Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page What are you latest concert expirience's
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.20.2008, 06:04 AM   #61
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Yesterday, on a festival

The Gossip - surprisingly good
Editors - bollocks
The Streets - awesome, awesome, awesome. Mike Skinner was really into it.
And there was a band called The Cribs playing there too that was, in fact, utter shit, but to my great surprise their final song included pre-recorded poem by Lee! He was even been shown on a screen behind the band. Sweet.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2008, 12:35 PM   #62
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
The Nels Cline Singers

Same, different place though. Great show, 2 hours or so of jazz.

I'm contemplating going to back to Asheville on August 8th when GZA plays, but it's a local 3-day festival and I don't care to see anyone else.
Old 07.20.2008, 01:22 PM   #63
Torn Curtain
invito al cielo

Torn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's assesTorn Curtain kicks all y'all's asses
Yesterday at Angoulême:

Mademoiselle K : I hate her, she sucks.

Patrick Watson : didn't like it. Her voice reminded me of Chris Martin's and the music doesn't go anywhere.

The Dø: I liked it. They may not be great but still are refreshing. I love Olivia's guitar playing.

The Bellrays: a bit too heavy for my liking.

The Hives: good performance, the music seems to lack sincerity though and they were horribly pretentious (for instance they kept on raising a "Long lives The Hives" banner).

Iggy & The Stooges: the first half was great as they played songs from the S/T and Fun house, it then unfortunately went downhill with the recent material. Iggy's energy was still impressive.
Old 07.21.2008, 09:43 PM   #64
Kallisti23chaos
children of satan

Kallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's assesKallisti23chaos kicks all y'all's asses
The Cure- I have no idea why ??
Old 07.21.2008, 10:23 PM   #65
drrrtyboots
invito al cielo

drrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's assesdrrrtyboots kicks all y'all's asses
7/18 - Deerhoof in Prospect Park Brooklyn, NY - free show! band was on top form, played all the hits, some new songs which were phenomenal, cant wait for the new album

7/19, Siren Festival on Coney Island:

The Dodos - their set was cut very short, still played great
Times New Viking - LOUD and very enjoyable
Beach House - A little out of place at the festival but still played newer material flawlessly
Broken Social Scene - AMAZING as always even without any of the ladies (Feist, Haines, Millan) to sing

drrrtyboots is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth