Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Robot Wars
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.24.2011, 02:48 AM   #1
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.monbiot.com/2011/02/23/robot-wars/
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 02:54 AM   #2
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses

i reckon he did.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 03:42 AM   #3
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Really interesting article, thanks. It reminded me a bit of when atsonicpark was posing as a fan of his own movies on another forum. It was both sweet and hilarious.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 05:35 AM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I was thinking that the irony was that Monbiot was dead. Then I realised I was thinking about Mandelbrot. Missed a trick there, Georgey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 05:40 AM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
But more seriously, I don't believe I've ever seen an effective astroturfer.

I'm off to get me a nice, cool can of branded sugar product.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 02.24.2011, 08:53 AM   #6
ink.
the end of the ugly

ink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's assesink. kicks all y'all's asses
hunter-killer drones are the best invention since the sleeveless jacket.

they spare the invaluable lives of countless Americans while putting those godless ragheads to the torch.

FUCK YEAH!!
ink. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 09:24 AM   #7
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy

i reckon he did.

Im certain he did. I mean, he got Kochanski to go out with him, thats a fair feat in my book.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 09:26 AM   #8
Glice
invito al cielo

Two different Kochanskis at that (I preferred the Grogan one).

Edit: Hang on - did he go out with the series 2 Kochanski? He definitely did the series 7 one. Does it count if it was part of the series that don't count?

Quote:
Old 02.24.2011, 09:28 AM   #9
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice

Oh fuck yeah, anyone who prefers the posh horsey Kochanski to the fun scottish Kochanski can only be harbouring some kind of weird class resentment

Old 02.24.2011, 09:31 AM   #10
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:

Edit: Hang on - did he go out with the series 2 Kochanski? He definitely did the series 7 one. Does it count if it was part of the series that don't count?

He did go out with original Kochanski but it was before the series started and she left him for a high flying officer type - hence the tragedy of him never seeing her again. Its in the books, all of which ive read, but its taken as backgrouund in the TV series. They were going to have a farm in Fiji... Its just so unfair!

Old 02.24.2011, 09:34 AM   #11
Glice
invito al cielo

Aye, me too - what did you make of the Naylor solo one? I know it's not that well received by a lot of people, but I quite liked the more sombre tone.

Quote:
Old 02.24.2011, 09:42 AM   #12
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Aye, me too - what did you make of the Naylor solo one? I know it's not that well received by a lot of people, but I quite liked the more sombre tone.

Nah, i could never imagine Lister having that kind of passion for the character. I dunno, by the time the 7th series came I was 12 or something and id read all the books and seen all the episodes, the whole Kochanski thing is kinda the sole reason Lister carries on in this hopeless universe.

In the first book, just after he's released from stasis and he finds out the crew have been wiped out it describes him going on a total bender and coming to terms with the fact he is the last human being alive, its alot darker. So having gone through all that with the character, i found second Kochanski really underwhelming.

I do realise this is a sitcom but yknow. I actually think series 7 is really good in general

Old 02.24.2011, 09:56 AM   #13
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7JO1xnRW5Q

Its odd, in this he says he and Kochanski never made love, I missed that before. Which makes it seem sadder...
But anyway

Old 02.24.2011, 10:13 AM   #14
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
Nah, i could never imagine Lister having that kind of passion for the character. I dunno, by the time the 7th series came I was 12 or something and id read all the books and seen all the episodes, the whole Kochanski thing is kinda the sole reason Lister carries on in this hopeless universe.

In the first book, just after he's released from stasis and he finds out the crew have been wiped out it describes him going on a total bender and coming to terms with the fact he is the last human being alive, its alot darker. So having gone through all that with the character, i found second Kochanski really underwhelming.

I do realise this is a sitcom but yknow. I actually think series 7 is really good in general

Disagree with that last point, but let's not let that worry us - looking at it, I was 11 when series 6 aired, and 15 by the time 7 aired, so I suspect a big part of my not liking that was that it was that I'd gone through puberty in the interim.

I do think it went wrong when Kochanski returns though - part of the point is that he's meant to be a sad bastard for the rest of time. It's like when Del and Rodney became millionaires - what's the fucking point now then? I need to go back to the later Steptoe to see if this theory holds up...

Quote:
Old 02.24.2011, 10:45 AM   #15
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Disagree with that last point, but let's not let that worry us - looking at it, I was 11 when series 6 aired, and 15 by the time 7 aired, so I suspect a big part of my not liking that was that it was that I'd gone through puberty in the interim.

I do think it went wrong when Kochanski returns though - part of the point is that he's meant to be a sad bastard for the rest of time. It's like when Del and Rodney became millionaires - what's the fucking point now then? I need to go back to the later Steptoe to see if this theory holds up...

I dont know how id have felt if it was original Kochanski coming back in series 7, i dont really see second Kochanski as being the same character, and they hinted at that themselves because she came from another dimension.
series 6 had a real finality to it, especially with Rimmer finally being brave and heroic at the end. I see series 7 as being a separate series, a new start essentiaally because Lister isnt the character he was in the first 3 series, he's not defined by his situation any more, he's defined by his relationships with the other characters. They re-used alot of really good ideas such as the Artificial Reality machines and the time travel in the JFK episode, and best of all they made the definitive Ace Rimmer episode too. Series 7 doesnt move me like the first 3 do in their depiction of humour amongst hopelessness, but i do enjoy the jokes

Old 02.24.2011, 11:14 AM   #16
Glice
invito al cielo

Fair enough. I wonder what I'd make of it now - the betrayal was too much at the time, small-minded, obnoxious little shit that I was (obviously, I'm no longer small).

Quote:
Old 02.24.2011, 12:42 PM   #17
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I suspected for a long time that sort of thing went on in message boards. It was endemic on the NME message board. Users suspected others, usually the trolls of the board, of having multiple accounts. Their aliases were commonly referred to as "sock puppets".
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 12:44 PM   #18
Glice's Sockpuppet
empty page

Glice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's assesGlice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's assesGlice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's assesGlice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's assesGlice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's assesGlice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's assesGlice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's assesGlice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's assesGlice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's assesGlice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's assesGlice's Sockpuppet kicks all y'all's asses
Sounds like bollocks to me.
Glice's Sockpuppet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.24.2011, 12:47 PM   #19
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice's Sockpuppet
Sounds like bollocks to me.

We'd simply put the sock puppets on ignore.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.03.2011, 02:09 PM   #20
Glice
invito al cielo

Just out of curiosity, is it just me that suddenly suspects astroturfing here?

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth