Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Ingmar Bergman anyone?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.24.2006, 05:47 PM   #1
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
What have you seen? Yr favorites?
umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 05:53 PM   #2
khchris
little trouble girl

khchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud of
She was great in Casablanca!!

I just loved 8 1/2 as well
khchris is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 07:23 PM   #3
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by khchris
She was great in Casablanca!!

I just loved 8 1/2 as well

^^ funny guy, but misleading

my favorite has to be fanny and alexander-- it's his most beautiful and imaginative, and a sort of summary of his career as a filmmaker-- he's been doing other stuff since (tv mostly, and plays) that i have not seen. and sven nyqvist's cinematography is just fucking spectacular! the beauty of that film...

i've also seen
wild strawberries
persona
the seventh seal
winter light

i want to see scenes from a marriage, which i haven't yet...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 08:06 PM   #4
khchris
little trouble girl

khchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud ofkhchris has much to be proud of
Don't forget 400 blows!
khchris is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 08:07 PM   #5
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hah hah
Old 04.24.2006, 08:37 PM   #6
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
i've only seen wild strawberries, it was pretty good. i want to see more.
umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.24.2006, 09:31 PM   #7
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
i saw 7th seal for the first time a couple of months ago. posted about it on the classic forum. i have 4 or 5 more of his movies in my netflix dealy
Old 04.24.2006, 10:10 PM   #8
samantha.
little trouble girl

samantha. has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
i've only seen wild strawberries, it was pretty good. i want to see more.

Yeah, I want to see more as well. I've only seen Fanny och Alexander, and I quite liked it.
samantha. is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 10:46 PM   #9
Drugstore_Cowboy
little trouble girl

Drugstore_Cowboy ain't too shabby
Through a Glass Darkly gets my vote.
Drugstore_Cowboy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 02:42 AM   #10
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
From The Life Of The Marionettes is pretty spectacular... also The Seventh Seal, Cries And Whispers and Summer With Monika.

I agree that Fanny And Alexander is a beautiful piece of work... but it didn't move me as much as the others that I've seen.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 04:28 AM   #11
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Persona is awesome... enjoyed scenes from a marriage as well...
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 06:33 PM   #12
Drugstore_Cowboy
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic johnny
From The Life Of The Marionettes is pretty spectacular... also The Seventh Seal, Cries And Whispers and Summer With Monika.

I agree that Fanny And Alexander is a beautiful piece of work... but it didn't move me as much as the others that I've seen.
Did you watch the theatrical version of Fanny and Alexander, or the television version?
Old 04.27.2006, 04:58 AM   #13
Kannibal
children of satan

Kannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's assesKannibal kicks all y'all's asses
"scenes from a marriage" was probably my last year's fav book.
Kannibal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 05:02 AM   #14
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drugstore_Cowboy
Did you watch the theatrical version of Fanny and Alexander, or the television version?
Regrettably it was the TV version so I know that it probably wasn't ideal.

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 10:26 AM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

the tv version is better actually i hear-- longer (5 hours)--available on dvd as well. this on the other has great extra features like "the making of..." which are awesome.
Old 04.27.2006, 08:54 PM   #16
Drugstore_Cowboy
little trouble girl

The television version is, indeed, better.
Old 04.27.2006, 11:41 PM   #17
Southern Surfer
empty page

Southern Surfer has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Okay, here's what I have right now:

Smiles of A Summer Night
The Seventh Seal
Wild Strawberries
The Virgin Spring
Through A Glass Darkly
Winter Light
The Silence
Persona
Hour of the Wolf
Shame
The Passion of Anna
The Serpent's Egg
Cries and Whispers
Scenes From A Marriage
The Magic Flute
Autumn Sonata
Fanny and Alexander

I think that's everything that's in print here in the U.S.

Adddition: I was wrong. Saraband is now available here. I'll have it soon.
Southern Surfer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2006, 11:53 PM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

can you put me in your will? just in case?
Old 04.28.2006, 12:00 AM   #19
Southern Surfer
empty page

Southern Surfer has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
can you put me in your will? just in case?
Oh, why not? My family and friends sure don't share my taste in cinema.
Southern Surfer is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2006, 12:44 AM   #20
hebbel
little trouble girl

hebbel ain't too shabbyhebbel ain't too shabby
surfer... have you seen "summer interlude"? it's called "sommarlek" in swedish...

this is BY FAR the best bergman film in my opinion... sadly it's pretty forgotten/ignored... but hey, godard called it his favorite bergman film ...

i have a dvd-rip of it with english subs... if you or anyone else wants to see it i could send it through some p2p program...
hebbel is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth