Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Sonic Gossip
Reload this Page Show in Northampton on Valentines Day - Cancelled?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.13.2007, 11:41 PM   #1
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
We're supposed to be getting a really bad snow storm here in New England tonight and into Wednesday (Valentines Day). I was wondering if the band was going to cancel the show at the Academy of Music???? If so, can we get our tickets refunded??

I dont want the show cancelled, but if it is, I want my money back and I'd like to know if it's cancelled before I drive the hour and a half to Northampton from where I live. It's 11:30 pm right now as I type, and it's not snowing too hard (flurries) here in Worcester county, but you never know. Anyone from the band or on the inside know the score???

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 09:41 AM   #2
Mdjohnsit
empty page

Mdjohnsit has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
http://www.academyofmusictheatre.com/

to here. its the academy of music page. itll be listed there if canceled.
Mdjohnsit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 10:52 AM   #3
pingybrown
empty page

pingybrown has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I can not attend and I e-mailed the academy. Performance will happen no matter what because it is a benefit. If anyone still wants my ticket, please e-mail me. I will give it to you for free. pingybrown@hotmail.com

Here is the e-mail message:

I am afraid there are no exchanges or refunds on tickets purchased
for the Sonic Youth concert at the Academy of Music Theatre. That
performance is being given as a fund raiser to benefit the Greenfield
Center School and all ticket receipts have already been donated to
them. I'm sorry that you will not be able to attend the show, but at
least your ticket purchase is helping a good cause.
pingybrown is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 11:26 AM   #4
baby bulldog
bad moon rising

baby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's assesbaby bulldog kicks all y'all's asses
If only it was just a snow storm.Friggin ice storm here in CT.....balls!!!
baby bulldog is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 11:33 AM   #5
akesin
Administrator

akesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's asses
Couple of quick notes about tonights Sonic Youth show in Northampton. Despite the beautiful weather, this show is determined to go on tonight "unless the town shuts us down or something." Unfortunately, both Michael and Derek from Awesome Color have 104 degree fever so they've had to cancel - it will be just a (2) band affair. Wooden Wand arrived safely last night- no news there. Pretty sure it's sold out but go to TURN IT UP and ask anyway. Happy Valentines Day lovers.
akesin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 11:36 AM   #6
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
i hope you all you lucky ones who got tickets have a great time, and we want setlists!
Old 02.14.2007, 11:48 AM   #7
Mdjohnsit
empty page

awesome color. thats a little of disapointing.
Old 02.14.2007, 02:44 PM   #8
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, sounds nice idilic winter night. enjoy the show, whoever is going to be there. by the way, we had bad winter this year (lots of rain, no snow) in europe, which sucks.
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 02:48 PM   #9
dazedcola
the end of the ugly

dazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's assesdazedcola kicks all y'all's asses
The snow is still coming down endlessly and it doesn't look like its going to let up anytime soon. I really hope the academy cancels the show, cause it would be ignorant to have the show go on with barely anyone in attendance.
Ill meet ya on the next one
And dont be late "
-Jimi Hendrix

...And me just another dream theory, lost inside your eye

"when my mind's uncertain my body decides
what it will do to get through the hell of the night
as I trip on the ocean that leads through your eyes
well my eyes can't wait til they finally see through you"
dazedcola is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.14.2007, 03:08 PM   #10
Mdjohnsit
empty page

im guessing a lot of people going to the show are from northampton like me. so there aint gunna be nobody there. there is gunna be lots of peiple!

anyways. they CANT postpone it. its a benefit and they already have the money. and the academy being so small it couldnt front the money for refunds. so unless sonic youth decides to pay all the attendees back...if it doenst go on NO ONE WOULD GET REFUNDS. that i would consider shitty. sucks for the people who cant make it. but shit.

the bands are in town... and so are a lot of fans. time to start the show baby!
Old 02.14.2007, 06:37 PM   #11
akesin
Administrator

akesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's assesakesin kicks all y'all's asses
6:30 and bands have soundchecked. Show is on.
akesin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 12:07 AM   #12
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
setlist setlist?!
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 12:45 AM   #13
Poffdl
empty page

Poffdl ain't too shabbyPoffdl ain't too shabby
Similar to the last tour. I'm not sure about the order.

Incinerate
Reena
Candle
What a Waste
Schizophrenia
Eric's Trip
Do You Believe in Rapture
Rats
Jams Run Free
Pink Steam
Or

Teenage Riot
The Neutral

Shaking Hell
Expressway To Yr Skull
Poffdl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 12:50 AM   #14
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the set.
Old 02.15.2007, 01:03 AM   #15
Concrete Abutments
bad moon rising

Concrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's assesConcrete Abutments kicks all y'all's asses
Turquoise Boy was in there too somewhere. They never EVER do Sleepin' Around. Have they ever done Sleepin' Around?
Concrete Abutments is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 01:09 AM   #16
neptuneg
100%

neptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's assesneptuneg kicks all y'all's asses
i guess webster hall will have a similar setlist
neptuneg is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 01:53 AM   #17
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Abutments
Turquoise Boy was in there too somewhere. They never EVER do Sleepin' Around. Have they ever done Sleepin' Around?

i think they just got tired of it, they didn't play it too many times last year
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 02:30 AM   #18
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
thanks for a setlist? (obvious setlist)
how was show like soundwise?
Old 02.15.2007, 02:56 AM   #19
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I was able to make the show and Goddamn! it was so much fun!!

I was the dude who shouted out On the Road, by the way. Not that I want the attention, but it's nice to have Thurston finally respond to my constant calls from the audience.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.15.2007, 03:04 AM   #20
greenlight
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Well, I was able to make the show and Goddamn! it was so much fun!!

I was the dude who shouted out On the Road, by the way. Not that I want the attention, but it's nice to have Thurston finally respond to my constant calls from the audience.

On the road? What did you want to say him?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth