Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page >>the last movie you watched
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.26.2020, 11:42 PM   #24521
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
"The Last Dance"
How is The Last Dance. I thought I just had read a review but it was an interview with Carmen Electra so it didn't say much about basketball...

Fortunately the series is on Netflix over here as well. That team was something else. But I wouldn't watch Space Jam for it, but rather check for some games on YT. With the corona lockdown are the sport channels rerunning NBA matches? That's what I would be watching, but all we get is football and more football reruns (but I haven't checked the programming of the paid channels)

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.27.2020, 08:15 AM   #24522
tw2113
expwy. to yr skull

tw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's assestw2113 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
How is The Last Dance. I thought I just had read a review but it was an interview with Carmen Electra so it didn't say much about basketball...

Fortunately the series is on Netflix over here as well. That team was something else. But I wouldn't watch Space Jam for it, but rather check for some games on YT. With the corona lockdown are the sport channels rerunning NBA matches? That's what I would be watching, but all we get is football and more football reruns (but I haven't checked the programming of the paid channels)

I've enjoyed it thus far. It's also telling me that there was a lot more off-court drama going on that my 14 year old mind was missing seeing. I got into watching the NBA early on in the 2nd three-peat so it's still very timely to me to see
Old 04.27.2020, 08:41 PM   #24523
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
I watched The Hangover, first watch. Really enjoyed it.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.28.2020, 01:17 AM   #24524
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Also, recently watched The Platform on Netflix. Not sure what to make of it. I started off totally loving it and really excited to see where it would go. Really reminded me of a modern take on Cube from back in the day. It got a little odd though, and started to feel a bit preachy, but misguided on what it was actually trying to say. It was one of those that left me feeling like I missed the main point, and I lost interest in trying to figure it out. First half hour to an hour were really engrossing though.

Curious of anyone else's thoughts on it...
You know, I watched the trailer and decided that it's probably something I'd find too upsetting even if (or perhaps because) the moral of the setting is something I can agree with; those at lower levels of society only get what those at the higher levels allow them to have, and it can be much easier to fall than climb.

And yes, I did get Cube vibes. I enjoyed that film, but I think I'll pass on this one.
Old 04.28.2020, 01:25 AM   #24525
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
snip
I take it you're physically attracted to Sigourney Weaver?

Also, this forum needs a multi-quote function...actually the whole thing needs a massive update!
Old 04.30.2020, 03:59 PM   #24526
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
earlier today tried watching “groundhog day” which starts kinda funny but then gets boring so i spaced it then finally finished it. it had its funny moments but overall i didnt like it, especially the awful music.

i like bill murray but gave it a thumbs down.

later though, as a revenge, i watched goodfellas all over again.

what a movie!

and what i noticed the most this time around were the numerous, excellent tracking shots that pepper the whole movie. brilliant visual narrative throughout. just fucking masterful tracking shots. at the copacabana. in the meat truck. around the house. even the last shot. it’s not just the roaming, it’s what it shows.

One of the best ever!
Old 04.30.2020, 03:59 PM   #24527
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

Old 04.30.2020, 04:19 PM   #24528
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokolosh

oh fuck, i was gonna go watch this the weekend the quarantine started.

i think they have it on hulu now...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.30.2020, 04:39 PM   #24529
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Quote:
oh fuck, i was gonna go watch this the weekend the quarantine started.

i think they have it on hulu now...

Best Joon-ho film to date, in my opinion. The edit and pace is phenomenal.

Hope you are safe in New Mexico, !@#$%!
Old 05.01.2020, 08:53 AM   #24530
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Big love for Alejandro Jodorowsky!
Old 05.02.2020, 12:17 PM   #24531
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

Perfect movie for the Saturday afternoon couch potato

Old 05.02.2020, 12:51 PM   #24532
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Perfect movie for the Saturday afternoon couch potato
i can do worse than that!

watching mortal kombat right now

not sure i’ll finish it...
Old 05.02.2020, 01:46 PM   #24533
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i can do worse than that!

watching mortal kombat right now

not sure i’ll finish it...

I LOVED that film when I was a kid. Reckon I could recite both that and Mrs Doubtfire by heart.

"This is the part where you fall over. WHERE DO YOU GET THESE GUYS?!"

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.02.2020, 11:02 PM   #24534
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
I LOVED that film when I was a kid. Reckon I could recite both that and Mrs Doubtfire by heart.

"This is the part where you fall over. WHERE DO YOU GET THESE GUYS?!"
hahaha it was so bad i fell asleep twice. but i finished it eventually. will never get my 1h9min back but the naps were nice

xxx

ANYWAY ended up rewatching SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK because david o. russell always makes me laugh so hard and his casts are *great*

very funny shit, some great scenes
Old 05.03.2020, 03:06 AM   #24535
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
Tonight I watched The Runaways movie, with Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart. It was fine. Fairly run of the mill rock bio movie.
Old 05.03.2020, 12:29 PM   #24536
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Seeing you talk of Parasite reminded me I had been wanting to check out Snowpiercer. Only got about halfway through last night. I might eventually finished it, but can't say I was very into it at all. Loved Parasite though.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.03.2020, 07:47 PM   #24537
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Tonight I watched The Runaways movie, with Dakota Fanning and Kristen Stewart. It was fine. Fairly run of the mill rock bio movie.
You have to admit Michael Shannon as Kim Fowley was genius, though.
Old 05.03.2020, 08:32 PM   #24538
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

THE DAY TRIPPERS (greg mottola, 1996)

great little movie i hadn’t ever heard of but found it on criterion today and blam!

i wasn’t fully aware of greg mottola either, although he was the director of superbad and had a hand in arrested development and other good tv shows.

this was good and funny and a great cast, well beyond the confines of this poster which only features the back seat and is missing the driver, the copilot (lol), and a bunch of other people. just finished a very enjoyable afternoon with it.

-

i am however superdisappointed that criterion took peter greenaway’s “the draughtsman’s contract” offline before i had the chance to see it
Old 05.04.2020, 11:57 PM   #24539
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

I watched The Death of Stalin tonight, pretty much cause Steve Buscemi is in it. Two movie night, just watched The Hangover Part II.
Old 05.06.2020, 04:29 AM   #24540
_tunic_
invito al cielo

I watched half of Ocean's 8 yesterday but didn't really like it. Did anyone watch this already? Does it get any better in the second half (I still have 54 minutes to go)?

727112711771217122412251226 1227 12281229123012371277 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth