Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Funny Sonic Youth story
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.20.2009, 03:54 PM   #1
Kosako
children of satan

Kosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's asses
Hi, I wanna share with you this story that I find so funny and cute.

My wife works in a kindergarden, with 4 years old kids, and they were doing a job that consist in the senses. They've already seen the taste and smell; but today they saw the listening and the touch, so my wife took a couple of our cds. And she took my Rather Ripped CD. She just told me that when she put the Sonic Youth CD all the kids started to move their head and dance like a gogo. Unfortunatelly she didn't take any pic. But I assume that RR is quite a good record to buy to a little kid for x-mas to start him/her into rock.

XOX.
Kosako is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.20.2009, 03:57 PM   #2
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
Cute story. RR is more kid friendly I guess, I can see that. But my little keggers grew up listening to it all. Right now my 10-yr olds fav is Dirty and my 5-yr old loves Goo.

Kegmama is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 10:35 AM   #3
Kosako
children of satan

Kosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Cute story. RR is more kid friendly I guess, I can see that. But my little keggers grew up listening to it all. Right now my 10-yr olds fav is Dirty and my 5-yr old loves Goo.

Yeah, when I have kids I will make them listen to Sonic Youth.
Old 05.21.2009, 12:56 PM   #4
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
my daughter amy likes rather ripped... she didnt think too much of the eternal tho...she is 8 and adores the usual 8 year old girlie music...and the white stripes. its a bit freaky that she loves the track "sleeping around" i find that hard to stomach!
Old 05.21.2009, 01:22 PM   #5
Kegmama
empty page

Kegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's assesKegmama kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
my daughter amy likes rather ripped... she didnt think too much of the eternal tho...she is 8 and adores the usual 8 year old girlie music...and the white stripes. its a bit freaky that she loves the track "sleeping around" i find that hard to stomach!

Sweet. It's strange the musical phases the kids go through from like 6-12, huh? I am hoping Kellian will grow out of her latest tween phase soon. She still lists Nirvana, Violent Femmes, SY, Weezer, White Stripes, ETC. as some of her fav bands, but she is into all the Nickelodean/Disney stuff right now and it's killing me slowly.

It is strange though hearing your spawn singing the lyrics to some of our songs... When 'Add It Up' comes on Kellian and Evan change the words to: "Why can't I get just one EWWW" and "Why can't I get just one YUCK."

Old 05.21.2009, 02:08 PM   #6
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
My daughter loves Experimental Jet Set, she always sings along with Sweet Shine.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 04:02 PM   #7
negative8ball
bad moon rising

negative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's assesnegative8ball kicks all y'all's asses
I keep threatening to get baby or toddler sized Confusion Is Sex shirts for all my friends... first one that laughs is actually getting one.

So far, no one seems to think it's as funny to put that on a kid as I do [smirk]
negative8ball is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 04:16 PM   #8
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Fuck I"m gonna start playing that for my nephews.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 04:19 PM   #9
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegmama
Sweet. It's strange the musical phases the kids go through from like 6-12, huh? I am hoping Kellian will grow out of her latest tween phase soon. She still lists Nirvana, Violent Femmes, SY, Weezer, White Stripes, ETC. as some of her fav bands, but she is into all the Nickelodean/Disney stuff right now and it's killing me slowly.

It is strange though hearing your spawn singing the lyrics to some of our songs... When 'Add It Up' comes on Kellian and Evan change the words to: "Why can't I get just one EWWW" and "Why can't I get just one YUCK."

I wish my neice would listen to SY n stuff.....She's totally into the whole Disney world. I hate it. She seen the JOnas Bros twice....and she's 9. She does like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs...which is coo...but stilll...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 05:26 PM   #10
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
You shouldn't feel bad for kids because of the music they enjoy. No one is a lesser person for enjoying Disney music or whatever. Maybe it means something to them?

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 05:28 PM   #11
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
This story was not funny.
I want a refund.
Old 05.21.2009, 05:40 PM   #12
Kegmama
empty page

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer
You shouldn't feel bad for kids because of the music they enjoy. No one is a lesser person for enjoying Disney music or whatever. Maybe it means something to them?

If you are going to actively post on this board you have to stop taking things so damn literal!
I don't think anyone actually 'feels bad' and who said anything about being 'less of a person'?!

I allow my kids total artistic/musical freedom of expression. I let them choose what they want to listen to and support them in their love for things that are special to them. I realize that in order to grow as individuals they will have to go through the many phases that encompass childhood. Hopefully, with our postivie influence as parents though, they will grow up to have a deeper appreciation for musical greatness...

Old 05.21.2009, 05:44 PM   #13
Kegmama
empty page

Oh, and for the record, Kellian's first concert was getting to see: Beck, Weezer & Garbage at festival show. Followed by a Violent Femmes show where we got total VIP treatment. I figure, if we can turn them on young to what's great, they will kick that much more ass. Both of my babies listened to Sonic Youth in utero. Had headphones stretched out for my belly.

Old 05.21.2009, 05:56 PM   #14
summer
stalker

summer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard suckasummer cold hard sucka
Whew, well, that's good at least. I know some parents who do total bullshit and try to live through their children, I'm sure you know what I mean, getting very very angry if they do bad at like basketball or something.. it's quite ridiculous, cause normally the kid doesn't actually care as much and sometimes wants to quit because they're feeling so pressured by parents. Very lame. =(

Beck, Weezer & Garbage sounds lovely, though. Maybe not with what they're doing lately, but still. Midnite Vultures is <3

summer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2009, 09:51 PM   #15
Kosako
children of satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
This story was not funny.
I want a refund.

Not here.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth