Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Spin dressing up bands for photos makes me sick
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.04.2011, 10:20 AM   #1
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Why do they dress up bands against their will? It cheapens everything about that magazine, and all others who do the same.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2011, 10:45 AM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Visual representation is really important. People in bands very often dress very badly. One of the worst things about Nirvana is that they introduced this idea that you can dress terribly and 'that's ok'. Yes, it's fine if you're a handsome swine like Cobain; no, the average turd cannot get away with it.

Bands should take more care with how they dress, then there wouldn't be the need to dress them 'against their will'. Arguably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2011, 10:50 AM   #3
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
yes, when you say "against their will", I assume you mean RAPE, like with rope and knives to their throats.

ps: who the fuck reads Spin anymore. lol?
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2011, 10:56 AM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
In fairness, you assume people mean RAPE when talking about anything - even something as innocuous as corn.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 03.04.2011, 11:12 AM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know about you, but I can think up terrible things to do with corn.

then again, you live in the Gr(e)ay Isles and corn grows TINY there.

shuck n fuck.
Old 03.04.2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Fuck you. Our corn is awesome. Fuck you Anglo-corn haterz and your retarded bread.

Quote:
Old 03.04.2011, 11:30 AM   #7
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

as if your depressed ever-weeping skies could grow a stalk the likes of which America sees.

your kernels are sour, underdeveloped and quite frankly, leave your women unsatisfied and yearning for yankee a-maize-ments.

is it rape if they BEG for it???
Old 03.04.2011, 11:39 AM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

I don't cornseed; I ear what you're saying, but you're just being a pain in the grass.

Quote:
Old 03.04.2011, 11:47 AM   #9
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

peas and hominy.
Old 03.04.2011, 02:30 PM   #10
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Visual representation is really important. People in bands very often dress very badly. One of the worst things about Nirvana is that they introduced this idea that you can dress terribly and 'that's ok'. Yes, it's fine if you're a handsome swine like Cobain; no, the average turd cannot get away with it.

Come on, that was the BEST thing about Nirvana.

People should dress whatever they want - not if they accept being dressed up by other people for a magazine that's their problem no?

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2011, 02:31 PM   #11
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
better question: why do you buy theses magazines and/or care

Old 03.04.2011, 02:36 PM   #12
Glice
invito al cielo

Why are you talking about that and not grain?

And, honestly, I really struggle to not hate Nirvana on the basis of what they did to fashion. Trainers [sneakers] - awful, on anyone. Those shirts! Awful dye-jobs! No no no no no.

I've barley started.

Quote:
Old 03.04.2011, 02:37 PM   #13
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
better question: why do you buy theses magazines and/or care

The whole concept of using bands to sell fashion is tacky.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2011, 02:39 PM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Are you fucking insane? Have you seen how sharp the zoots were? Miles' cut? I mean, for fuck's sake, music has always been about looking like a sharp motherfucker.

Quote:
Old 03.04.2011, 03:03 PM   #15
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
The whole concept of using bands to sell fashion is tacky.

It has always been fashion looks for inspiration in music, never the opposite.

Old 03.04.2011, 03:06 PM   #16
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

glice, with his rye demeanor, is a cereal rapist who oat to be threshed.
Old 03.04.2011, 03:12 PM   #17
knox
invito al cielo

Nirvana-fashion allowed me to wear baggy trousers and not wash my hair for a long time, as well as applying more $2 dollar eyeliner with no precision than anyone ever has.

Of course we've been reading about high couture brands doing grunge-inspired collections, but when I saw a magazine last week saying they are doing "the kurt cobain-style highlights" in hollywood salons I couldn't help but think he made the right decision.

Old 03.04.2011, 03:23 PM   #18
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
We might as well just buy the records and let bands play onstage behind a red curtain, if music is all that always matter. It's true that some well dressed bands remain shit even if they look good. Mix having a great appearance with great music and you have one of the best things ever. Who in their sane mind would want Les Rallizes Denudes to look like Dinosaur fucking Jr?
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.04.2011, 03:27 PM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
glice, with his rye demeanor, is a cereal rapist who oat to be threshed.

I don't know wheat you're talking about. I can't get a grist on what you're saying. I'm not even sure chuno what you're saying.

Quote:
Old 03.04.2011, 03:30 PM   #20
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
It's true that some well dressed bands remain shit even if they look good. Mix having a great appearance with great music and you have one of the best things ever. Who in their sane mind would want Les Rallizes Denudes to look like Dinosaur fucking Jr?

On the other hand, I have a lot more time for the Horrors because they look amazing than if they looked like Dinosaur fucking Jr. The Cramps, a similar thing - thought the music was ok, saw some pictures, decided they were one of the best things imaginable. And LRD - I mean, is there a sexier band around? The only one I can think of is mid-80s Einsturzende.

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth