Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Aphex Twin Selected Ambient Works Volume II Black Vinyl
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.03.2011, 04:10 AM   #1
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
The other day I was thinking about albums I will be listening to until my death and this is definitely one of them. A work of abstract art both visual and auditory, I truly cherish this album and in my opinion this is Richard D. James' master work, followed by "I Care Because You Do". I first came across this album in 1997 when I was 13 and it just plain confused me, but in a mesmerizing way. Within 3 months of listening to it, I was taking it everywhere with me. Listening to it on my headphones back in the age of cd Discmans, begging my parents to let me play it in the car whenever we would go driving at night, and of course playing it as I went to sleep at night. The nature of the songs continue to invoke feelings and images of mystery, machinery, science, electric power, and modern facades in my brain. The melodies and textures, and very importantly the "artwork" make this album truly electric. Salvador Dali would be proud

Anyway, I just felt like talking about this album on a forum with some other people who probably feel the same way about it. And to say I would do ANYTHING to own the vinyl.

EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.03.2011, 01:54 PM   #2
loubarret
expwy. to yr skull

loubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's assesloubarret kicks all y'all's asses

loubarret is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.04.2011, 12:02 PM   #3
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
the guy from warp said he had a new album out in 2011, or it might have been an albums worth of material ready to release...doesn't actualy mean he'll release it, but there was talk a few months back. loved the Analords
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth