Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page now, now
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.02.2014, 03:53 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
So I thought i started a thread about em already but it appears i didnt.. ive been hooked on the.record "threads" by the Minneapolis band now, now.. you know the more I listen to this.record the.more I love it. Shoegazey with a pop vocal edge, a bit of that 90s dueling vocal harmonies.. really this whole record sounds not like a 90s throwback but rather a revisiting. Its.intetesting to listen to the way some young early 20-somethings explore a type of sound that is not theirs, the way our generation of the "the" bands revisited late 70s bluesy rock band sound masquerading as "post-punk" so should I classifu now, now as "post-90s" ?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2014, 07:44 AM   #2
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
I have the album "Cars" from when they were called Now, Now Every Children. Love it, but kinda lost track of them. Thanks for the post - will def check it out!
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.04.2014, 02:47 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You should really check out Threads its definitely a progression from Cars.. Where Cars is full on indie-pop Threads again has that shoegaze edge, more distortion, more grit. It builds on the heavier sound of that second half of the Cars record

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth