Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page post stories from your visits to the doctor
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.06.2011, 09:32 AM   #1
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I'm don't even remember the name of mine.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 10:45 AM   #2
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
when i was a kid mine was called Dr. Bal-Hatchet
I didnt realise the comedy value until she left, alas

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 10:51 AM   #3
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
My dentist had this terrifyingly calm Edinburgh accent. When he miscalculated my anaesthetic once and drilled into my teeth, i screamed and he went "Did that hurt?" in a tone that strongly implied he had known all along.
He used to operate on himself whilst drunk, at least someone in my school thought he did.

Old 06.06.2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
One of the doctors at my surgery is called Dr A. Romero. I asked her if her husband was a film director.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 11:18 AM   #5
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
^haha.

one time when I was 7 I felt really really uncomfortable when a male doctor had me get completely naked and walk in straight lines and do somewhat weird exercises in front of him. Because I had a stomach ache. Strange shit... I felt weird. Never went back to him, and we heard he retired shortly after, despite being a very young doctor...

When I was 13, and an asian female doctor was checking me for blood in my stools so she shoved a gloved finger in my ass VERY VERY FAR, and I remember involuntarily getting an erection. I apologized.

One time my back doctor got sued for $3,000,000 for killing someone on accident. The next patient he had to see (I had scoliosis)? ME! He did a great job on me, though I still have back pains to this day. When I tried to go in there to get a "mild painkiller", he said I was too young (16) for that and threw me out, saying my back pain would go away. Went back when I was 19, saying my occasional back pains were worse than ever, and he said the same thing, I was too young blah blah. I haven't went back since and I heard he gets sued for a few millions every year.

My counselor/therapist/psychiatrist woman I saw from 12-18 is my favorite person in the world. She retired and I stopped going. She was AMAZING. She told me it's okay to jerk off. She told me it's okay to smoke some pot. She gave me advice -- SHE TOLD ME WHEN I WAS WRONG. She didn't just sit there and go "mmmhmm. Oh. Yeah. Okay. AND WHY DO YOU FEEL THAT WAY?" That woman was INCREDIBLE. I think she was my first crush. I told her EVERYTHING about me and she reacted with actual human emotion, and she didn't just scribble everything I said down. It was very therapeutic, having an impartial party tell me when I was wrong. It got me through my high school years, definitely.

Finally, one time at a Scissor Shock show, a fan gave me a piledriver (wrestling move) while I was still "singing" and the microphone got really shoved in my mouth. Metal mic. Chipped a front tooth off. I didn't notice for a while. And then... well... turns out, yeah, one of my front teeth was snaggled BIG TIME. Had to go to a dentist and get BOTH my front teeth grinded down to be even. But they're still shorter than my other teeth by half an inch or more. Not a big deal but was a pretty weird time. I brought it up to the guy who piledrived me -- not blaming him or anything, I mean it was me with the microphone in my mouth! -- and he just laughed, got all defensive, then laughed again. Shrug. It only cost, you know, $200 or something, without dental insurance. "Only".

Cool thread Gabe.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 11:18 AM   #6
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
I've never had a memorable visit with a "family doctor." Several fun
ER visits, though. I was hospitalized at two weeks old with respiratory problems, that I still have trouble with. Stitches in my head when I was 3 (my first memory is getting them removed...I got a grape lollipop after.) Lots of trips for asthma. A couple for panic attacks. Stitches for cutting my thumb on a meat slicer. There is nothing like the sensation of laying back on the stretcher, waiting for the doctor to sew you up, and feeling warm thick blood drip onto your palm.
Old 06.06.2011, 11:23 AM   #7
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
My therapist was rather cool, too (clearly not as cool as Park's though).
He bought a copy of my book, and may even have read it. Haven't talked
to him in 2 years, but he helped me immeasurably.
Old 06.06.2011, 11:24 AM   #8
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
^ Rad as hell.

I also want to mention that I had to go through about 10 therapists I either despised or had no ... repor.. repoire?... however you spell that word... with before I found one I loved.

Old 06.06.2011, 11:30 AM   #9
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
^ Rad as hell.

I also want to mention that I had to go through about 10 therapists I either despised or had no ... repor.. repoire?... however you spell that word... with before I found one I loved.

rapport

I had one from Iran who had fled during the revolution in 1979, and i found myself more interested in her life than my own. Made me feel slightly ashamed for living in such a free place and not being able to function correctly

Old 06.06.2011, 11:31 AM   #10
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
^ Rad as hell.

Rapport?

EDIT: Fuck you Ikara CUNT.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 11:33 AM   #11
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennthebenn
I've never had a memorable visit with a "family doctor." Several fun
ER visits, though. I was hospitalized at two weeks old with respiratory problems, that I still have trouble with. Stitches in my head when I was 3 (my first memory is getting them removed...I got a grape lollipop after.) Lots of trips for asthma. A couple for panic attacks. Stitches for cutting my thumb on a meat slicer. There is nothing like the sensation of laying back on the stretcher, waiting for the doctor to sew you up, and feeling warm thick blood drip onto your palm.
I was going to say that ER stories will do too, so I'm glad you edited your post. Plus, those kind of stories make for good tv series.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 11:37 AM   #12
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
Rapport?

EDIT: Fuck you Ikara CUNT.

Thats Mr Ikara Cunt to you

Old 06.06.2011, 12:29 PM   #13
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
there used to be a Dr. Cocaine working near me (that was his real name)

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 01:25 PM   #14
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
I hate the er. I had to wait 6 hours for the ER alone.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.06.2011, 01:25 PM   #15
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
then another 5 waiting for doctors n shit.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2011, 05:54 AM   #16
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Are you pregnant again?
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2011, 08:34 AM   #17
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonso
It was pretty funny to see the reaction of an assistant as she entered the room while I was having an ultrasound done to my lower abdomen.
I thought everyone has seen goatse by now.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.07.2011, 08:40 AM   #18
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I have only been to a doctor twice in the past twenty years.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.14.2011, 09:59 AM   #19
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
there used to be a Dr. Cocaine working near me (that was his real name)

This post always cracked me up.

"I have to go see Dr. Cocaine, I have a runny nose problem..."

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth