscasters would flip shit about it if it wasn't questionable
Quote:
ahh.. american sports, pride of the calvinist/legalist tradition

Old 06.16.2010, 04:07 PM   #176
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

i can't find any networks questioning it so maybe it's the cbc announcers being nuts..
Old 06.16.2010, 04:13 PM   #177
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i can't find any networks questioning it so maybe it's the cbc announcers being nuts..

German TV mentioned it too... they had the replay from a different angle i think, but could not tell if Cavani (n°7) touches the ball or not...
In the youtube video you linked, at normal speed, it looks like he did...
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 04:13 PM   #178
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
big surprise to see Africa get robbed with that bullshit redcard, africa has been getting robbed for four hundred years, what is another year
Come on!!
It's South Africa, not Africa.

About the video, I think it's being used by now.
I've noticed that the main referee has a microphone and headphones.
I don't think it's to communicate with his girlfriend.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 04:22 PM   #179
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
hcuahutemoc blanco looked like a fucking ladybug the other day.

haha - well, it was funny to see him on the pitch, hope to see him tomorrow!
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2010, 04:27 PM   #180
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by gualbert
Come on!!
It's South Africa, not Africa.

About the video, I think it's being used by now.
I've noticed that the main referee has a microphone and headphones.
I don't think it's to communicate with his girlfriend.

it's not being used.
> »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth