Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Three Lobed youth
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.30.2008, 02:25 PM   #121
threelobed
bad moon rising

threelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's asses
an early set of reviews to this new batch of OIII stuff -

http://elecvp.blogspot.com/2008/05/r...d-mailing.html
threelobed is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2008, 12:36 PM   #122
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
2nd bunch just arrived. i m enjoying Lee's cd now and i cant wait to listen to the Bardo Pond one. thank you.

got mine today too and have just put on Lee's cd

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2008, 02:28 PM   #123
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
2nd bunch just arrived. i m enjoying Lee's cd now and i cant wait to listen to the Bardo Pond one. thank you.

uhmmm, it seems like you got your batch among the first ones this time. that's cool.

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2008, 12:30 PM   #124
threelobed
bad moon rising

threelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's assesthreelobed kicks all y'all's asses
all of the parts for the final disc in the series (the magik markers) are now off at the plant...
Old 07.24.2008, 02:23 PM   #125
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by threelobed
all of the parts for the final disc in the series (the magik markers) are now off at the plant...

lovely!

Old 08.15.2008, 01:49 PM   #126
greenlight
invito al cielo

has anyone recieved last disc yet?

Old 08.15.2008, 02:09 PM   #127
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
no, i forgot about that

Old 08.15.2008, 06:34 PM   #128
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
I'm pretty sure it hasn't been shipped yet. There wasn't any mention of it in the last email-update from a couple of days ago.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.28.2008, 01:44 PM   #129
threelobed
bad moon rising

just got our final parts to the magik markers disc in hand today. sorry for the delay folks - it's been out of our hands for a little while now. we'll get these assembled here shortly and hopefully off everyone's way in the mail around 9/8 or so...
Old 09.01.2008, 04:50 AM   #130
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Dusted Reviews

Artist: Lee Ranaldo
Album: Maelstrom From Drift
Label: Three Lobed Review date: Aug. 28, 2008

Lee Ranaldo - "Glacial Trio (Studio Excerpt)" (Maelstrom From Drift)

Thurston Moore has always been the guy who gets around, jamming with free jazz heavies or making noise with youngsters half his age, but Lee Ranaldo, his mate in Sonic guitar battery, has also been a consistent (if less prodigious) source of compelling audio documents. Veering from near-industrial loops of pealing feedback and heavy guitar to intimate pairings of acoustic guitar and poetry, Ranaldo’s catalog is one of satisfying diversity. Maelstrom From Drift, the guitarist’s latest, is a microcosm of Ranaldo’s catalog as a whole, a collection that spans 11 years, a variety of collaborators, and a sundry mix of approaches and sounds.

Available only as part of Three Lobed’s Oscillation III subscription series, Maelstrom From Drift gives a wide-angle look at Ranaldo’s work over the past decade. The disc includes group improvisation with Tony Buck (drums) and David Watson (bagpipes), live recordings, home studio projects, and even a recording session undertaken with Ranaldo’s partner, Leah Singer, and a collection of Cal Arts students in 2004. Each track provides a new sound, but the disc is largely bereft of conventional beauty, save the plaintive piano of “The Homeless Hairdresser.” Maelstrom From Drift focuses more on Ranaldo as improviser and sound arranger than his work as a songwriter, jutting into realms not often heard in his oeuvre. The transition from one track to another can be jarring; the celestial “Afternoon Saints” segues into the goofy explorations of “Cal Arts Tuesday Night Session,” and the crickets and ambience of “Navel Milk Poison” are noisily abutted by “Spkr Test (Sudden Infant)” and its distorted roughage. In fact, to convince an unsuspecting listener that each track on the album was the product of a different musician wouldn’t take much effort.

Maelstrom From Drift’s title track, culled from a multi-channel audio installation Ranaldo created in 2004, is the disc’s most readily identifiable with the musician’s standard approach, a crowded mélange of what sound like guitars, layered to create an beautiful, atmospheric din. This disc changes faces so frequently that the track is a satisfyingly focused closer, a single-minded statement amidst other, more scattered efforts. Lee Ranaldo proved himself long ago a musician comfortable in any number of settings, but on the unpredictable procession of Maelstrom From Drift’s nine tracks, it’s the more focused music that finds him at his best.

By Adam Strohm
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.11.2008, 10:46 AM   #131
threelobed
bad moon rising

here's a quick update - OIII is now complete!

--

Hello! We wanted to give everyone a mid-month shout of excitement because as of this morning (September 11) all copies of the Magik Markers' "Gucci Rapidshare Download" have hit the mail to subscribers. Start keeping your eyes on your mailboxes as you should be seeing your own copy soon. A very sincere thanks to all of the subscribers to this series. We hope you enjoyed the ride. We are pondering some sort of vinyl subscription series for in the future...

While in the update frame of mind, we are hoping to have our new Jack Rose LP ready to ship around Monday September 22. We are still waiting on our album covers to arrive as of this message.

While we are here, here are a couple of additional minor updates.

--LIMITED AVAILABILITY OF SELECT OLDER TITLES--

As we mentioned in a previous update, we have some super-limited quantities of some items that we did not expect to ever have in stock again. We pulled a few items that were still on hand at a consignment account and have very limited quantities of the following items on hand. We are not setting up paypal links for any of these (or listing their availability on the site) due to the limited quantities - write if you are interested. If you are not familiar with any of these titles, please cruise by the catalog page of the site (www.threelobed.com/tlr/catalog.html) for descriptions of each of these releases.

TLR-030 Hassara "Backyard I-III" CD - 7 copies that are the last copies we know of that we will ever have back in stock. $10 postpaid within the US, $12 to Canada and $13.50 to all other addresses.

TLR-038 Yellow Swans "Descension Yellow Swans" LP - 1 copy that is the last copies that we will ever have back in stock. $19 postpaid within the US, $22.50 to Canada and $30 to all other addresses.

TLR-039 Basalt Fingers LP (+CD) - 5 copies. $20 within the US, $23.50 to Canada and $31 to all other addresses.

TLR-041 (and TLR-042) Sarin Smoke “Smokescreen” LP (with bonus CD) - 1 copy that is definitely the last we will ever see as a set. $19 postpaid within the US, $22.50 to Canara and $30 to all other addresses.

TLR-056 Heavy Winged "Blacc Lust" CD - 1 copy that is the last copy that we will ever have back in stock. $10 postpaid within the US, $12 to Canada and $13.50 to all other addresses.

--DISTRIBUTED GOODS--

We have a limited eight copy stash of a brand new, edition of 100 copy CDR on the Wholly Other label from Zaimph (Tom Carter and Marcia Bassett) featuring Steve Gunn titled "Live at Eat Records." Housed within a lovely silkscreen chipboard folder, this disc presents an electrifying live set featuring three artists near and dear to our heart. Very limited. These discs are available on a first come, first served basis and are $11.00 - add $1.50 for domestic First Class Mail Postage, add $2.50 for USPS First Class International service to Canada and $3.50 for USPS First Class International postage to all other locations. This disc will ship postage-free when included with any vinyl order.

--SCARCE THREE LOBED ITEMS--

The test pressings have seemed to be something folks have been interested in when offered. Straight from the Three Lobed personal archives comes exactly one (1) copy each of:

TLR-058 - Gown with Sunburned Hand of the Man "For The Maples"
TLR-060 - Heavy Winged "Alive In My Mouth"

Both are sealed test pressing copies and each represents one of only twenty-five copies exist in this form for each of our records. Want a rare version of these releases in your collection? Here's your chance. These records are available for $25 each. This price is *not* postpaid - buyer can ship by domestic medial mail for $3.50 or priority mail for $6.50. International shipping is $13.50 for international first class to any non-domestic, non-Canadian location ($8.50 to Canada). These records are first- come, first-served and limit one per person.

--LIVE SHOWS--

All kind of tours are going on this month and next. James Jackson Toth (our old buddy who many of you know as Wooden Wand) is barnstorming the US, including several western shows with the Silver Jews. Check it out! Lots of Jack Rose and Sunburned Hand of the Man tour action over the upcoming weeks as well. Check 'em out if they come near you! As always, check back by this list for more dates by more artists as they become known to us.
www.threelobed.com/tlr/live.html

--

Thanks for your attention! Talk to you soon...

Cory
Old 09.18.2008, 07:58 AM   #132
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
"Gucci Rapidshare Download" hit my doormat this morning. I listened to it in the car this morning, and on first hearing I'd say it's my favourite of the series.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2008, 08:31 AM   #133
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunderbuss
"Gucci Rapidshare Download" hit my doormat this morning. I listened to it in the car this morning, and on first hearing I'd say it's my favourite of the series.

cool!

Old 09.18.2008, 08:41 AM   #134
threelobed
bad moon rising

Quote:

awesome! glad you dig it. the lengthy fourth track totally slays.
Old 09.18.2008, 09:00 AM   #135
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
^
Indeed it does!
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2008, 09:20 AM   #136
greenlight
invito al cielo

what's next on agenda? did you recorded Glacial by any chance (as someone mentioned)?

Old 09.18.2008, 10:04 AM   #137
threelobed
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlight
what's next on agenda? did you recorded Glacial by any chance (as someone mentioned)?

next up on the agenda is a jack rose LP that will be coming out next week. following that will be a 2xLP (with CD of an hour of additional material) from sunburned hand of the man and a LP from howlin rain. some additional things are also starting to line up for next year. the glacial trio stuff is still in lee's control and i don't know what his immediate plans for it happen to be.
Old 09.18.2008, 10:19 AM   #138
stu666
Super Moderator

Quote:

yeah i just got home from work early to find this waiting for me, i'm half way through listening now and so far it is very good. now i just need to find some glue to stick the slipcase together and start saving for the next threelobed releases

Old 09.18.2008, 02:42 PM   #139
threelobed
bad moon rising

oh yeah - forgot the planned vinyl reissue of our old hush arbors "landscape of bone" release with bonus material...
Old 09.22.2008, 01:33 PM   #140
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I though the GHQ was my favorite but I played the Tom Carter disc by mistake this weekend and was really blown away.

Really well done set of discs, Mr Threelobedman.

and yes Glacial was taped.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth